FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Arenas not showing up in system link View next topic
View previous topic
pedoms
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey,
Anyone know if there is an issue of running kai on windows xp 64? I installed that and now I can't get my engine to see my xbox. I can brows through areans in xbmc and in ui but when I get into system link nothing shows up. Also, when I start up ui it says that I have a contact that is offline and I don't ever remember adding a contact. Is that supposed to be me?
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

pedoms wrote:
Hey,
Anyone know if there is an issue of running kai on windows xp 64? I installed that and now I can't get my engine to see my xbox. I can brows through areans in xbmc and in ui but when I get into system link nothing shows up. Also, when I start up ui it says that I have a contact that is offline and I don't ever remember adding a contact. Is that supposed to be me?

http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16215&highlight=x64
pedoms
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I went back to 32 bit xp and the same problem. I was wondering, when you start up ui is there an automatic contact in the members mode which is supposed to represent you? Cause I have a contact in there that says is offline but I don't ever remember adding a contact and I can't delete him. Also, when I have ui running on my pc and then i start up xbmc and connect kai the ui dissapears. what's with that?
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure why you'd have an automatic contact.. I've seen it do weird things with empty contact lists though, so maybe that's the problem. You can only have one UI running at a time, so yeah when you start XMBC it'll shut down the Windows UI.
pedoms
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back when I had it working I thought I remember that when the engine was starting up it would say that it was connected to the xbox, is that right? Because now the only message I get from the engine is the orbital sync. A while ago I remember having problems with my games not launching in xbmc and I would have to launch them from evolutionx dashboard. after some research i ended up have to delete some files in the tdata folders so that xbmc would launch them. could that have something to do with the engine not seeing my xbox?
pedoms
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I finally got it to work. the original problem was I upgraded to win xp 64bit and the engine only works for the 32bit. So after I did some research and found that out I put the engine on my laptop, which was wireless, and I got the same problem, arenas not show up in system link. Then I remembered that there are only a few wireless cards out there that will allow you to do this by monitoring all traffic on the line, I did not have one of these cards. I think orinoco is one of the few that make them. So then all I had to do was wire the laptop into the router and tada Halo blood bath. Hope this helps someone

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic