FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 xbmc not connecting read all theads no joy View next topic
View previous topic
roadugg
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

had enouhg now and thought id turn to the pros here for help
kai seems fine on my pc read the manual when i run the ui it just sez querying orbital mesh dont no what that meens but hey when i start xbmc my kai engine in my systray claims its connected to my xbox ip but when i start xbmc i get the not connected messege how can i make it connect tried everythin (cept what'll fix it)
cheers in advance
slassassin1
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same problem, and have read all the threads and followed all the instructions with no luck.
Puma81
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its simple really. 1st make sure you have done the Settings -> Network and either filled it in for a static setup or for DHCP. One way to tell hat the xbox is getting net access is if the rss feed is scrolling on the home screen.

2nd you go to Settings -> My Programs -> Xlink Kai. Fill in the Pc IP (or Router IP for Kaistation users) of were you have the kai engine running. Fill in the xtag and pass info. Set the Directory to were you have your xbox games backed up on your xbox HDD.

That is all.

NOTE: Do not use XBMC untill you have used the kaiUI.exe on the PC and made sure your console is detected and network is reachable.
drumaboy46
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey I'm having a problem now too. I hooked my xbox up straight to the router instead of going through the wirelesws macintosh. Now I have xlink kai setup on a pc. I have all settings hooked up right. I can browse the xlink kai games within xbmc. The problem I'm having is when I tell it to launch game and I put in my game disc, it automatically says that kai has disconnected and then reconnects. Thus is doesnt save the gameroom on where I was at.

XBMC also tells me when I choose to load a game that it cant tell if the network is reachable or not. Yet xlink kai works and disconnects and reconnects after 20 seconds, and the weather even works. I dont have rss feeds coming on the bottom of the screen either. Anyways please help me. I have this xbox setup on a static ip, with correct settings.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic