FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Connection problems View next topic
View previous topic
Jarod91
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is really weird.
I got every thing done correctly,i can connect to the guild hall(Monster Hunter Freedom 2),i can see players online,i can use kai to join halls.
One problem: Straight after i begin quest,i get dced.
Well,i tried solving it.Now,instead of dc-ing straighy away,my fellow team mates will run awhile,then my ping will suddenly go unreasonably high,and i get dced.
How can i solve this problem?
Cribian
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its a ping problem. I have the same problem if there is more than 2 people (including myself) in 1 arena. I'm not sure how to fix it though
Himo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

at least you guys can see the players...i'm always in the empty hall.
ChaoticInfinityX
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's definitely a connection issue. Most likely due to poor connections. Try asking people what your ping is before you jump into a quest with them. Ideally you'd want a ping of 150 or less (the lower the better). Anything over about 300 or so is bad and you can probably a DC. Also, if it stays locked at "establishing connection" then that's just as bad as saying the connection is "bad".

If you are using a low-end DSL or similar connection then you definitely have to make sure nothing is interfering with your connection to get the best out of what you have. Hopefully your computer isn't connected to the internet Wirelessly, if so switch to a LAN or Wired connection if at all possible If not, then make sure you can get the best signal possible from the wireless router. Oh, and if you are using a wireless B or G card for internet, then you'll only be getting no more than 10% or 54% (respectively) of what you'd get with a Wired connection.

Secondly, make sure that anyone else on your network (whether you have a router or share your connection) isn't doing anything that requires a lot of bandwith. Ideally, it would be best if no one else was on it, but if all the other person is doing is browsing without downloading anything, it shouldn't be too bad. Anything more than simple browsing with have an impact on your connection value. Try comparing your connection's strength when someone's to what its like when you are the only user for a clue as to the difference.

Lastly, and what should be the most obvious... outside of Kai, don't run any online applications at all. While some people can handle a browser or more, if you are having connection issues from the start, then don't bother trying to multitask with Kai open.

If none of those worked... then there is either some factor that you haven't told us or your connection just sucks.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic