FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Netgear wireless bridge works OK, Asus bridge does not View next topic
View previous topic
dclayw
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My xbox is connected to my local network via a Netgear WGE101 wireless bridge. I have never had any problems using Kai with this setup. I recently purchased a Topfield PVR which can be connected to the network via USB. So I purchased an Asus WL-500g Deluxe wireless router (which has 2 USB ports in addtion to 4 lan ports) and have that running as a wireless bridge (replacing my Netgear bridge). My Topfield PVR and the xbox are now connected to the Asus wireless bridge. Everything works perfectly with this setup, except Kai.

I also use my xbox as a media centre (xbmc) for streaming video, music etc from my PC to my TV/sound system via the xbox. This all works perfectly with the Asus bridge. But I can't get Kai to work with this setup. Network is reachable but the console is not detected. Other then replacing the Netgear bridge with the Asus bridge I have made no other changes. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work with the Asus bridge. I tried MAC address translation but this does not make any difference, (I did not need MAC address translation with my Netgear bridge). Looking for suggestions on how to get this to work or if anyone else has any experience using the Asus WL-500g Deluxe wireless router (operating as a bridge) with Kai. Ofcourse I can just run with 2 bridges, one connected to my PVR and one to the xbox, but that is a bit of overkill when one bridge should do it all. Besides, I have another use for my Netgear bridge.

Thanks
Dave

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic