FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 My xbox and my ping show on kai but cant see games on xbox View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Zaffor
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Xbox connected to Zyxel Prestige 300 series router - Xbox shows as configured in Kai and my friends can see my ping as well as I can see theirs. Forwarded port 30000 for kai as well as all the other recommended ports throughout this forum. I shut down Zonealarm and am running no other firewall software on the PC. Win XP SP1 is the OS.

I have tried to disable the firewall on the router as well as trying to make my PC ip address a server. Basically my router looks like swiss cheese with the amount of port openings Ive put in it.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled KAI and WINPCAP several times in several diff configurations rebooting each and every time.

Running an AMD3500 cpu on a via chipset mobo with onboard nic.

Every time I log in and do a search for game Kai sees my xbox but I can never see any games NOR can others see my created games.

Any help would be appreciated - Ive gone crazy trying for hours to no avail.

Thanks
Zaffor@hotmail.com
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Zaffor wrote:
Xbox connected to Zyxel Prestige 300 series router - Xbox shows as configured in Kai and my friends can see my ping as well as I can see theirs. Forwarded port 30000 for kai as well as all the other recommended ports throughout this forum. I shut down Zonealarm and am running no other firewall software on the PC. Win XP SP1 is the OS.

I have tried to disable the firewall on the router as well as trying to make my PC ip address a server. Basically my router looks like swiss cheese with the amount of port openings Ive put in it.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled KAI and WINPCAP several times in several diff configurations rebooting each and every time.

Running an AMD3500 cpu on a via chipset mobo with onboard nic.

Every time I log in and do a search for game Kai sees my xbox but I can never see any games NOR can others see my created games.

Any help would be appreciated - Ive gone crazy trying for hours to no avail.

Thanks
Zaffor@hotmail.com

If your Xbox says it’s configured and people can see your ping you should be up and running. Are you sure there are people playing the game that you are searching for?

Also, you will not be able to see your game on Kai, only users searching for system link games will be able to see your game.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I was trying to connect with friend in friends list as well as join a game from an arena. I had ppl in the arena who were able to see the game yet I could not see it. The game was Star Wars Battlefront.

I also tried with Colin Mcrae and could not see any games either.

My friend was able to see my ping and I was able to see hers.

I had a few ppl in the arena trying to help out but we couldnt figure it out no matter what changes I made. Even tried on another PC on my home network with the same problems.

Thanks for the reply - If you think of anything else let me know and I will be happy to try it out.

Zaffor
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay then it sounds like your problem could be WinPCap related. Remove your WinPCap from add remove programs, and then reboot. When the computer comes back up install WinPCap again then reboot. Log back in and see if you can find any games. If not report back so we can go from there.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk

Already did that brotha - I did a few things with Winpcap

First I tried to uninstall and download 3.1 beta and I couldnt even see my nic. Then I uninstalled it and rebooted then installed 3.0 and that didnt work. Then I uninstalled it uninstalled kai and deleted the kai folder - then I rebooted and installed Kai again and letting it install Winpcap for me and rebooted again. Thats where I am now.

I would try again if you recommend it but I have to wait until I get home tommorow morning - Im on duty for 24 hours.

Also if you have any other recommendations I will try anything to get this working.

Thanks for the responce
Zaffor
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay then tomorrow we will work on getting you up and running. I get home at 4pm EST. We both live in Florida so it should not be a big deal to work out a good time.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Much appreciated brotha

We usually get hammered at night on our truck so I sleep in when I get home. Ill be looking out for you after 4pm see if we can get this thing ironed out.

Thanks
Henry
Zaffor@hotmail.com
DOS4GW
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you have a DHCP running on that router?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes the router has DHCP enabled. Is that problematic?
GAK820
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

umm i was going to ask if your status is set as host? when hosting a game make sure it is set at host.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like the firewalls still at fault. WinPCap is cool as you're getting a good connection to the XBox. Your port forwards are cool because you can see other people's pings and they can see yours.

Definately sounds firewall related to me. Disabling a software firewall will usually not leave any ports open. It will keep the ports blocked, then disable. Sometimes even an uninstallation can't fix it. You mentioned ZA so I'll point you to

http://webrun.net/~allprotr/diehard/Pro/pro.html
Zaffor
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got home so I can play around with this again -

As far as the ZoneAlarm - I have modified my ZA to work with kai as instructed, but remember I am actually shutting down ZA when I use kai. Is this still necessary?

I will try it out and post back. Also is there any other ports other than 30000 that I need to open on the router to allow Kai to work.

Thanks
Z
Zaffor
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK I tried the ZA thing and its still not working. I also went into the router setup and disabled DHCP and tried ( without a reboot or anything along those lines ) and Its still not working.

Router is a Zyxel Prestige 324

Z
SS-CybrPunk
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check your PM and hit me up on MSN messenger this weekend if you haven't already gotten with Funk to fix your problems.
frontier444
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi! I am experiencing similar difficulties except that I have a LinkSys WRT54G router with WiFi-box.net v2.02.2.1 firmware but this seems to work fine. At first XLINK KAI on my PC would connect normal and say connection DID succeed but when looking at the console picture now it tells me 'XBOX connecting..Retail Only' even though I am using original disks in my BOX. Any suggestions why this error may occure or better how to get rid of it? I have bot been able to actually play games on the network yet but this project is great!

Thanks!
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

frontier444 wrote:
Hi! I am experiencing similar difficulties except that I have a LinkSys WRT54G router with WiFi-box.net v2.02.2.1 firmware but this seems to work fine. At first XLINK KAI on my PC would connect normal and say connection DID succeed but when looking at the console picture now it tells me 'XBOX connecting..Retail Only' even though I am using original disks in my BOX. Any suggestions why this error may occure or better how to get rid of it? I have bot been able to actually play games on the network yet but this project is great!

Thanks!

Are your games on and in system link mode when you are logged on to Kai?

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Zaffor wrote:
Yes the router has DHCP enabled. Is that problematic?

Yes it is. When you start a game you leave the dash, the Xbox is not a multitasking system.

Once you're in the game the Xbox wants a new ip. This ip should be given by Kai. But if you have a DHCP running that can reach the Xbox, the xbox will recieve an ip from the DHCP instead of Kai.

Switch the DHCP off, or block it from assigning the Xbox mac address with an ip.

Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We spent 5 hours working on this issue yesterday and determined the cause of his problems were the Zyxel Prestige 324 broadband router he was using. When he replaced it with a DLink DI-624 and forwarded the correct port everything worked. We spent many hours working through different configs on the Zyxel and couldn't find the working solution. If anyone has a Zyxel Prestige 324 and it is working with Kai would you please send me a PM?
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it’s a conspiracy with things that are named Prestige to be difficult. lol, j/k man. j/k Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic