FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 The wii View next topic
View previous topic
(DD)JiffyWhip
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So I finally sat down and played one yesterday. It was cool at first, but quickly lost my interest. The controls for all the games were way to sensitive. I'd play golf and barely move the little controller, and still get one of those "power drives". We played excite truck, and there was no precision controlling of the steering. You turned the controller and prayed it went in the right direction.

All and all it seems like a good game system for someone who's easily amused, but for a hardcore gamer, it really does seem lacking. Its got a novelty factor that makes it seem cool at first, but quickly evolves into a lot of work to play a game. I do admit that the controller does bring more fun to stupid games like baseball, golf and tenis, but not enough to make me want to play the thing.

For the money, I think its worth it. The systems really cheap, and the games aren't to expensive either. For a FPS console, you don't want this thing at all. The controllers way to sensitive. Its like playing Halo 2 with your sensitivity jacked up on 10.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn YOU!! Up to now i was really excited to be getting one but now after reading that im not to sure i want one. If the racing game sucks then imagine how hard it is to play call of duty2
(DD)JiffyWhip
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats exactly what i've been thinking. The shooting game that came with whatever package of games it is, was really twitchy. The slightest movement of your hand resulted in a huge amount of movement from the reticule. Not to mention the little tank game they had was just akward as hell. The little nun-chuck thing they've got with the thumbstick used to move is hard to use to navigate while using the other hand to aim. I imagine Call of Duty uses this same idea to move and aim and fire.

For novelty or a different game experience, i'd get a Wii. For old fashioned gaming, i'd still get a 360. Call of Duty 3 on 360 is the shit.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Agreed, i love call of duty 2 on the 360
is there like controller sensitivity settings you could set on the wii?
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your comments could not be further from my experience.

The precision of the remote in Zelda: TP is amazing. In Elibits, the remote feels like a natural extension of your hand. Wii Sports is a very faithful reproduction of real life Tennis and Bowling. Golf is alot of fun as it is simplier than, say Tiger Woods 2007, but still challenging. The Sports games are best played with family/friends to truly get your competitive hard on.

As for FPS, try Red Steel... feels like you are holding a gun and swinging a sword.

If you want a console that is straightforward and fun to play, get a Wii. It's the iPod of gaming consoles.

HOWEVER...

If you are the sort of person who likes 10 buttons, two joysticks and a dpad to play a game, the Wii is not for you.

If you find memorizing complicated controls and combo moves really turns you on, the Wii will be lacking.

If you want to play the same damn shoot em up game you've been playing for the past 5 years but with better graphics, the Wii is not for you.

That's all tongue-in-cheek, of course. Honestly, the Wii *really* is for everyone. For under $300, go get one and see for yourself.

I bought a 360 on launch day. Over the past year and a half I clocked 15 hours total on Live.

I bought my Wii two days after launch... so far well over 200+ hours of game time. My favs: Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Elibits, and Wii Sports (pro in bowling, golf, and tennis).

-p

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great now im back to being undecided and confused about getting one Sad
(DD)JiffyWhip
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well... Opinions are peoples opinions. I came into it unbiased, and left with a resounding no on the Wii. Prestige is a bit in the biased category. Wink The easiest example I can think of for the controller being way to sensitive, and hard to handle is the laser hockey game. The slightest movement of your hand, and your paddle is on the other side of the table.

Give it a go though. Try before you buy. Once the novelty of the controller wears off, the Wii doesn't have much else to offer. Its lack of graphics, and inability to play games that aren't "childrens" games, or just to difficult ( Zelda ) leaves me wondering what all the fuss is about. Like I said though, for the first couple of hours I thought it was great, but after the newness wore off, it wasn't. Think N64 and Playstation. Mario Kart 64 or Grand Turismo.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(DD)JiffyWhip wrote:
Give it a go though. Try before you buy

I guess im off to WalMart to sit in the demo section for a few hours Laughing
shadowace
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to agree with Prestige here, I love the experience of the Wii. However it truly is a family/friends kind of console. The fun of getting 4 friends together to bowl or play tennis on my 110 inch projection screen just can't be beat. You jut can't hand 4 of your casual or non gamer friends a 360 remote and expect them to have any fun in Rainbow Six or Halo 2 while you sit back and whoop their ass, or let them get thier ass whooped on Live.

The Wii really is the console for everyone, but want my real opinion get a Wii and a 360!

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL i know what thats like playing with friends that never played the game before and expecting to have some 2v2 fun, it just gets sad and then boring for you while they get frustrated and angry.
[OG]xX-JaT-Xx[CC]
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it gives ur arm a good work out

-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nice
(DD)JiffyWhip
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shadowace wrote:
I have to agree with Prestige here, I love the experience of the Wii. However it truly is a family/friends kind of console. The fun of getting 4 friends together to bowl or play tennis on my 110 inch projection screen just can't be beat. You jut can't hand 4 of your casual or non gamer friends a 360 remote and expect them to have any fun in Rainbow Six or Halo 2 while you sit back and whoop their ass, or let them get thier ass whooped on Live.

The Wii really is the console for everyone, but want my real opinion get a Wii and a 360!

That I can agree with. I had the same thoughts. A Wii by yourself isn't much at all. You'd need to have friends to play those games. I did find the size of the tv did matter as well. I imagine it wouldn't be so sensitive if we had a bigger television. We were playing on a 29 inch tv.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im just going to sit and wait for any "killer app" until then im just going to watch from the sidelines, for now the n64 is good enough for game partys for me
[1up]MstrGmr200
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I myself have a Nintendo Wii and love it. Wii Sports was a very good show case and introduction for how the wii controls. I also thought the controls for Zelda Twilight Princess were dead on.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Im just scared that if i get it i wont like it and i spent 300 buckaroos on some hardware i wont ever play with
[OG]xX-JaT-Xx[CC]
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i thinks its fun if with friends. Wait till super smash bros ccomes out that'll be sick

-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jat why dont you just put that image in your signature

Just hit profile then under signature put this
Code:
[img]imageurl[/img]
then below make sure you click "Yes" to always attach signature.
[OG]xX-JaT-Xx[CC]
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Eyes hmmmm
-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try it, its the same on almost all forum boards

Jump to:   

View next topic