FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Puglic hosting in Halo 2 View next topic
View previous topic
Enferno
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As most of you guys know, there is no more public hosting in Halo 2 arenas.

Now, there has been quite a bit of cheating since the beginning of time, and it has gotten worse lately, not to mention the degree of complaining has also commensurately inflated. However, I feel that (and this is my personal opinion) Kai has sufficiently killed their popularity with this game. Currently, with this new restriction against public hosting, Xlink has become no better than XBConnect.

Public hosting allowed people to make games and join at an incredible easy and speed. It is difficult for people to pick and choose games now that we must navigate through and find a private arena with not only people playing, but playing a game we wish join. When public hosting was allowed, you could join, quit, and join another game in a much more timely manner.

Hosting in private arenas does solve the problem of unmanageable modders/cheaters, but it significantly reduces the playability of halo 2 when using xlink. Sure, there are games to join, and if nothing is currently being hosted that you wish to play, you can make your own arena and game. But herein lies the problem once again; join (on in this case, hosting) games, people flat out don't join anymore.

Yes, eliminating public hosting solved our cheater problem. And the people who really have problems playing with cheaters can go into an arena and/or make their own, but why not just outlaw bitching about cheaters instead of public games? as per the stickied thread, that was the main reason for discontinuing public hosting.

In short, i wish public hosting would come back. I don't mind playing which cheaters, and i know there are some teams/players out there (like myself) who enjoy the challenge of playing against cheaters. If people have a problem playing which cheaters, they can leave the public game and join an arena, but disabling public hosting has flat out sucked.

/rant over
Michael_T
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell no , i don't want to play against Cheaters .
Just make your own Arena .
As far as XBC goes , i played there many times and even in classic mode there are many cheaters there . That's why i came to Xlink , Cheaters get banned and that's the way it schould be . Exclamation
-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you can still host in public arena however don't complain to us about it when you get cheating in your games or the games your playing in. I fail to see what the big problem is of just hosting or playing in a private arena, the game will still work Rolling Eyes
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I revoked the rule i dont care if you host public games but i dont want to hear a damn thing about people modding or cheating in them or im qaing the person complaining for not reading the arena text. I cant make everyone happy.

-Morty
-MuffinDCC-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The only reason people play in public arenas are because you are lazy. Yes, no matter how much you dispute this issue, it is just laziness. Its not that difficult to play in privates and I have been playing them for a year now and it is so much better than publics

Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah man way too many calories are burned and energy used to wheel that office chair over to the old desktop...

and if ya got a laptop its even worse huh?...i mean man doin a huge upper body turn to the left or right to access that old touchpad? talk about a workout!! man that is pushin it...

oh and dont even get me started on movin that hand or finger to get that pointer rollin across the screen to the green arrows...uh uh...

hmmm...yet we can still bend down to pick up that mic and place it over our head, turn the xbox on, and press them buttons like crazy to rack up them kills...

well this equation doesnt quite add up, yet becuz team xlink is amazing we can still solve it by saying host a private arena or dont complain!!! Very Happy

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
Michael_T
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kovert-OpxX wrote:
yeah man way too many calories are burned and energy used to wheel that office chair over to the old desktop...

and if ya got a laptop its even worse huh?...i mean man doin a huge upper body turn to the left or right to access that old touchpad? talk about a workout!! man that is pushin it...

oh and dont even get me started on movin that hand or finger to get that pointer rollin across the screen to the green arrows...uh uh...

hmmm...yet we can still bend down to pick up that mic and place it over our head, turn the xbox on, and press them buttons like crazy to rack up them kills...

well this equation doesnt quite add up, yet becuz team xlink is amazing we can still solve it by saying host a private arena or dont complain!!! Very Happy

Amen to that ! Razz
JarQa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

laziness?! what about the people like me... my pc runnin kai is two floors down and four rooms to the right.. its quite a damn long way to have to run everytime i wanna switch from a shitty game...plus, its slow.. n if yur a speed junkie liike me, or have no patience, it takes faaaaaaaar too long for people to join a private arena.. its the difference between instant gratification and a ten fifteen minute wait..
and on the cheaters, i used to bitch when i first started, but since i only host now, me n the people who regularly join my games have cum up with our own system for doin the cunts, we warn people who the cheaters are n team up to kill their asses Smile
although, ive seen some pretty shiitty cheaters lately, like a dude who had suer jump and a full auto on his trainer, played one on one n beat im fifty twelve!!! it feels soooo good kickin a cheaters hole!
[BR]Dan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let the cheaters degrade their own selfs.

Even though im pretty sure their gonna choose random usernames, its just simple. You dont wanna play with lag or cheats, go to private arena, and go from there.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok... Ithink that playing againsta a cheater isnt a big problem, the issue comes when you do not know, let me explain... is somebody play as a cheater and you got the option to play against him with disadvantage (that word exist?), so you can train and gain experience, for me that way its ok... but when you are fair playing and suddenly a cheater or modder enters and fuck all the game, thats what I hate... so there should be public arenas with and for cheaters and arenas for fair players... so the only way to ban somebody is if they fuck a game, they`re like gays, (I do not have anything against them, it is just a merely example), they need their space...
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

umm...i believe there is an arena for modders/hackers...

It's called the Mods and Hacks arena...so my question is why dont people use it..."and the winner is...LAZYNESS!"

oh and JarQa if you dont mind cheaters and are not going to complain then why are you arguing my point? you can play publicly all you want but dont complain that is all...

The issue is that the xtag usually does not match the ingame name and if it takes place in the public arena then forget it...im not even gonna attempt to find out who it is...but if it is in a private arena either a moderator or the arena host can do a process of elimination to find out who the cheater is. Wink

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
JarQa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

they dont use the proper arena cus then theyd only be playiin other modded peoples... how can they cheat if the other people have the same extra abilities...
pannta
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have a better solution!. stop playing this fucking game, there are other great games you can play in xlink.
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

pannta wrote:
i have a better solution!. stop playing this fucking game, there are other great games you can play in xlink.

GREAT IDEA!!!!!! ROTFLMAO Laughing Laughing
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JarQa wrote:
they dont use the proper arena cus then theyd only be playiin other modded peoples... how can they cheat if the other people have the same extra abilities...

wrong they dont use the proper arena becuz they're *ssholes who have no life and get pleasure out of winning against someone by using an unfair advantage...

They're also ungrateful little sods...we give 'em so many choices to pick from:

1) mod/cheat in the modding arena
2) do it in private arena with a description
3) do it in a private arena that's locked/passworded

I just dont think they like kai at all cuz they always seem to pick number 4:

4)crawl under a rock and rot...in other words bye bye go to live and get banned from there too if ya havent already

And yes i definitely agree with the fact that there are other games...I don't see what is so special about halo2...yeh its a good game but its not magnetic. lets get real here guys...

JarQa
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

halo 2... i love it cus its soo competitive, and theres so many ways to win, tactics n such, it makes you tjhink Smile
and yeah, i agree with you now, sorry, there seems to be lots more recently too, cheaters i mean.. one called outlaw-g though, or sumink like that, hes gay!!! speed n full autos on coagulation n he still got a bad beatin Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic