FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Is there anyone even playing? View next topic
View previous topic
ataractic
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hellloooo? Is anyone playing any xbox360 games on xlink kai? I don't see anyone playing and i'm all alone Sad
dy-namo
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

xbox 360 = xbox live.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have come to realize that call of duty 2 is better on system link then XBL because you get to actually control the settings of the game and who hosts. The problem is nobody plays on Xlink really. People would enjoy the game alot better on system link with more people. I had a problem connecting to the game too. But as soon as i realized someone was downloading something at my computer they stopped and I could connect to games without any problem. Call of Duty 2 in my opinion blows perfect dark away in multiplayer mode. I encourage you all to give it a try on xlink Very Happy
ACIDSUN123
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

YES MEEEEE!

I ALSO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE IN CALL OF DUTY 2 ARENA TO PLAY AGAINST.

COD2 IS OK ON LIVE, BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CREATE YOUR OWN GAMES IS A MAJOR BLUNDER BY COD2's PROGRAMMERS.

HAVEN'T USED XLINK FOR AWHILE, BUT PLAYED HALO2 ON 360 AGAINST A NICE GROUP OF GERMANS. EVERYTHING WORKED WELL.

REALLY WANT TO TRY A FULL 360 GAME ON XLINK THOUGH. PREFERABLY GUYS IN EUROPE. ONLY BECAUSE OF LATENCY ISSUES WITH SERVERS IN AMERICA.

WAITING PATIENTLY...PEACE OUT Cool
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ACIDSUN123 wrote:
REALLY WANT TO TRY A FULL 360 GAME ON XLINK THOUGH. PREFERABLY GUYS IN EUROPE. ONLY BECAUSE OF LATENCY ISSUES WITH SERVERS IN AMERICA.

You'll definitely need to find some people in Europe.. The best ping I've ever seen to Europe is around 85ms, and I'm on the east coast of the U.S. 360 games don't seem to want to connect until you're in the 30-40ms range or better.
ACIDSUN123
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NAH! STILL DIDNT WORK.

TRIED PLAYING MY MATE 1/2 MILE ALONG THE ROAD WITH PING RATES FROM 20-30 FOR HIM AND 40-50 FOR ME.

BIGGEST LAUGH OF ALL IS I JUST NOTICED ON BACK OF THE BOX, COD2 IS PUBLISHED OR DISTRUBUTED BY ACTIVISION UK IN SLOUGH BERKSHIRE GREAT BRITAIN.

WE LIVE IN WINDSOR (NEXT DOOR TO THE QUEEN'S CASTLE LOL) WHICH IS ONLY 5-6 MILES FROM SLOUGH.SHE OFTEN COMES ROUND FOR A CUP OF TEA..BLESS HER.LOL Laughing

I HAVE GOOD MIND TO GO ALONG THERE AND TELL THEM WHAT A BADLY PROGRAMMMED PIECE OF CRAP THEY ARE FLOGGING.LOL

MANTAINING MY KARMA...PEACE OUT Cool
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only know where Slough is because of "The Office".. Very Happy

Your ping to your friend should is the same as his ping to you - that's how it works. So either it's 20-30 or 40-50, but it can't be both. 50 is probably too high. 20 is definitely within the range where it works. I don't know exactly what the cut-off is. But I've played with people hundreds of miles away so I'm not sure why your pings are so high. Are you on different ISP's?
ACIDSUN123
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HI MEAN,

YEAH "THE OFFICE" SET IN SLOUGH. I BET THAT PROGRAM WAS BASED ON ACTIVISION'S COD2 PROGRAMMING TEAM Laughing

AS FOR PINGS. I WAS SPEAKING TO MY FRIEND ON THE PHONE AT THE TIME. THE INFORMATION ON PINGS GIVEN, WAS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM WHAT WAS DISPLAYED ON SCREEN IN PRIVATE ARENA MODE.

TO BE EXACT HIS IS ALWAYS HOVERING AROUND 23ms AND MINE HOVERS AROUND 43ms.

YES WE DO BOTH USE DIFFERENT SERVICE PROVIDERS.

AS EVEN MORE INFO WE WERE BOTH CONNECTED TO DUISBERG'S GERMAN SERVER AT THE TIME. HOWEVER IN THE PAST SERVERS HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT AND XLINK SEEMS TO CHOOSE THEM RANDOMLY

FOR FUTURE GAMING AND IN AN ATTEMPT TO REDUCE THE PING RATE, DO YOU OR ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SET XLINK KAI SO THAT I CONNECT TO THE SAME SERVER AS MY FRIEND?

ARE ALL THE SERVERS THE SAME IN DETAILS SUCH AS BANDWITH, PROCCESOR POWER,CAPACITY ETC OR HOWEVER ELSE YOU MEASURE THESE THINGS.

ARE SOME SERVERS BETTER THAN OTHERS?

I KNOW XLINK PROVIDES A MAP OF THEIR WORLDWIDE SERVERS BUT IS THERE ANYWAY WE COULD GET MORE DETAILED INFO ON THE SERVERS. THIS WOULD HELP GAMERS CHOOSE ONE BETTER SUITED TO THEIR NEEDS AND LOCATION.

FOR EXAMPLE RIGHT NOW I AM CONNECTED TO TEAMXLINK CANADA WHEN I AM IN GREAT BRITAIN. OR CHOASORDER.ORG, WHICH DOESN'T EVEN LET ME GUESS THE LOCATION LET ALONE PROVIDE MORE EXACT INFO ABOUT BANDWITH ETC.

QUESTIONLY QUESTING...PEACING OUT Cool
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Urghhh ease off on the CAPS......

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The server that you connect to doesn't affect your ping at all. The servers just coordinate information like arena and chat - actual pings and game traffic are sent directly between you and other players regardless of what servers you're connected to.

As for the pings, the problem is likely due to the different ISP's. The traffic has to travel from your house to a point where the ISPs' networks are connected together, back to his house. You're at their mercy as to how far away that is and how fast the connections are in between.
ACIDSUN123
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick response.

OK cool, info received and understood.

My mate and I will keep plugging away at COD2 because aside from the lack of being able to create one's own multiplayer games its probably the best game on Xbox360 at this moment in time.

Perfect Dark Zero is'nt too bad either but the "sorta cartoonish" graphics really grate. Just MY personal opinion though. Why can't all games have the "near photo realistic" graphics like Fight Night 3 demo.

Have you seen that demo! It's awesome. Definitely a sign of things to come on the next gen consoles.

SAY GOODBYE TO TWEN CEN GEN...NEX GEN IS HERE!

Once again thanks for the heads up

Peace out Cool
[XNZ]Xassassin
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes, post in the Role Call topic to let people know that you have the system. its a sticky

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic