FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Official Kai PSP Service - USE THIS THREAD FOR DISCUSSION. View next topic
View previous topic
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]Shade wrote:
As you know, TD has resigned. Now I get the impression that this was why.
Am I right? Wink Smile.
he didn't resign (not sure if you can call it that), he just stepped down from lead.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

fair weather....that's inaccurate...and so was the story lead on xbox-scene. as in anything that is rumor and heresay, it usually is inaccurate.

im glad P explained the deal. kai is not changing, thank god! and because of that, i think EVERYBODY will want TD to succeed and get da loot. all it took was clarification to be able to root for the good guy!

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the:one-xr wrote:
fair weather....that's inaccurate...and so was the story lead on xbox-scene. as in anything that is rumor and heresay, it usually is inaccurate.

im glad P explained the deal. kai is not changing, thank god! and because of that, i think EVERYBODY will want TD to succeed and get da loot. all it took was clarification to be able to root for the good guy!

Indeed. I for one, wish him and the rest of the guys all the luck in the world.

Im sure that when the time is right, he will let us all know.

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, if it ends up being backed by sony, then they'd better pay up with a pretty penny because it might be sony's only chance to even compete with XBL. Hell, if I was TD and they didnt offer enough, I'd be like, "Hey, Biotch, I think I'll go apply at MS and work for them on the XBL project!" Laughing

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If Sony wants to do an online service, they'll do it with direct IP support in the device.. Requiring a PC to do your routing for you would be kind of a roundabout way for them to do it.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TD, send me a PSP m8 Very Happy. Thanks

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:
TD, send me a PSP m8 Very Happy. Thanks

haha, now you're getting greedy.

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good for TD and good for Sony!!!.....Sony seems to have their eye on the mod community a little closer than MS... fist their linux kit then this... I always said that if MS really wanted to do a media center properly they should have hired the XBMC team...The mod community made more progress and did cooler things with the xbox then MS did...if Sony continues to seek the help of the scene's most brilliant developers, it will be very interesting to see what happens
redwolf
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GoatNinja wrote:
I always said that if MS really wanted to do a media center properly they should have hired the XBMC team...The mod community made more progress and did cooler things with the xbox then MS did...if Sony continues to seek the help of the scene's most brilliant developers, it will be very interesting to see what happens
what, you think Microsoft cannot make anything like the XBMC? don't forget where the XBMC "idea" came from. and on Xbox360 they just restricted it, and some like for example .mov (quicktime) cannot be done due to licencing and such, another was they could of let WinXP users stream videos, but nooo, they had to be ghay Rolling Eyes . they even restricted users own image in the Gamercard. this is "why" modding exist. even case mod, i seen people colouring the X360 black, and most people hated the original been black. this is what modding is all about. forget Sony having Linux, Xbox could even run Windows if Microsoft supported it.

And Sony been crap at online, look at GT4, after like 6 months of delay cos of the online feature testing etc. they took out online support at the end, cos they had issue, but people using Kai can play "online" Cool

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope the best to TD. Corporations buying out the greatest of people. Brian Cohen now TD, who do we have left? Prestige don't give in to the corporate monster, viva la revolution.

GoatNinja
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

redwolf wrote:
GoatNinja wrote:
I always said that if MS really wanted to do a media center properly they should have hired the XBMC team...The mod community made more progress and did cooler things with the xbox then MS did...if Sony continues to seek the help of the scene's most brilliant developers, it will be very interesting to see what happens
what, you think Microsoft cannot make anything like the XBMC? don't forget where the XBMC "idea" came from. and on Xbox360 they just restricted it, and some like for example .mov (quicktime) cannot be done due to licencing and such, another was they could of let WinXP users stream videos, but nooo, they had to be ghay Rolling Eyes . they even restricted users own image in the Gamercard. this is "why" modding exist. even case mod, i seen people colouring the X360 black, and most people hated the original been black. this is what modding is all about. forget Sony having Linux, Xbox could even run Windows if Microsoft supported it.

And Sony been crap at online, look at GT4, after like 6 months of delay cos of the online feature testing etc. they took out online support at the end, cos they had issue, but people using Kai can play "online" Cool

Is this just really bad logic or ADD hehe... jk
-wiggy_diggy_poo-
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

GoatNinja wrote:
Good for TD and good for Sony!!!.....Sony seems to have their eye on the mod community a little closer than MS... fist their linux kit then this... I always said that if MS really wanted to do a media center properly they should have hired the XBMC team...The mod community made more progress and did cooler things with the xbox then MS did...if Sony continues to seek the help of the scene's most brilliant developers, it will be very interesting to see what happens

Agree, sony are more open to 3rd party developement. They started with the NetYaroze (anyone ever get one?) A PSP will always need a computer with modem to work online. Whether thats a desktop, laptop or even mobile phone (?) if a team existed that had already developed such a system, why not approach them?

I think its good for all 3 parties in this: Sony, TD and us.

The work, which itself shall become a new genre, will be called Cowboy Bebop.
[MF]Tr1pleThr34t
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish all the very best to TD, and hope he makes a shit-load of money doing what he loves and does best! Very Happy

As always, my hat goes off to you sir. Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic