FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Dwl-g122 C1, how to make it work in xlink kai =DDD View next topic
View previous topic
skmito
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello everyone...
i'm here to tell you folks that i found i way to play with Xlink kai using a dwl-g122 C1 usb adapter =D
IT HAS TO BE THE DWL-G122 C1... not the B1, A1 OR D1... IT HAS TO BE THE C1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and here it is =D

========First Step=========

Well, to use your usb adapter in xlink kai mode... you have to install a generic driver... so... if you installed the original driver please uinstall it and then use this generic one [ http://www.sendspace.com/file/vveb04 ]

After that you have to share your internet conection with it.

=======Second Step=========

go to the properties of your wi-fi conections...
and apply this configuration...

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13651561zy5.jpg

======Third Step==========

do this...

http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=75209768fw2.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=55767589ya7.jpg

=====fourth step====== [ omg is it right? ]

Let's see if your pc can find your psp...

PSP: go to the pictures menu and press triangle... then receive...
[ well... i forgot... you have to set ad-hoc mode on psp to channel 1]

PC: go to the wi-fi conecctions and refresh it...
if you did everything right...
it should find it =)

====fifth step======== [ omg is it right again? ]

everytime you go in a kai room...
lauch the adhoc in game... and refresh your wi-fi conection...

now you can play all your games with xlink kai =D

[sorry about my bad english ]
alundria_ng
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much! You made my day and saved me 220hkD.
alundria_ng
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanx for your help! But after playing a few games with my friends I realized my connection is highly unstable. Disconnets often, cannot see other player's figure even when they are on the players list, have to wait a long time before the quest appears even when you see a quest is posted. Is there anyway to improve the connection's stabilty. I am using vista could that be the problem? Thank you in advance!
dahawk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i thought WOHO! but then again im running xp x64, and then the drivers won't work...

Does anybody know of the same drivers, just for xp x64?
teltras
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a D-Link DWL-G122, and works great.

thanks a lot
xpss2001
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the pics are gone.. i dont suppose you could reupload those pics?

trying to get this thing to work
szuja
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would it be possible for somebody to post pics again or to write some tutorial?
I'm such noob, I know... but I really can't get this configuration (these drivers + D-Link DWL-G122 C1) to work Embarassed
and on configuration: official drivers + D-Link DWL-G122 C1, Xlink Kai doesn't see my PSP. Sad

PS:Sorry for grammar mistakes... english isn't my national language.

PS2: It's my first post, so I want to say: "hey" to everyone! Smile

---EDIT---
It worked, lol!....
I downloaded original drivers from Ralink for "USB (RT2500USB)" and installed.
The GUI of Ralink didn't worked so I used windows configurator to connect to psp and then when I started Xlink Kai it dedetected my PSP. It works ^^.

Oh, I have Win XP SP3 if somebody also had problems. ^^

I couldn't use the GUI from drivers from link in fisrt post because I don't have some "acAuth.dll" so I searched for another way and it worked.
Hope it will help somebody. Smile
28monkeys
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i need help to config my DWL-G122 !!! PLs lend ur mighty hand on me!
Sephirothrx7
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

28monkeys wrote:
i need help to config my DWL-G122 !!! PLs lend ur mighty hand on me!

Hi. Using the driver on this topic i made my G122 work with Kai. Tell me what's the problem and maybe i can help you.
28monkeys
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi Sephirothrx7

the links are mostly invalid. so it has no guild lines for me to follow anymore.. i have send a private msg to you. please read and i hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

I just bought d-link USB wireless adapter, model DWL-G122

Pls tell me specifically which driver i should use , and the steps following that...thank you very much. And must i uninstall my Atheros onboard IEEE b/g ?

Hey Sephirothx7,

I've tried methods from this http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36528 . And i almost manage to get it work, PSP XXX does appear on the wireless connection choices ....then later when i open KAI, everything just hang...what i suspect is that i need a working G122 client . Do i have to uninstall my onboard b/g and solely use G122 or ...? I really need your tutorial asap. thank in advance man!
Sephirothrx7
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I will tell here what i made.

First of all, unistall any driver installed before and restart the system. We need to install this driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cntfimzgmiq

I think it only work on Win Xp. Extract the folder on a easy directory like C:\.
When Windows ask for a driver, choose manually that folder where the driver files is. In my case for example, it's C:\Driver_DWL_G122_C1\Driver_DWL_G122_C1

The system should install the adapter as D-Link Airplus G DWL-G122 Wireless USB Adapter(rev.C) by C@.
After that, press Windows Key + Pause on your keyboard to open the System Properties. Let's go on the Hardware tab and so the Device Manager. Expand Network Adapters nod and right-click on your G122 adapter and choose Properties. Click on Advanced tab and choose the option PSP Xlink Mode. We need to set it as Enable. It's the same as the following 2 images, that i take from LopinRD topic.

Next, open the Control Panel and then the Network Connections(not sure about that name, my system is pt-BR). Right click on your wireless connection and choose Properties. Click TCP/IP protocol and again properties button. Set the IP adress as 192.168.0.1 . You can change the 1 number for any in range from 1 to 255. The submask should be 255.255.255.0 Click OK. Next, the Wireless networks tab. If it dont show like mine sometimes, open the command prompt and use the following command:

net start wzcsvc

Check the first checkbox and then click advanced button. Choose the last option(the ad hoc one) and check the box also. Close everything now. Now we should configure Kai. i'm using the latest version(7.4).

Leave the configuration page as the following:

Image To make sure the adapter is connecting to the psp, go to Pictures menu ont he PSP, choose memory stick and press Triangle and then the Receive option. Now see if windows can detect the PSP. Double click on the wireless connection icon near the system clock and refresh the networks, your PSP should be find. Open Xlink Kai and see if it can detect your psp as a console.
the5element
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i love you seph, i had to switch to this method from the zdwlan utility/wifimax becuase the zd thing kept on freezing after 5 minutes or something(its refresh wouldnt work after a short time) causing me to shut down the zdwlan and wifimax and reboot after every quest(MHFU) which took over 90 seconds every time.
now with this method i just have to enter the guild hall and refresh wireless connections, double click the psp to enter into the persons arena, alot easier i must say. (wondering if it supposed to be that way or is there a better way? like auto connect once i enter the guildhall?) but anyway THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blamenck
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I know how to install the new driver (update driver and choose manually), but whenever I do it says that it cannot install. The location I extracted to was "C:\", and I choose "C:/Driver_DWL_G122_C1\Driver_DWL_G122_C1" as the location.

Another thing is when I check the properties the option for PSP Xlink Mode it isn't there in the advanced tab. Can anybody help me on this? Am I installing the new driver correctly?

Many thanks.

(P.S. I extracted the files using WinRaR)

*EDIT* Also, Windows doesn't prompt me about the driver, I have to manually go into the properties. In fact, I am not even sure if I am removing the driver properly - can somebody please help me on this?

*EDIT-2* I have been messing about with the driver now, doing a lot of Googling, and have came out with variable results, yet they all lead to one thing: the downloaded driver not being accepted (failure in other words).

I have tried uninstalling the existing driver in the device manager several times and it works fine - the only problem is that when I restart the computer it prompts me with newly found hardware, quickly before it changes it's name and realises it is a D-Link. I try to change the driver non-the-less via manually updating it, but it just won't have it.

So then I tried again, only this time I deleted the driver by finding it's location (well, put it in the recycle bin) and restarted. This time I was allerted with a window saying that the G122 needed this driver. "Yes!", I thought. I entered the location ("C:\Driver_DWL_G122_C1\Driver_DWL_G122_C1"), clicked 'OK' and... nothing. The button flashed but the screen didn't go away - so I resorted to restoring the original driver from the bin and using that one (so close).

I have tried other things aswell, and even managed to be able to view hidden devices. One of these include "D-Link... ...(rev.C) - Packet Scheduler Miniport" [as apposed to the one's driver I keep removing: "D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G122 Wireless USB Adapter(rev.C)" - this one just has that "Packet Scheduler Miniport" attached to the end of the file name; to which I have no idea what means :/] , but I don't know whether it is safe to uninstall that one's driver (nor do I know what it actually is, as it is copyrighted by Windows).

Help on this would be deeply appreciated, as this is the only probelm I have came accross. (Bit of a big one to be honest Very Happy) If nobody understands, tommorrow I would be happy to take screen-shots to try and help get my point accross.

Omg I hate drivers... (thanks in advance to anybody that cares Wink)
Blamenck
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

I have done it =D

Kai works, picks up my PSP and everything - sweet!!

(took long enough though Wink)
borbaradjr
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hello, thanks for the help. I installed my DWL-122 C1 and it pick up my PSP. Also Xlink kay accepting my PSP. But when i enter a room in the GH nothing. What happend? Has the Version Number of my PSP doing anything with it? Or that my PSP is a Slim Version?
But i have hope i was coonectet with a guildhall where at least the name appeared^^.
mauro2029
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeay!! This worked for me. Thanks to the opening poster altho your pics are not up anymore, maybe you can fix that, and to Sephiroth for reposting with pix and stuff...

I'm so happy now, I'm not really into Monster Hunter but I guess I'm gonna give it a go... I've seen some activity in the Dissidia and Gran Turismo Areas, so I guess that's cool... I wanna try other games too, so msg me if you wanna play against me.

Is there a chance this could work on Vista?? I guess I'll give it a try...
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is no reason for this not to work on Vista as long as you have the right compatibilities options enabled.

This pictures work and worked: you just have to click on their links to make them appear.
rust159
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i can't seem to do this can someone send me a detailed guide??? i use vista
iori69
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just wondering if this driver works for windows 7 64bit?

I used to get this to work on winxp, but now i couldn't install the modified driver on windows 7
Zokonud
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

im trying to do this but it doesnt seem to work

could you please make a more detailed tutorial?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic