FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 UCLA Student Tasered View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Amen, brother! I'm sick of so many people getting away with such in America. Especially with each major city watching its crime rates peak.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Crime rates peaking have nothing to do with people getting away with stuff. The only reason crime rates are higher in America is because of how our news always depicts everything of being so violent.

There is nothing but violence in the news in CT, and pretty much everywhere else in America, yet I for one hardly see any. Bowling for Columbine is a perfect example of this.

[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Crime rates peaking have nothing to do with news broadcasts. It's all statistics, that's why we've all been seeing more and more on the news. Police let criminals get away with too much and so does our judicial system.

For instance, are you aware that most people booked on charges for attempted lude acts with a minor face only a slap on the wrist and are back on the streets within a day or two? That's sick! They're out preying on our kids the next day. Not to mention that if you murder some one because you were drinking and driving you get an easily reduced sentence for pleading such in court.

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

BroKenMan-Redsku wrote:
Crime rates peaking have nothing to do with people getting away with stuff. The only reason crime rates are higher in America is because of how our news always depicts everything of being so violent.

There is nothing but violence in the news in CT, and pretty much everywhere else in America, yet I for one hardly see any. Bowling for Columbine is a perfect example of this.

See, i agree with broken here. Alot of the time Newspeople overjuice what really happened. They also tend to always report the bad, and a miniscule portion of the good. In this world in this age, Violence, Tragedy, and all that comes with that, Unfortunately sells. There not going to report about the happy, when they can get ratings from reporting the bad. All this clouds the good from out view, and makes us think that the world is such a horrible place. Yes, it does have a fair amount of bad, but nobody even tries to focus on the good. We live in a pessimistic world. Philadelphia is starting to be made out as the up and coming murder capital of the world, one murder per day. They try and make the entire city out to be a hellhole. yet in my area, i see nothing. just peace. Not saying these things dont happen, belive me im not sheltered, but i mean c'mon now, its not as bad as people make it out to be.

[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and thats just till 2002!

Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah crime rates have definitely increased, but hey what did we expect?
- Parents aren't doing their jobs, and kids are not making the right decisions as a result.
- The media, TV, advertisements are subjecting young children to sex, violence, drugs, etc.
- A young child's brain is not developed fully, and depending on the age, it is difficult for the child to understand what is right and what is wrong. Children are constantly subjected to the wrong, and it makes them think that it is ok to do it.
- Now you say, well they do not have to be subjected to it...and you are RIGHT!! but who is gonna stop them? the parents, right again!! and from living in today's society and paying attention to all of these things, i know that parents are slacking off on the job. Why? well that is what i am trying to figure out, cuz it seems to have happened over time.
- this kid who got tasered did not know not to mess with the cops. Am i blaming this totally on his parents? no...it was his fault, and he had to learn the lesson the hard way. Sometimes parents actually do a great job parenting and the child still turns out bad. I don't know his background, but i do know that he did something wrong and received the consequence.
- The point i am tryin to make here is that it is very important in life to have a higher authority to guide you and help you make the right decisions
- that is what the cops are here for, and so we should respect what they do...unless they get out of hand, which in my opinion, this time they did not Wink

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
[MF]superman
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this from the "About Me" section on this kid's facebook:

Quote:
"i like to take simple problems and find the most difficult way to do them. i have a talent, what can i say.
i am currently having a early life crisis. i cant seem to make decisions. it'll pass, i hope. i need to play soccer, when i dont i become another person. its like Dr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, weird i know."

Looks like a trouble maker to me.......

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[MF]superman wrote:

and thats just till 2002!

I'd like to see what the per capita numbers are like. Most states experienced a population growth within the same period (FMI: http://geography.about.com/library/weekly/aa011203a.htm). Nevada, alone, had an 8.8% growth. It stands to reason that if in 100 people 10 are violent offenders, then in 1000 people, 100 will be violent offenders. That's just basic statistical averaging.

-p

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

True, doesnt say the seriousness of the crimes neither.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic