FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Need support on Linksys WRT54G v4 or GL? View next topic
View previous topic
Poll :: Need support on Linksys WRT54G v4 or GL?

I've a V4 or GL and I need a custom firmware to play PSP over Kai
76%
 76%  [ 36 ]
I'm planning to get a new WRT54G and will like to use it with PSP & Kai
23%
 23%  [ 11 ]
I've a V4 or GL, but don't care anything about custom firmware
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 47

AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a few PMs asking if I can support the above models. I just want to make a poll and see what the demands are. If there are many of you own this model, I may try to do something about it, but this is not a promise yet.
des11
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im not going to vote because i have a wrt54g with the latest firmware. i may vote one because of all of the people with those routers.
InTheZoneAC
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

des what are you trying to say, please? you're not going to vote because you have the latest firmware, well so do I, what are you getting at?
Galaxian
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to see your firmware support the WRT54GL, let me know if I can lend a programming hand
omnior
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would definitely appreciate a firmware support for the GL version. I bought the router just for playing with my PSP online but finally realized that it's not possible... Crying or Very sad
..Still in hope
Bliss1422
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

omnior wrote:
I would definitely appreciate a firmware support for the GL version. I bought the router just for playing with my PSP online but finally realized that it's not possible... Crying or Very sad
..Still in hope

Exactly Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil but I have a WRT54G v4 Mr. Green
eeriepsycho
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bliss1422 wrote:

Exactly Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil but I have a WRT54G v4 Mr. Green

me too Sad
des11
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

InTheZoneAC wrote:
des what are you trying to say, please? you're not going to vote because you have the latest firmware, well so do I, what are you getting at?

what im saying is that i dont have the GL version so there is no need to vote.
Krevnik
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well the thing I see is that if AhMan is willing to do the work, and get it running on the v4/GL, we /should/ have a pretty solid base for quite awhile. It seems that the GL only exists because people wanted the WRT for the Linux base and the tweaking you could do, and Linksys is appeasing the hobbyist market. I don't see a huge reason for them to muck with the GL's internals all that much.

TheFallenAngel-X
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a V5 WRT and would that work be even harder to do?
MeanMF
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheFallenAngel-X wrote:
I have a V5 WRT and would that work be even harder to do?

The V5 will never be supported because it can't run Linux.
TheFallenAngel-X
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well isn't that just wonderful >_> there goes my chances of xlink
AhMan
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry guys, it seems the demand for the firmware is a lot less than my anticipation and I've decided not to proceed with the porting. Another reason is I now spent all my spare time in working on an iR Shell for PSP. Details can be found here http://www.ahman.co.nr
XxJustBlazexX
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I've seen the specs on the iR Shell and I'm pretty impressed. Despite refusing to downgrade to 1.5 so I can still play Socom, I'll be looking forward to more updates on your progress.
Bliss1422
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*tear*
verence
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Aw thats a bummer! The demand for the firmware on newer version routers will grow in time though.

For me it's impossible to get a router thats currently supported by the custom firmware. They are simply not sold anymore because they are all quite old.

The only options I have are getting a WRT54G v5 (wich I did, but I'm going to return it since Linksys has drasticly modified the hard/software.. I don't think it's even legal to still call it a WRT54G) or a WRT54GL wich I'm going to get now since it has all the potential of being a great router for custom firmware and toys.

Anyways, I'm not really sure on what has to be done (the way I see it, you just have to get xlink working on the custom firmware that floats among the net but I don't know how hard that is and maybe I'm way off) but I'm sure the demand for it will grow. I've got some programming skills and willing to give it a shot, just have to figure out on how things work since I'm not really into the firmware stuff yet. But eager to learn since it all sounds quite interesting.

Well I hope someday you'll find the motivation and joy in getting the firmware to work on later version routers, but since it's all in free time and stuff don't make it feel like work Razz In the meantime, I'm going to try and figure out what you've done for the current firmware to run and see if I can get anywhere without blowing up too many routers Razz
an3esh
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

please make the firmware for WRT54GL....pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Firefrost
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry to diiging up old topics but please AHMAN, i beg you to help us with a portage Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
If you just have some little spare time Rolling Eyes , it would be really wonderfull Very Happy , and we will be very thanksfull!

I know the poll didn't get very many vote but just reconsidere please, plusl, in order to vote, you have to be registered in Xlink kai, and only people who knows they can play or use kai might register on this site.
Personnaly, i just register to answer a question and post one, which by the way conern the WRT54GL, then i saw this poll which gave me great hope but by scolling down, it all vanished Crying or Very sad .

I really hope you will just reconsidere, they might be much more people interrest with a portage if they knew it exist, and also, open new choices for those who wishes to buy a new router, since the GL is now in the market for good time.

Moreover, i saw you released your final version of ir shell witch i heard was great, i'll test it for sure. So if you have any time to granted us... Rolling Eyes

I'll understand if don't, you already did a great job, and if anyone might take the heritage with AHMAN ok it would be great.
So thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post.
Himo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wow I've been around xlink for a while and never noticed the mastermind behind the custom firmware was irshell's ahman himself. I recently upgraded my router to a GL and thought it may be compatible but to no avail. I see now why it never came to be. irshell is one crazy app.
Yappadappadu
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Himo wrote:
wow I've been around xlink for a while and never noticed the mastermind behind the custom firmware was irshell's ahman himself. I recently upgraded my router to a GL and thought it may be compatible but to no avail. I see now why it never came to be. irshell is one crazy app.

Ah, that's too bad then. Guess I don't even need to try installing AhMans firmware. I just got my WRT54GL (v 1.1) router. One reason why I chose this router, was to try out playing some PSP online. I assumed (wrongly of course), that it would work with that one. I didn't even think about different hardware revisions support. Since I bought it online, I could probably just send it back and try to get ahold of one of those older WRT54G routers. Oh well.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic