FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 XBMC/KAI connectivity View next topic
View previous topic
ramrod_newell
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi - first post, be gentle Smile

WRT54GL 1.1 router - OpenWRT 0.9 firmware - kaid 7007, kaid.conf unchanged from standard.

Latest T3CH build of XBMC, running as default dashboard on eVox bios. Xbox has a reserved IP address, picks up RSS feeds, weather, etc., and is on a wired port on the router. Can't for the life of me get connected - I get the "... not connected. Try to reconnect?" prompt every time.

Have tested the router's kai engine from my my Mac G4 iBook (wireless), running Amaryllis, which connects fine. Have also installed a local kai engine on the Mac - that also works fine from Amaryllis, but again was unable to connect from xbox.

And yes, I'm sure it's the right tag and password, because I have actually seen the xbox connect to kai. I did have DD-WRT v23 SP1 on the router, and was trying to get things going with that. If - while leaving the xbox on - I disabled kaid, rebooted the router, reenabled kaid, rebooted again, the xbox would sometimes pick it up. After a shutdown/restart of the xbox, it wouldn't connect again.

Scratching my head here (and not just cos the daughter's got Chickenpox). Pretty sure the engine is fine (no errors in the log, and the Mac connects OK), and there's not a lot to configure on the Xbox. Not sure what to check next.

Any ideas?

Cheers.
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

make sure the engine ip is the address of the computer / router running the engine ..

theirs also a bug in PM3.. (XBMC default skin) .. you have to go into the kai settings and enable it , than disable , than enable again and it should work ..

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25855&highlight=xlink

other skins don't have this problem ..

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
ramrod_newell
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, will try that - am using PM3 skin, so may well be the problem. May be why I've seen it intermittently work in the past as well, if I've stumbled across the enable/disable/re-enable trick. Also seen threads mentioning game saves for xbmc ... I usually remove them each install, but got a horrible feeling I didn't when I installed the latest version from T3CH. Couple of things to try, anyway.

Engine IP is correct (changed it to that of the mac when I tested with that engine, but changed it back to the router's address).

Cheers
ramrod_newell
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice one [tHc]hicaow - disable/re-enable did the trick!

Knew it would be something stupid, and that's about the only thing I didn't try.

(*^_^*)

"Made with bits of real panther, so you know he's good!"
[tHc]hicaow
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya it's an annoying bug .. it only happens in PM3 .. try getting a different skin .. go here

http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads

download that ..

put this in as the address when you install that app ..

https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xboxmediacenter/

than pick a new folder, right click on it and hit update SVN .. it will download alot of skins for XBMC .. once its done you have to run BUILD.bat in each skin, it will create a build folder which in that contains the skin .. the skins are updated fairly often so to update just right click and hit update again, it will only get the updated files .. enjoy :]

edit: and here is the UNOFFICIAL fix to the PM3 skin ..

"I just was able to fix it in PMIII. i did what they say! in home.xml under the DVD-Rom Buttons, i removed the second DVD Button, and i deleted the
"System.KaiConnected"-order in the Dvd-Rom button section. So finally i had just one DVD button whitout a "system.kaidconneted"-order, and the Kaid Button..." - CHDude

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic