FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Might not be as active for awhile View next topic
View previous topic
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I may not be as active as I usually am for awhile. I've just found out my mom has cancer and I'm really stressed out not to mention i have College finals all this week and next. I wont be totally inactive but i wont be around as much as always. Im still remaining on the XLink Crew I don't think I could give that up. But just informing you all about it.

-Morty.
[MF]quietRIOT
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn dude...Dont know what to say. sorry to hear of this. Your family will be in my thoughts and you know im here if you need ANYTHING bro. Stay strong man, Keep your head up. She'll be alright man.

Last edited by [MF]quietRIOT on Wed May 09, 2007 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
-|iTs|-Bk_BLeSS
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry to hear about that mort i know how u fell bro she will just fine
[1up]MstrGmr200
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mort, I'm so sorry to hear this had to happen. College finals are stressfull enough without finding out your mom has cancer Crying or Very sad I'll do my best to keep kai in order.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Keep strong man, and remember, you'll make it through it. Just stay strong, and believe in yourself and the doctors, and be there as much as you can for your mom. College finals suck, believe me I got two coming up. Hopefully they will be a breeze though.
-|iTs|-UrADink
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mortimer, believe me when i say, i know how you feel....my wife's father has cancer, and trust me, it is NOT an easy road. There are days where you're gonna feel helpless, powerless to help her in the search for a cure, or at least treatment. But you've gotta remember, God does these things for a reason, and although it may not seem just or fair, there is something behind it that will be in the best for the long run. I was really young when i asked someone once, why does God let bad things happen to people? And they told me, so that it will bring them closer to Him. Remember, He is the one you should look to not only in this trying time, but in all times. Hope all gets well.....

Jon
-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Im kinda at a lack of words now because everyone knows how much your on kai, but this kinda thing constitutes special treatment, im sorry about that news and I hope things go well and hope that its treatable cancer at least or at best its a mess up on the tests. I remember when my neighbors husband died of cancer, it really effected everyone here and i hope you don't have to go through the same personal tragedy. Its kinda hard to believe Surprised
[AS]-[T1GG3R5689]
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh man,
im sorry to hear this Mortj.
As you can see, all of our Kai community sends our prayers and
best wishes for you and your family. Im just telling you this: no matter
what happens, keep your chin up and let the best and worst come.
Sometimes things happen for a reason, just understand that it'll all be fine.

Take it easy man,
-T1GG3R
KuRdeeeeZy
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my condolences to you and your family. Hope all is better soon.

-Kurd
llnk
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

damn that sucks morty. Ive been in the same boat, keep strong man.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear this Mort i just remembered when my uncle had lung cancer I really loved him he passed away just going to my uncle funeral made me sad
knowing my whole family was there crying i hope everything goes well best of luck to you man its a hard thing to go through id know

- LG-FriedRice
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That's really sad news, MortJ. I don't know what sort of cancer she has been diagnosed with but this is not like the 70's when I lost my grandmother to the disease--there are treatments and there are successes! My wife and I have a dear friend who battled a very aggressive cancer for years and with constant vigilance it has gone into remission for over a year now. Treatment is tough... be there for her. She's in our thoughts.

-prestige

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

P is absolutely right there are many success stories with cancer these days.

I have two friends (one female 27, one guy 45) both of whom have been diagnosed with cancer (breast and testicular), and both of whom came out the other end of their treatments with all the clear. So far no remission for 18 months and almost 3 years respectively).

They both agreed that chemo is really, really tough, the body really takes quite a beating during it.

She'll need all the support you can give her, so keep your chin up, read up on the treatments as much as possible but most importantly maintain an optimistic outlook.

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mortj, i know from the first hand (my father) what, cancern do. One advice i have for you: Be strong. The only thing i believe now she thoughts, is your finals. Prrove her you are strong and make her happy bringing her THE BEST results.

I'm not saying I'm sorry (I wont to anybody, only to pathetic people) I'm only saying have faith and I'm with you.

/Alex

Video Master
Video Master

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sad news indeed. Try getting your mom some herbal medicine from Peru, I believe its called maleluca but I think thats the wrong name. If the cancer is in the early stages, this herbal medicine can do wonders.

Also...

Triptolide is derived from a Chinese medicinal herb, named Lei Gong Teng, which has been used in traditional medicine to treat cancer, inflammation, and auto-immune diseases and, more recently, also has been tested in Phase I clinical ...

Good luck.

xr8d.net
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Word I think that Chinese tea is what my friend was taking alongside the other treatments, it cant do any harm.

Team XLink Baker
Team XLink Baker

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Morty my friend I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. My Grandmothers leukemia recently came out of remission and she is slowely dying of it however she is 84 and it's tough to battle at that age.

Your Mom stands a very good chance of coming out of this with many more years still ahead of her because she is so much younger and her body can fight harder.

I wish you and your family all the best. Our prayers are with you.

Gunny
BroKenMan-Redsku
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear this mort. I know I'm not around as much as i used to be, but your mom will be in my prayers. Just enjoy the time you have with her. Thats something i wish i did more with my cousin.

Stay strong.

(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Real sorry to hear this morty...just want you to know that I'm keeping your mother in my prayers, and I have faith that she will come out of this ok...

As jonny said God has a plan for everything...I know this has got to be tough on you, but stay strong through whatever comes out of this....

As for kai dont worry about it there are other crew members here to take care of business and as usual i will help people whenever i can to the best of my ability on kai and the forums.

Good luck with this man and again you and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers. Wink

PS good luck on those finals as well i know they're a b*tch but yer a smart guy i know you'll do well.

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you all for your support. But things have gotten a lot worse and there only giving her a time limits to live. Which isn't good for me or my family. Please keep her in all your prayers.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic