FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need help with gettin my LAN connection going... View next topic
View previous topic
The_Spartan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a broadband recently to replace the modem which didnt work.

I put the rj45 cable in to the broadband and then put it into the modem which computers use. (Not the gamecube modem) And then i put a different cable in from the modem to the phone connection socket which then goes into the wall.

Thats how i connect it up.

After that i click LAN mode on the title screen on Mario K DD.
It connects to LAN mode but then it says searching for gamecube systems. (Some thing like that.) After that count down from 180 ends it says i have a linking error. I dont get it can some one help me please.

Thanks.
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Spartan wrote:
I got a broadband recently to replace the modem which didnt work.

I put the rj45 cable in to the broadband and then put it into the modem which computers use. (Not the gamecube modem) And then i put a different cable in from the modem to the phone connection socket which then goes into the wall.

Thats how i connect it up.

After that i click LAN mode on the title screen on Mario K DD.
It connects to LAN mode but then it says searching for gamecube systems. (Some thing like that.) After that count down from 180 ends it says i have a linking error. I dont get it can some one help me please.

Thanks.

Wow. Does anyone else get annoyed when n00bs don't bother to read any documentation, like, oh, I don't know, maybe the link at the top of the site called "HELP"? And then they post on the forums asking questions that are answered explicitly in the Quick-Start Guide? Isn't it just common courtesy to look through the documentation for a program before you go asking questions about it on the forums? Oh, yeah, I forgot, laziness is obviously more important than following common courtesy. Yeah, that must be it. More evidence that the world's average IQ is dropping at a significant rate. And people wonder why I have no faith in humanity surviving another 150 years.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
The_Spartan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok then what ever suits you, but there is no need for that reply. If you knew you might as well of just told me the solution at the same time.
biolizard89
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The_Spartan wrote:
Ok then what ever suits you, but there is no need for that reply. If you knew you might as well of just told me the solution at the same time.

1. Read the freaking documentation. It's at the top of the site, under "HELP." No one will help you if you are too lazy to do this.
2. Stop spamming other threads like the GCARS-CS thread. This has nothing to do with GCARS-CS, so don't waste the time of people reading that thread.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic