FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Safe host? How bout Unsafe host? (Killer22344) View next topic
View previous topic
-|JamCliche|-
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "TS" clan guys, xTSxKiller and xTSxVCR, knowing that the host can only hold 2 people besides himself, will play a team slayer game and lag whenever two or more people join. It forces you into a 2v1 conflict, and they only insult you and call you a noob no matter how bad they play Halo. -llnk- can vouche for this, I saw him in the arena playing a bit himself until I came in and the game lagged like a bad CAT cable.

It's not technically modding, but it is a form of cheating and making the game unfair. Should people like these -un-safehosts be allowed to even make arenas? If it's not an option already on Kai or One, I suggest X1 give the mods an ability to restrict a player's hosting privilege, so incidents like this don't occur.

P.S. This wasn't just a misunderstanding. They literally spouted out how they said "We don't care if you lag, it's your problem, not ours" and other nonsense.
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simple fix dont play in there room. And its there problem for trying to host halo 2 on 56k. Its not a form of cheating. Just dont play in there room.
-|JamCliche|-
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(LG)-Mortj109- wrote:
Simple fix dont play in there room. And its there problem for trying to host halo 2 on 56k. Its not a form of cheating. Just dont play in there room.

I understand that, but they completely understand the problem. They've banned two of my tags from the room for suggesting that I let one of my guys host. They intentionally wanted to take people on 2v1. Besides, if people mod, especially the host, it disturbs the gameplay of other people. The solution there isn't "just don't play in their arena" is it?

Alas, I'll let it go. After all, it's only single people that can play them, so it doesn't disturb any body, except people who go in, and only once, maybe twice. They have the perfectly fine choice to leave.
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok heres a better plan of action next time it happens come find me ill have a word with them.
FJGamer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate lag. One minute, a game is only 8 players strong, next, it's 12 players lagging back into respawn locations and getting sniped.

Still, I know xTSxVCR, and he was a nice guy when I talked with him. If you don't like how he plays, don't join his room. Better yet, host your own room. I would have enjoyed a 2v1 match, even if I was on the losing side. I'd just leave if I started lagging severely.

In all honesty, I'm prone to random disconnections due to a usb driver issue on my computer. Yes, wirelessness. I love it and I hate it. Sorry for going off topic.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic