FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter View next topic
View previous topic
SMaC@TOWELIE-
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having trouble getting systemlink co-op to work ..and i dont mean co-op battle(terroist hunt) I completed maps or missions 1 and 2 last night so i could try the co-op featyre out with my mates..You go through setting the game up for co-op for it to say game paused and only give you the option then to go on live not system link..Now what the hells all that about i tell you..So far for system link is either sharpe shooter ot team shooter and co-op battle but thats just for two ppl..

has anybody else had this trouble trying to get the missions to work on system link co-op? I would be intrested to know..
TwoCents
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We got mission to work, max 2 players though it seems. For the first map anyway. Very odd.

Both players need to explicitely start the game. If the 2nd person (who isn't hosting) does that, he will see the waiting message. If person hosting then starts the game all works out fine.
But... even with just 2 players game is laggy. Like having a fierce wind against you, heavy walking. Even after the chopper left Razz

Other game types work fine with at least 5 players. No lag whatsoever. We will try the 2nd mission once it has been unlocked in single player. Hopefully more players can join in coop mission there, or this will be a let down.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya 2 player co-op, wtf .. hopefully later levels allow for more , let us know .. i'm not a fan of this game but i may play it if more of us can co-op..

they wrecked ghost recon, ya i said it , ghost recon is dead to me .. (on the xbox, haven't played 360) .. back to summit strike .. actually more like black arrow as this game more reminds me of that than a REAL ghost recon game ..

lets see how bad ubisoft can mess up the next couple games, critical hour and farcry .. both are due for this "futuristic, crap all over the screen garbage" .. i mean really, do i need to see my own ass while my teammates follow me or a big skull in the corner for no reason , and green lines down the side .. this game is lockdown with the name changed ..

edit: ya and the lag, its not network lag, its this game is horribly designed lag , i was playing with my friend who lives down the road from me and has a 15ms ping to me and we lag in this game , junk...

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Last edited by [tHc]hicaow on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The 360 version doesn't have the lag problems and if you have the bandwidth you can play 16-player coop, but it still plays like Rainbow Six.
xboxgeek
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MeanMF wrote:
but it still plays like Rainbow Six.

Just picked up my copy. If it does play like BA that may not be a bad thing (for me). It may just be what Letdown should have been.

pixeldotz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah. this is starting to really nag the crap out of me. the framelag (think halflife 2 on xbox) crappy texturing with severe frame drop. just turning from side to side you can notice the framedrop. and all the crap all over the HUD. very unattractive.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what about single player?

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
What have they done, another RB6! f**k

Quote:
yeah. this is starting to really nag the crap out of me. the framelag (think halflife 2 on xbox) crappy texturing with severe frame drop. just turning from side to side you can notice the framedrop. and all the crap all over the HUD. very unattractive.

I agree. Almost everything in this game is wrong plus I find the game takes too much time to load, and u HAVE to load a lot if u want to change gametypes!

Shit i'm going back to summit strike.

Last edited by xTin_Pu on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TwoCents
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dy-namo wrote:
what about single player?

Single player is pretty good actually. Just finished the first 2 maps, but it's intense gaming already.

We've played Strike Support on XLink Kai now a few times. Quite good, night vision and heat sensing are great. I'd prefer co-op mission, but squad-type games are oke once in a while.
Turns out the 2nd and 4th map also have max 2 players in coop missing though. Looks like this wil be the max # of players in mission for all maps in System Link. Evil or Very Mad

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not bad at all peps...
After 5 missions i guess i can get a medal ( the game is real hard )
Nigth vision coms in handy in the 5 mission till then its just a button to play with .
The graphics are defntly are pushing the limit

nothing like the old GR that we know...
and its not for good ...

didnt gone online . will do will do.

game on .

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic