FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Finding Games through AVALaunch View next topic
View previous topic
JMAPUK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here goes my first bit of online help is needed. Hello to all by the way
I curently am running Kai VII on my PC I have internet access through an ADSL modem and 1 NIC connected to my X-Box via a Cross-Over cable I have configured Kai and can ping my X-box via my pc, the problem I am having is using my xbox to find games online through Avalaunch (is this possible????) as i hate going back and forth to the PC to connect to arena's, also when i power on my x-box it brings up a message saying that Kai has successfully logged in and there are ## kai users online

Thanks
[MF]mkjones
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JMAPUK wrote:
Here goes my first bit of online help is needed. Hello to all by the way
I curently am running Kai VII on my PC I have internet access through an ADSL modem and 1 NIC connected to my X-Box via a Cross-Over cable I have configured Kai and can ping my X-box via my pc, the problem I am having is using my xbox to find games online through Avalaunch (is this possible????) as i hate going back and forth to the PC to connect to arena's, also when i power on my x-box it brings up a message saying that Kai has successfully logged in and there are ## kai users online

Thanks

Yes Smile I do this its great

All you need to do is select a game on your HD that has sys link and you are told how many users are playing and it puts you into the right "room" for the game.

OR if you are using CD simply select the CD and press start, then go to the "Xlink Arena" option and use the triggers and the X pad to select the right room Wink

FPS: XIII - Halo (1&2) - UC - R63(BA) - TS2 - SO:RM - Wolfenstien
DRV: Midtown 3 - OutRun 2 - FlatOut
3PS: MA - SW:BF
SPT: Links 2004 - TopSpin - Amped 2
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
CubFan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New question on this topic....didn't want to start a new thread:

What exactly doing wrong in Ava to launch KAI? First I go to Settings>Network Settings and click on XLINK KAI (or whatever, i forget exactly how to get there...) and it always says KAI is connected, then a long sentence of text comes up, which i can't read because it's half off my screen!

Anyway, I load a game, go to System Link, and nothing...I've never been able to find a game...or anything for that matter (no arena menus or anything, no ## of players like you describe...)

I know i need to set the KAI configuration to "Engine Only (dashboard use..)" or whatever, and i did that...

btw... KAI works fine from my computer...

and finally, is there a way to configure KAI so it can be run from BOTH Ava and the computer without having to switch the configuration each time?...

fyi...not sure if this matters, but Avalaunch is not my default dash, i load it from Evox (Slayer's screen) when i'm trying to access KAI...

ok...so i guess it was more than one ?...
SS-CybrPunk
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First thing to check if you are having problems with seeing your Xbox is whether or not users in the arena chat can see your ping. Ask people in chat if they see you or if it just says establishing. If people cannot see your ping, your problem is most likely with either port forwarding or Winpcap. If you haven't setup any port forwards, then see the next step. If you have, make sure that the IP address you are forwarding to is the one used for your computer running Kai and not the Xbox. Also be sure that you've entered a port into the kai config utility to match the one you forwarded on the router. If this does not help, I suggest downloaded version 3.0 of winpcap from http://winpcap.polito.it - many users have had better results using that vesion.

If my suggestions don't help, there's a basic guide of things to try HERE. Run through that list of basic troubleshooting steps and post the results here. If all else fails, give us a short amount of time to finish beta testing the new WINPCAP-LESS kai and that should resolve the problems of most users.

As for configuring the engine, what I've done is setup my engine to never close the engine and accept UI connections from any IP address. I also created a shortcut on my desktop direct to KaiUI.exe which allows me to just launch the UI in the event the engine is still running. Whether or not you want to uncheck to start the UI on startup is completely up to you. Just be aware that if you have the PC UI open and Ava connects to the engine on startup it will force the UI on the PC to close - and it will do this continually as long as you are at the dashboard and connected to the Kai engine (meaning that re-opening the UI before launching a game is futile).
JMAPUK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I can now see people through XBMC and i can see there ping response but when i boot up a game from dvd and go into sys link it never finds any games .....what am i doing wrong .... also i have noticed that when i launch kai from the pc and try and look at the arenas the kai window closes have'nt got a clue why it do that any help would be nice:-) and last but not least i have opened port 30000 on my firewall
SS-CybrPunk
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being able to browse arenas and chat are not a sufficient test to ensure that it is working properly. I appreciate and understand that you can get that far, but, in the infamous words of GI Joe, that's only half the battle. Check on the ping issues I mentioned, check your kai config setup and if all else fails try uninstalling the Winpcap version you currently have and install version 3.0 from the website I provided. This solves most of the problems we encounter here.
JMAPUK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have tried installing the latest winpcap well version 3.0 but while installing windows told be that the version i was installing was older than the one that i currently have on my system, should i go to 3.0a ????? and would this be the reason as to why kai will not keep the messenger like window open??? thanks
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you set your Kai config to use the Xbox for Engine only?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah i cannot remember exactly but i think it was is it that, that i need to change to be able to select arenas on the pc??
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have not used Ava to do this, I just know that setting needs to be selected. You should also be able to play from the PC but I am not sure you will see the app if that option is selected.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

so let me get this right 1st off

1) load up the kai engine (putting little icon in sys tay on pc
2) power up xbox (says that it has logged into kai ok)
3) load XBMC > programs > start kai
4) i can see arenas and can get peoples ping responses
5) go into arena put in game disk, when loaded go to syslink and play

the problem is , is that people are telling me that i need to see if i can see my own xbox on the pc which i cannot do as the kai program loads opens a window stays there for about 5 seconds and then closes (the icon is still in the sys tray though. and am at home now so should i try d/ling the winpcap 3.0a file? and is this why the kai messager window thingy keeps closing? thanks again
JMAPUK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok here goes

xbox config is

ip 192.168.0.3
sub 255.255.255.0
gw 192.168.0.1

xbox nic card in pc

ip 192.168.0.1
sub 255.255.255.0
gw (BLANK)

i can ping the xbox from the pc, but when starting kai and click on the kai performance icon nothing happens it says that kai is online but it doesn't see by xbox, i have also opened ports 30000 on the firewall and have also tried turning firewall off to see if that help and it doesn't so can anyone tell me where i have gone wrong.......
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Before you do this, does the application work on the PC? Can you play games on Kai? If this works, your XMBC should work when you change the Kai config to use the engine.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok...i'm starting to get slightly confused...

Do I have to use XBMC to use Kai, or JUST Ava? After loading Ava, linking to KAI, THEN I have to go into XBMC??

I guess i originally thought it was an EITHER/OR thing...That I could launch Kai from XBMC OR I could launch it from Ava...Please someone set me straight...
JMAPUK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok Guyz

when on xbox and i use XBMC > kai start i can see arenas and i can see various people in the arenas but i cannot join, when on pc and i start the engine and select the normal kai use in the kai configuration tool when i selct start kai and i choose the perform option the round green circle thingy does go around and it looks like it just freezes (it doesn't bring up xbox) i can ping xbox from pc and ftp to it hope this helps
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's make this real simple. You will not be able to play on Xlink Kai if the application i.e. Kai is not working on the computer you use to connect.

Before connecting with Ava or XBMC please do the following.

From your computer
1 Click start
2 Programs
3 Xlink Kai
4 Config tool
5 Default Profiles, set it to "Normal Kai use"
6 Click done.
7 Back to Start
8 Now Program files again
9 Click Xlink Kai
10 Click Start Kai and log in.

Report back if you can play this way. You must also have your Xbox in system link mode from the game you are trying to play.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CHECK...I can play games in KAI this way...

Now I'm heading over to AVALAUNCH...
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kewl, good luck!

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok...still having problems with this...

My KAI is configured in "Normal KAI Use" mode...
Close Engine After: Never
Accept UI Conns: Any IP
KAI Port: 30000...forwarded in my router.

I can run KAI from my computer, connect to a sys link game, and play...all fine.

NOW...trying to connect via Avalaunch is where i have questions. I launch AVA, go to Settings>Network>Click on KAI>Conncect to KAI Engine

It says it connects successfully, then something along the lines of "You can play games from here or blah blah" (i cant read all of this b/c it trails off my screen on either end...?)...

My question is...what am i suppose to do from here??? I don't see any KAI menus/icons or anything. I load a sys link game, but nothing...can't find anything. Am I suppose to edit some .ini/.xml file or something?...I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong...but i'm starting to feel real stupid....

Question
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well man, it sounds as if Kai is working fine and your problem is with Ava. And I am sure you are supposed to have the Kai configured as engine only or something like that when running Kai from a remote machine. You will have to search for that one though. Good luck!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic