FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC no games in vsita or xp. View next topic
View previous topic
BlueDingo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi, im a bit of a noobie here, ive used xbox connect before and it was great, and ive modded my box and installed xbmc, in vista and xp, ive set all the right settings (in xp ive shut zonealarm down but i havent done anything to onecare in vista) port 30000, dashboard yada yada ect.

in xbmc, i can login, see the game but when i luanch and go to system link, in can't see any games, so i went to the diagnostics tool in xlink and its come up with this:

any recondmendations?

my setup is ive got a cnet router connected to my xbox with a normal RJ45 cable and my pc has got a ralink rt73 network card
TwoCents
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I took the liberty of editing your screenshot, since it had your public ip address in it Wink

Please have a good read through this forum, you'll see that one of the recommendations is to first run both the XLink Kai Engine and the UI on the computer and just use XBMC (on the xbox) to start the actual game (through My Programs > Games). Don't use the XLink Kai UI within XBMC right away.

Next check for any firewall running on the pc (you mentioned OneCare). Shut that down and (re)start XLink Kai to see if that caused the problem. Again, best to read the rest of the forum for tips like these.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[PFL]TwoCents wrote:
I took the liberty of editing your screenshot, since it had your public ip address in it Wink

Please have a good read through this forum, you'll see that one of the recommendations is to first run both the XLink Kai Engine and the UI on the computer and just use XBMC (on the xbox) to start the actual game (through My Programs > Games). Don't use the XLink Kai UI within XBMC right away.

Next check for any firewall running on the pc (you mentioned OneCare). Shut that down and (re)start XLink Kai to see if that caused the problem. Again, best to read the rest of the forum for tips like these.

oh, thanks for that! Very Happy i have had a good read through the forum, but i havent tried hooking it up to my pc yet. i don't know how to shut down onecare but ill foolarround and see wat comes up.
BlueDingo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[PFL]TwoCents wrote:

ok, i connected it to my pc in xp, after trial and error i fiannly managed to view games in xbmc and join/play. so i brought it back downstairs, connected it to my wireless router, signed in, check on my pc, came up with 'kai ui attached' and when i launched halo 2 , there were not any games. Mad

is it my wireless card or router that's screwing me over?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic