FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Press play in a halo2 arena and mimesis v2 loads up... View next topic
View previous topic
5nak3
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey there, got xbmc running kai, no problems there i can join games and play games, again no problem there.

My problem is when i want to change arena. For instance i enter an arena in halo2 play for a bit and then get bored and wish to change arena, is there anyway to do this other than rebooting my xbox. Up till now the only way i can find to change arena is to eject the disc, reboot xbmc (both triggers, back and start) and then finding a new arena, reload halo2 sign in etc etc...

Sometimes i might have to enter 3 or 4 games before i find a good one, and i dont want to reboot the xbox multiple times, as it is annoying...also i am a bit concerned that it does no good to the xbox

So does anyone know of a way to aviod all this, or is this the only way to change arenas.

Also one other thing, if i do an in game reset and dont eject the tray instead of booting to xbmc the xbox boots straight into the game, is there someway to stopping thing. I have de-selected autolaunch xbox games but it had no effect Confused

Ok well thanks in advance Smile Confused

Last edited by 5nak3 on Mon May 08, 2006 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TA_Capt_America
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You must go back to the kai UI to change arenas. If you wish not to reboot you can just fire up the Kai UI on your pc instead. I don't believe however that resetting your Xbox causes any damage. I do it all the time and have never had any problems out of my 3 boxes. As for your problems with the auto launch I don't understand why that isn't working. Have you tried a different build of XBMC?

http://cr.chaosorder.org:8765/Butchers_Jams.m3u
5nak3
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok thanks for the quick reply....well i changed build (i think mine was a fair few months old) and i sorted the reset problem....but now something else has happened.

Whenever i press play from the kai UI menu instead of loading halo 2, it loads mimesis....and well thats not a good thing.

Anyone know what is wrong?
TA_Capt_America
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://texas.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19103

Check that thread. They are discussing that problem. Maybe someone there knows the answer to your game launch problem. I am not too famaliar with that problem.

http://cr.chaosorder.org:8765/Butchers_Jams.m3u
xjustsumloserx
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the EXACT same problem and it seems no one knows the answer to this Sad

I click launch game (its the disk not on my HD) and it loads up mimesis. anyone ever figure thsi out?
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
5nak3
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah mine loads from the disc as well since i saw no point in uploading halo2 onto the hdd...however i think i may have a solution. I dont know if this is actually the problem but i noticed that the icon for the halo2.xbe and mimesis.xbe are identical, maybe the xbox check hdd first and when it runs into the mimesis.xbe icon it loads that.

I doubt this is the problem simply becasue each xbe has its own key doesn't it? but it is the only explaination i can think of.

Also i found if u join ur arena that you want to join...go back to the XBMC homepage u can just press the little arrow on the bottom of the screen to launch halo 2 and u'll have that arena available to play once u get into the lobby.

Oh and before i forget before i upgraded to the t3ch build i didn't have this problem so maybe its just the t3ch build that does that. However as stated previously in this topic my previous xbmc build was a number of months old.
5nak3
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK i done some reasearch, i hosted a game of outrun2006 all done through the XBMC dash....and when i pressed play from the kai UI menu on the dash it actually loaded the game perfectly (this was off a disc).

This has actually given me i believe some evidence to prove my theory that when u press play the UI looks for the defaul.xbe icons rather than the xbe key....so erm anyone know what to do?

I might label the mimesis xbe, mimesis.xbe and see what happens. However if i did this then i wont be able to access mimesis through the app's menu as the xbox will not recognise mimesis.xbe...

will post later with update.
5nak3
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

righto solved it. From what i gather when you press play the in the XBMC menu kai looks at the icon for each xbe (starting with HDD). Mimesis being located on HDD with the halo 2 icon is what XBMC finds first and so load that.

In order to be able to play the game off ur disc when you press play, go to
'my files'->'E:/'-> 'Apps'->'Mimesis'-> find default.xbe press your white button rename that to mimesis.xbe and your ready to go. Obviously change the paths i mentioned to suit ur xbox.

By doing this however one slight problem is that the xbox does not recognise mimesis.xbe and as such if you want to load up mimesis then you will have to go my files-> E:/->Apps->Mimesis->Mimesis.xbe
However since i hardly use mimesis not a big issue for me. *NOTE* with the 06.06.06 tech build and the MC360 skin you do not have to go through all the files and folders as the dash now recognises mimesis as an app...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic