FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Counter strike problem. View next topic
View previous topic
Raynard_Sigua
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hey, everytime i go into a counter strike arena, i can never see the host on my xbox, anyone know whats wrong? This is the only game ive been wanting to play. Crying or Very sad If anyone know what i can do to fix the problem post here.
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

is that the only arena you are having problems with? try others as a test so we know its not just an orb server error Wink

if it happens in all arenas then it is something wrong on your end...make sure your network is reachable and console detected using kai diagnostics first then we'll go from there...(its the little magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner of the GUI) Wink

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
Raynard_Sigua
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Kovert-OpxX wrote:
is that the only arena you are having problems with? try others as a test so we know its not just an orb server error Wink

if it happens in all arenas then it is something wrong on your end...make sure your network is reachable and console detected using kai diagnostics first then we'll go from there...(its the little magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner of the GUI) Wink

Well, the only other games i played on kai are halo and halo2, and yes i can join those games. and my consle is decteced.
RIMPAPAKION
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

since you join halo 2 arenas (and can play the game) your problem with CS is that NOONE hosts a game the time you log in.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RIMPAPAKION wrote:
since you join halo 2 arenas (and can play the game) your problem with CS is that NOONE hosts a game the time you log in.

no, i join the cs arena i see a host, i join it, i look on my t.v and the game does not show up. the ping to him was 150, is there a ping issue with cs?
-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He may just not have a game up and its possible he just shut off his xbox and didnt return to messenger mode and left his status as host.
RIMPAPAKION
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(-hodkins-) wrote:
He may just not have a game up and its possible he just shut off his xbox and didnt return to messenger mode and left his status as host.

thats right

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(-hodkins-) wrote:

when i was in his arena, i asked other ppl in the arena if they were playing they said yes. so i dont think thats the problem. Crying or Very sad
-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If they are running an older version of xlink for mac os or linux i noticed it dont play nice with the versions that are newer if they are playing on new xbox rev1.6 consoles or xbox1 on 360s. Also this happens in halo2 as sometimes where the game wont show up when the connection is maxed out.
Raynard_Sigua
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(-hodkins-) wrote:
If they are running an older version of xlink for mac os or linux i noticed it dont play nice with the versions that are newer if they are playing on new xbox rev1.6 consoles or xbox1 on 360s. Also this happens in halo2 as sometimes where the game wont show up when the connection is maxed out.

oh ok, cause im using a 360, that might be the problem.
-AGF4-hodkins-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a lot of things that can make the game show up. If the person running the game is not set to host the game wont show up until the game is in lobby mode and not in prgress, so if the person running the game is not set to host people could have joined when the game started out but no one else will see the game thats why they were probably in the game

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic