FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 DD WRT + XBMC + WIRELESS XBOX SETUP View next topic
View previous topic
ZoNeD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok i've searched and searched but now its to the point my brain is going to bleed out of my nose.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Kai_Console_Gaming

This article here is what im attempting to do but it seems it needs updating,

Arrow Modified XBox running XBox Media Center, any version after January 2006 (So far)

Arrow A Linksys WRT54G(S) running Standard Generic DD-WRT v23. (Doesn't have to be Generic, as long as it is in the Standard list)

Question Your XBox is connected directly via one of the Ethernet ports of the WRT54G(S). See "Complex Setup" for wireless configurations.

Arrow Your WRT54G has a local address of 192.168.2.1 (this isn't a requirement, but it is used in the examples. Feel free to change this address as you need)

Arrow You use the joystick as the primary interface to your XBox running XBMC, and you use Project Mayhem III as the skin. Running on xb360

Question You have a DHCP Server running on your router.

I have no idea why this isn't working but my setup before allowed me to run the kai engine off my pc, which didnt fully work (saw arenas, chat, pings, games, etc.. but when joined boted to game screen with no system link access)

So i was told I could use my wireless router to run kaid engine, its not working and my xbox runs good wirelesses off the offical xbox wireless adaptar (v.1.6 box) and I wouldnt want to just have a crossover cable because its so far from my router(s) in my house.

Do you knowledgable and inteliclectual form members have any idea what my actions should be. I have other computers in my house running wireless kai engine from but I not in the mood to test all of them, do you think setting up at another computer could solve this first issue I was having?

Ideally I would like to get this thing running right from my modem. Cheers, thanks for reading this post. Cool
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

your xbox does not have to be close to your router...if your pc is wireless to the router then simply hook up a crossover cable from the xbox to the pc...the pc can never be completely wireless...

To configure kai for xbmc go into kai config and select "engine only (for dashboards)" under profile...

Also only have "Launch Engine" checked to the list at the left...none of the others should be checked...

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
ZoNeD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So there is no way to just have my wireless router run the kai engine and my xbox pick up the signal? removing the pc from the equation?
[1up]MstrGmr200
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kovert even though those configuration settings for XBMC are right in the kai config, you don't not need to set it up that way. Even if the UI is running on the computer itll just close when XBMC connects. Once XBMC connects to the engine it will be the new ui and the other ui on the pc will detach and dissapear. Before you try the more complicated way using your Linksys WRT54G router... try running it on your pc(on your pc thats hardwired to the router) and have another ethernet cable going to the into your router from your xbox. If that works, try variations of running it from your router firmware/wireless adapter.

Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand that it is not necessary although it is preferred when running kai off of dashboards such as XBMC...

And as for his connection i believe he stated that the router is far away from his box...so he wouldnt be able to try plugging in his xbox with an ehternet cable

I'm also getting the impression that all of your pc's are wireless? and that you would not be able to try hardwirin any of them to the router? or is this possible?

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
ZoNeD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah all my pcs are setup and wirelessly and was hoping to get right into the advanced portions of getting it all setup, I have the technology!! and just need the know how.

But if all else fails i will setup again, but i dont,like having it wired.
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no as long as you can have the xbox near the pc running kai you can connect those 2, and nothing has to be near the router...

a complete wireless setup seems to work for some people...but most of those people cannot be established to, and therefore it is not recommended.

It's about as good as using dial up if ya know what i mean.

Also see if choosing your actual network adapter in the kai config works, instead of leaving it on "auto detect and lock"

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic