FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Trying to connect for the first time View next topic
View previous topic
Tonyintn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not too sure how to play I start it up on my pc, then go to my xbmc on the xbox and its connects, I see the list of games I goto the game then it show a list of people/rooms, go into a room and there it show a list of people now from there I am not sure what to do, on the left I do not see a join button to join into the game it just shows Add with I figure is to add the select person to your contact list, Play - I trying to start a game by clicking the play button it lunches the game but there are no people in the multiplayer rooms, just myself so I figured there must be a join button but it does not sure up... the only time I have the join button on the left side is if I add a person to my contact list then but everytime I add the person name to my contact list and I go the list it shows that person as being offline, suggestions please?
TA_Capt_America
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No one will appear on your contacts list until they add you too. Other than that it sounds like you did everything right. Try joining a game with the UI running just on your pc not on XBMC. If that doesn't work maybe you are trying to join a game that the host has a live patch, or maybe you have a live patch and the host doesn't. What game are you trying to join. Have you played that game on Live?

http://cr.chaosorder.org:8765/Butchers_Jams.m3u
Tonyintn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never played online was trying to play Halo2 and hmm cant remember the name of the other racing game I have have the midnight club I am going to try with again tonight... its just weird, or I just dont not understand how to join in playing a game
TA_Capt_America
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tonyintn wrote:
I start it up on my pc, then go to my xbmc on the xbox and its connects, I see the list of games I goto the game then it show a list of people/rooms, go into a room and there it show a list of people now from there I am not sure what to do, Play - I trying to start a game by clicking the play button it lunches the game but there are no people in the multiplayer rooms, just myself

What you have done there is right. If you have a firewall you might need to turn it off to actually see the game. If the host has a Live patch you will not be able to see the game. There are quite a few games that have live patches. I am not a big Halo guy so I am not sure about that, but I know that Forza, and Project Gotham both have live patches that several people that host on Kai have. So you are doing everything right as far as Kai goes. Check your firewall, and try to chat with people playing in the arena you want to play in and see if they are playing with a live patch.

http://cr.chaosorder.org:8765/Butchers_Jams.m3u
Tonyintn
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for your help I will do some searching about what it live patching, and check my firewall

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic