FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 How to: Planex GW-US54MINI2W on Vista, Solution View next topic
View previous topic
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can "overwrite" drivers(files) they just stop working... at least for me.
Darksun45230
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LopinRD wrote:
Ok, there is a problem with the official Vista drivers.....

They dont have the PSPXlink option in device manager, so everything was good, but i never got the Console Detected....

What to do?
Note: This is what i did after i got ports forwarded, etc.... but the console never got detected.

1. Download the WinXP Install AND the Vista Install
2. Install the Vista drivers, THEN Force install the drivers that come with the XP setup (Install the XP setup and in Program Files/Wireless/WinXP/ theres the .inf Driver files, then just Update Drivers, click choose myself the drivers, Have Disk and go into that folder and get that .inf)
3. Now you will get the PSPXlink Enable option in the Mini2 Advanced options in Device manager (Vista drivers doesnt have it)
4. Well after i enabled it, it all started working.

That lil detail about the Vista drivers not working, and using the XP ones, wasnt found in anyother guide i saw... not even a tip into that. Well there it is, i hope someone finds it usefull

I think this is the ultimate answer to my connection problem. If anyone can provide extra details on how to get this done then please do so.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt the author will come back for some time. And I don't think anyone understood his procedure.
Darksun45230
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LopinRD wrote:

They dont have the PSPXlink option in device manager, so everything was good, but i never got the Console Detected....

What to do?
Note: This is what i did after i got ports forwarded, etc.... but the console never got detected.

2. Install the Vista drivers, THEN Force install the drivers that come with the XP setup (Install the XP setup and in Program Files/Wireless/WinXP/ theres the .inf Driver files, then just Update Drivers, click choose myself the drivers, Have Disk and go into that folder and get that .inf)
3. Now you will get the PSPXlink Enable option in the Mini2 Advanced options in Device manager (Vista drivers doesnt have it)

That lil detail about the Vista drivers not working, and using the XP ones, wasnt found in anyother guide i saw... not even a tip into that. Well there it is, i hope someone finds it usefull

1. I downloaded Windows Driver V 1.2.2.0 and Windows Vista Driver V3.0.2.0.

2. I installed the Vista drivers as detailed in the quote above. Then I extracted the Windows Driver V 1.2.2.0 onto my desktop and after I right clicked it and selected Properties.

3. I then clicked on the Compatibility Tab and check marked Run this program in Compatibility mode for and finally I selected Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

4. Only after step three I activated the installed and only then did it installed the old drivers onto my hard drive.

The good news, PSP Xlink Mode shows in Device Manager under PCI GW-US54Mini2. Yay for me!

Bad news, yeah you knew it was coming. It's not that much of a problem but whenever I try to open KaiConfig it reads an Initialization Error, "An error occured opening the adapter pci gw-us54mini2. Kai will not use this adapter."

I'm going to try to reinstall Kai for the millionth time and see if the error goes away that way. If I can finally get rid of it I might finally be able to connect to Xlink Kai!

Hope this helps you because it took a hellva long time to figure out.

EDIT: It took a few minutes but Xlink finally traced my signal! If only my HR was a bit higher -_-;

So there you have it. I suppose you'll all throw parades for me for sometime to come (if it works on your vista.)
Caballeros
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i managed to get the xlink enabled on the adapter but i have a problem. i can't connect to my psp? inside the planex wireless utility, there are 2 profiles which are my psp and my 2wire router/modem but when i try to connect to my psp, the connection fails? need help.. the psp ssid is PSP _AULES00851.... and the network type is ad hoc.

im confused though. i'm able to get into the online gathering hall in mhf2 when i'm connected to the 2wire connection which means my psp is connected already or no?

Last edited by Caballeros on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Caballeros
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Darksun45230 wrote:
LopinRD wrote:

What to do?

2. I installed the Vista drivers as detailed in the quote above. Then I extracted the Windows Driver V 1.2.2.0 onto my desktop and after I right clicked it and selected Properties.

3. I then clicked on the Compatibility Tab and check marked Run this program in Compatibility mode for and finally I selected Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

4. Only after step three I activated the installed and only then did it installed the old drivers onto my hard drive.

The good news, PSP Xlink Mode shows in Device Manager under PCI GW-US54Mini2. Yay for me!

Bad news, yeah you knew it was coming. It's not that much of a problem but whenever I try to open KaiConfig it reads an Initialization Error, "An error occured opening the adapter pci gw-us54mini2. Kai will not use this adapter."

I'm going to try to reinstall Kai for the millionth time and see if the error goes away that way. If I can finally get rid of it I might finally be able to connect to Xlink Kai!

EDIT: It took a few minutes but Xlink finally traced my signal! If only my HR was a bit higher -_-;

So there you have it. I suppose you'll all throw parades for me for sometime to come (if it works on your vista.)

u have done it! but are u still getting the "An error occured opening the adapter pci gw-us54mini2. Kai will not use this adapter." message? tell us how you managed to get everything done!
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros wrote:
Darksun45230 wrote:
LopinRD wrote:

What to do?

u have done it! but are u still getting the "An error occured opening the adapter pci gw-us54mini2. Kai will not use this adapter." message? tell us how you managed to get everything done!

Don't worry about that error. I still get it, but mine works fine.

Darksun, you are a genius. Thank you. Really.
gabfeo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much, i've been trying to get the drivers right for a week now. It finally shows the option for PSP xlink mode! Now to see if it connects to my PSP....
Darksun45230
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros wrote:
ok i managed to get the xlink enabled on the adapter but i have a problem. i can't connect to my psp? inside the planex wireless utility, there are 2 profiles which are my psp and my 2wire router/modem but when i try to connect to my psp, the connection fails? need help.. the psp ssid is PSP _AULES00851.... and the network type is ad hoc.

im confused though. i'm able to get into the online gathering hall in mhf2 when i'm connected to the 2wire connection which means my psp is connected already or no?

I had the same problem, when you connect your PSP to your Planex tool and try to connect it can't right?

Okay, so here's what I did, go to Network Connections and there you should be able to see the two connections. By default the second wireless network connects to your router. What you need to do is find Connect to Network and scroll to Wireless Network #2

There you should see it connected to the router by default. What you need to do is connect to the PSP Ad-Hoc network and only after that should you be able to connect to the Planex tool.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros, if you speak spanish, I can make the translate for you in Spanish.
gabfeo
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This should be stickied er sumthing cause it worked 100% for me. After the drivers installed I opened up kai then no more technical problems.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Added it to my tutorial along with respective credits.

Caballeros
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Darksun45230 wrote:
Caballeros wrote:

I had the same problem, when you connect your PSP to your Planex tool and try to connect it can't right?

Okay, so here's what I did, go to Network Connections and there you should be able to see the two connections. By default the second wireless network connects to your router. What you need to do is find Connect to Network and scroll to Wireless Network #2

There you should see it connected to the router by default. What you need to do is connect to the PSP Ad-Hoc network and only after that should you be able to connect to the Planex tool.

yup, there are 2 connections which are local area connection and the wireless network connection 2wire320 which is the planex one yes and the only wireless network connection. im lost after "What you need to do is find Connect to Network and scroll to Wireless Network #2

There you should see it connected to the router by default. What you need to do is connect to the PSP Ad-Hoc network and only after that should you be able to connect to the Planex tool."

inside the planex utility, do i need to switch to AP mode or do anything?
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can find the Connect to Network when you right click on the Connection Icon in the tray.

When you click on Connect to Network you will see a new window appear that is something like this:

Code:
Wireless Network (the one you might use for internet)
-SSID1 (IF you are connected to the internet wirelessly this one will be connected)
-PSP SSID

Wireless Network 2
-SSID
-PSPS SSID <--You must connect this one

Sometimes the Wireless Network 1 and 2 are in different order so you need to watch which one you are connecting. And the Planex program stays in Station Mode.

Caballeros
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i finally managed to get my computer to connect to my psp but the problem doesn't end! kai still doesn't detect my psp Sad

here is what i did:

1. turn on psp.
2. load monster hunter freedom 2, switched on wlan switch and went into online gathering hall.
3. connected computer to psp
4. start kai
5. kai doesn't detect my PSP!!@#$

i'm feeling so pissed but no matter how, im gonna get my psp detected!! of course with your help.. thanks a million

*** wait a moment ( a few min later of typing the words above ), kai detected my PSP!! what in the world.. will update again

FINALLY, i was able to play my 1st ever psp game online with kai with monster hunter freedom 2. but 90% of the time i try to play a game online with kai, my PC hangs! sometimes when i plug in the planex adapter it hangs, sometimes i start kai it hangs.. try to quit also hang.. i bought a 2in1 gold plated charging and data transfer usb cable and it also causes my PC to hang most of the time i plug it in..

someone told me that my PC is too slow? but these are my PC specs which i think is decent:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Motherboard: Asus P5B
Graphics Card: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Memory: Kingston 2 x 1GB DDR2 667
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Storage: Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Western Digital 500GB
PSU: Blue Storm 500W
LordDhampire
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

too slow my ass
LopinRD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOL Sry guys XD never really played online after i got it working, and my wifi board toasted, now im back and saw all the progress Very Happy NEAT Now i ownt have to go by all that hazzle again Very Happy Thx guys (Yo there caballeros =D)
Caballeros
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi there Wink

to Shiroregano: have you found the final solution? i think this thread should be a sticky or at least use the info found here and create a new one.
chua_b3nji
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi there.

my com is using vista too. i was damn happy when i discover abt the method on how to install the gw-us54mini2w. however my happiness is short lived.

i installed the window vista ver.3.0.20. after that i select the compatability tab under the properties of the window ver 1.2.2.0, i select the window xp serive pack 2.

afterwhich i install the the window 1.2.2.0. however i did not know how to do the 'THEN Force install the drivers that come with the XP setup (Install the XP setup and in Program Files/Wireless/WinXP/ theres the .inf Driver files, then just Update Drivers, click choose myself the drivers, Have Disk and go into that folder and get that .inf)' thingy.

nvm, anyhow, i still managed to install the window 1.2.2.0.(during the installation, window mentioned a few times that they didn recognise the programme but ask whether to install anyway). btw, i'm not usign dual-os system meaning i'm not using xp n vista at the same time.

then came the shitty part. the com did not ask me to restart.

when i put in the gw-us54mini2w, the com was unable to install the software, thus my adapter is undentified. on my toolbar, there's a big cross on the white square saying the planex lan card not existing.

also,' PSP Xlink Mode shows in Device Manager under PCI GW-US54Mini2' didn't work for me. in the device manager, under the adapter icon, there's was a exclaimation mark. i tried to update the driver, disable, uninstall, all to no avail.

finally, i uninstall both windows ver 3.0.2.0 n 1.2.2.0.

however i suspect something went wrong wif the uninstallation. cuz' after uniinstalling, i still see the planex wireless utility in my start menu n the white square box in my toolbar.

now, when i reinstall the window versions again(using the same method as above), the com still cannot update the driver. on the white square box, there is still a cross, meaning the com still fails to recognise the adapter.

help is greatly appreciated. btw, i'm not really a I.T savvy. but i'm open to suggestions. and if you're willing to guide me step by step, all the more welcome. thanks in advance.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Caballeros wrote:
hi there Wink

to Shiroregano: have you found the final solution? i think this thread should be a sticky or at least use the info found here and create a new one.

I wouldn't call it a final solution. It may not work on some people.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic