FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 PSP Configured successfuly but i can't see anyone in hall View next topic
View previous topic
park89
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello I've a particular configuration : I've a router for internet and i've a wifi key adaptator to psp ad hoc mode.
In Xlink Kay i can see : PSP Configurate successfuly but when i go in an arena i can't see any person in the online gathering hall.
What is the problem ?
Thank you for your answer(s).
park89
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

UP !
Sorry I'm french ! So, if you haven't understand, i can say it differently.
Himo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

park89 wrote:
Hello I've a particular configuration : I've a router for internet and i've a wifi key adaptator to psp ad hoc mode.
In Xlink Kay i can see : PSP Configurate successfuly but when i go in an arena i can't see any person in the online gathering hall.
What is the problem ?
Thank you for your answer(s).

Hello.

I have a router to connect to the internet and a wifi card to use for ad-hoc w/ xlink and the psp. In Xlink I see that the psp configured successfully but when I go to arenas, I can't see anyone in the gathering hall.

What is the problem?
Thank you for your answer.

No worries, mate...I just fixed it up for you. I have the exact same problem you do. What wifi card are you using? I am also trying to solve the mystery of empty gathering hall.
Ruggero
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same problem. Sigh sigh.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys sure there are people in the room?
Ruggero
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure. They can see each other but not me.
elemen7al
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same problem...

PSP config is successfull but i see no one in the gathering hall

tried with:

Trendnet TEW-229UB
Trendnet TEW-424UB H/W v2.1R

Please help with this one seems common
Sergey
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a simmilar problem: It will do that sometimes, sometimes i can ebetr and exit the guild hall and always see every one, but some times they just won't show up. There are definatly people in the room........ i can work around it but it gets annoying haveing to restart kia and zydas every 2 - 3 games. Any ideas?

~useing Wifi Max
aztoreth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am having the same trouble... can configure kai with zydas driver, my psp is recognized but i am not able to see anyone in guild halls. I used kai 3 months ago with mhf and something very similar to what i am using now. But for some reason things dont seems to work now.

I am using airlink+ usb adapter(i used it before and it works perfectly).

Ps: sorry for bad english.
park89
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What can we do to make it work ? Question
ChaoticInfinityX
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To those using a Wifi Max...

Are you making sure that you have 100% signal strength when you start kai and enter the arena? If you let it drop too low... you basically destroy the connection (even if kai says it's been successfully configured).

To those using whatever else you use...

Since I don't know exactly what your steps are to get online and working... try and get the same results with the advice described above. The goal is to verify that all the connections necessary are at 100% or as close to it as possible. Retrace your steps with however you have to setup your connection and make sure you got it all working exactly.

Himo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ChaoticInfinityX wrote:
To those using a Wifi Max...

Are you making sure that you have 100% signal strength when you start kai and enter the arena? If you let it drop too low... you basically destroy the connection (even if kai says it's been successfully configured).

To those using whatever else you use...

Since I don't know exactly what your steps are to get online and working... try and get the same results with the advice described above. The goal is to verify that all the connections necessary are at 100% or as close to it as possible. Retrace your steps with however you have to setup your connection and make sure you got it all working exactly.

I have retraced my steps a million times. I've done several different guides ranging from the "port forward", to the "30000", to the "enable follow SSID". My psp has been successfully configured but I just don't see anyone in the guildhall no matter how many times I try.
ChaoticInfinityX
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Himo wrote:
I have retraced my steps a million times. I've done several different guides ranging from the "port forward", to the "30000", to the "enable follow SSID". My psp has been successfully configured but I just don't see anyone in the guildhall no matter how many times I try.

Um... the reason I didn't mention Port Forwarding & "30000" (which are part of the same step, so I don't know why you listed them separately) and "enable follow SSID" is because those steps would only be applicable to you if you couldn't get Kai to detect your PSP... and as we all should know (if you are paying attention) is that we've established that your PSP has already been detected.

The point I was trying to make... which obviously went unnoticed... was that even if you get your PSP to get detected, you have to maintain the signal between your PSP and your adapter. Kai doesn't regulate that connection!! You have to verify it with whatever driver utility or application you use with your adapter. As an example, here's what you'd have to do if you have Wifi Max:

ChaoticInfinityX wrote:
When you initially connect, Kai states you PSP is working, but if your connection strength diminishes Kai wont say anything and you'll just sit there cursing everything cause one thing doesn't work. Alternatively, try some troubleshooting. Check to make sure ZDWLan's signal strength is at 100%. If it's hovering around 20%-50% while your actively in the Guild Hall in MHF or MHF2, then your connection has diminished and you have to restart ZDWLan or at least redo the search for your PSP's connection within ZDWLan and have it reestablish a connection to it.

It doesn't matter how many millions of times you've attempted the setup process... because until you get it right and are able to play without a hitch, you're gonna have to suck it up and try another million times until you figure out which step you didn't execute properly.

Himo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChaoticInfinityX wrote:

Um... the reason I didn't mention Port Forwarding & "30000" (which are part of the same step, so I don't know why you listed them separately) and "enable follow SSID" is because those steps would only be applicable to you if you couldn't get Kai to detect your PSP... and as we all should know (if you are paying attention) is that we've established that your PSP has already been detected.

The point I was trying to make... which obviously went unnoticed... was that even if you get your PSP to get detected, you have to maintain the signal between your PSP and your adapter. Kai doesn't regulate that connection!! You have to verify it with whatever driver utility or application you use with your adapter. As an example, here's what you'd have to do if you have Wifi Max

I mentioned them separately because there are many guides around on the web. Some range from portforwarding with 0 deep port, pf w/ 30000, no pf w/ 30,000, no pf w/ 0, follow ssid, no follow, enable pat, disable pat, there are a million guides out there. Even if I know the steps don't make sense as in the portforward+0 combos, I tried them anyways just to be safe.

In terms of the point you were trying to make, it isn't very helpful because anyone here with a shred of common sense has already troubleshot that or noticed that their adhoc connection hasn't been perfect. Try using the search button for this particular issue, it has existed for quite a while and signal strength isn't the problem. Lots of different ideas have been tried but nothing works.
ChaoticInfinityX
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Himo wrote:
ChaoticInfinityX wrote:

The point I was trying to make... which obviously went unnoticed... was that even if you get your PSP to get detected, you have to maintain the signal between your PSP and your adapter. Kai doesn't regulate that connection!! You have to verify it with whatever driver utility or application you use with your adapter. As an example, here's what you'd have to do if you have Wifi Max

I mentioned them separately because there are many guides around on the web. Some range from portforwarding with 0 deep port, pf w/ 30000, no pf w/ 30,000, no pf w/ 0, follow ssid, no follow, enable pat, disable pat, there are a million guides out there. Even if I know the steps don't make sense as in the portforward+0 combos, I tried them anyways just to be safe.

In terms of the point you were trying to make, it isn't very helpful because anyone here with a shred of common sense has already troubleshot that or noticed that their adhoc connection hasn't been perfect. Try using the search button for this particular issue, it has existed for quite a while and signal strength isn't the problem. Lots of different ideas have been tried but nothing works.

A million guides, huh? Wow... you'd think after reading all those guides, you'd pick up on what some of those fixes and features you mentioned actually do. Hell, I'd expect you to know more on the process than any of the mods with all that knowledge. I mean you'd think that within those hundreds of thousands of guides, one or two at least would actually break down what all those features and settings and options you've mentioned actually did! I'm sure anyone with any common sense could easily understand and figure out that randomly setting options not originally selected or intended for their system would have an equal if not higher chance of doing harm to their chances of success as it would do any good.

Since there happens to be such an abundance of "common sense" in this thread already... you'd think that being the informed genius that you are you would've solved your problem already! Well, I'll search for other possible solutions when I have time to possibly help the other people actually here for help. You can stay and shoot advice down if you'd like. It makes no difference to me.

Himo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChaoticInfinityX wrote:
you'd think that being the informed genius that you are you would've solved your problem already!

Hmm...nowhere did I seem to mention that I was a super informed genius. However, you are the one running around in the thread thinking you are. If you have no advice to give, then don't give it. We don't need someone talking crap because they think they know everything since their xlink is working.

Were you trying to make a point about guides and features? I'm sorry but that incoherent rant you spewed made little sense in reference to what I initially said. I mentioned that I read through several guides and despite knowing certain instructions had nothing to do with others in some guides, I tried them anyways just for the sake of giving everything a chance. I'm not the one who coded xlink so I am noone to say that there may be a bug to completely exclude the possibility of a certain guide's illogical findings in making it work.

If you have people spitting on you in real life, you have my condolences. But that doesn't give you the right to come trashing others on forums. Now take a deep breath, get out of the basement, and take your epeen elsewhere.

Seeing as you will probably reply once again in a terribly childish manner, I will embrace it because the more bumps to this thread, the better. Maybe someone comes that actually knows what they are talking about.
ChaoticInfinityX
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Himo wrote:
ChaoticInfinityX wrote:
you'd think that being the informed genius that you are you would've solved your problem already!

Hmm...nowhere did I seem to mention that I was a super informed genius. However, you are the one running around in the thread thinking you are. If you have no advice to give, then don't give it. We don't need someone talking crap because they think they know everything since their xlink is working.

Were you trying to make a point about guides and features? I'm sorry but that incoherent rant you spewed made little sense in reference to what I initially said. I mentioned that I read through several guides and despite knowing certain instructions had nothing to do with others in some guides, I tried them anyways just for the sake of giving everything a chance. I'm not the one who coded xlink so I am noone to say that there may be a bug to completely exclude the possibility of a certain guide's illogical findings in making it work.

If you have people spitting on you in real life, you have my condolences. But that doesn't give you the right to come trashing others on forums. Now take a deep breath, get out of the basement, and take your epeen elsewhere.

Seeing as you will probably reply once again in a terribly childish manner, I will embrace it because the more bumps to this thread, the better. Maybe someone comes that actually knows what they are talking about.

Well aren't you an arrogant little bastard!

I originally posted on this thread to help the person who initially created it. And with the number of piggy-back posts from people saying they are experiencing the same system, I shared some generalized advice that has worked for others in the past who had the same symptoms.

Now when or why you've decided to appoint yourself the voice of the people in this thread is irrelevant to me... as are your statements of having found, searched, or read the "millions" of guides supposedly available on the subject.

Regardless, if you don't like the tips given to your symptoms, that's fine. Just shut your mouth and get in the back of the line so the others in the thread can respond with their results before you go shooting it down as bullshit nonsense because you're bitter that you can't get it right.

If this issue is as common and long running as you claim it to be, why don't simply you hold your breath until the answer surfaces? If we're both lucky, it'll arrive just as you lose consciousness.

{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What game are you trying to get to work, Himo?
ChaoticInfinityX
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

shiroregano wrote:

If they refer to a guild hall, they are most likely trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom/Portable 1 or 2.

{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ChaoticInfinityX wrote:
shiroregano wrote:

If they refer to a guild hall, they are most likely trying to play Monster Hunter Freedom/Portable 1 or 2.

Ooh, I thought it was another game since (in mine) it says gathering hall. Razz

Anyways it would be good to know what router/firewall is being used. Also if he set the options to Auto or Manual in the game.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic