FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Cannot detect console-SOLUTION!!! for Xbox360 View next topic
View previous topic
azazell86
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in the same situation as many of you but I've tried and tried and finnaly I've come up with a solution.
1.Start xbox360
2.Start Kai-press the globe icon
3.Go to the console's Network Settings/Edit settings/Additional Settings/Advanced Settings/
4.Now delete any alternate Mac Address you have,press Start then Done
5.Test media settings it will say that it's Wired but probably won't give you a IP
6.Go back to Advanced Settings/Alternate Mac Adress and input your personal xbox360 mac(It's on the bottom left of the screen it's called Wired Mac Adress)
7.Test media connection again.(no IP found probably again) at this moment probably Kai(witch you have left open has detected your console)
8.Input the Mac Adress(the one you deleted on step 4) witch gives you an IP and can connect with your PC(test Media Connection- IP found)

I hope this works for you too.
Greets from Azazell86

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For some people you must remain at step 7 and input your IP gateway subnet mask and DNS servers manually.
So.......only the MAC(the one that belongs to the console the Wired MAC address one) remains for the Xbox 360 the rest of the information:IP gateway DNS servers, comes from the previous MAC( so you will be able to connect to your PC and Kai will still be able to detect your console)
If you change your Mac to the previous one kai will not detect the console Sad

P.S>This works on bouth static IP and routable IP

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i't works !!! thank you dude. I hope one day we can play together Wink
azazell86
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm happy that I could be of assistance.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All I get is PC Selected : Failed !~\

Over and over Sad
azazell86
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell me your network configuration........how is your xbox360 connected to the PC(router,switch,2 network cards).And from where do you get your internet(from a firm,private network,normal internet service provider)
How about you try this:Use my soution until step 7(meaning using your alternate Mac adress as the same as your wired Mac adress from the console)and after that at the Ip DNS and Gateway settings manually use the same info on your console as on your PC but at the IP setting put a bigger number ex:your PC IP:89.105.11.4 then put your xbox360 IP:89.105.11.5.The rest of the info remains identical to your PC(meaning DNS Gateway etc)Oh for the Xlink Kai program to work you must have Windows Media player 11 installed.Then open media player 11 go to library(next to the Now Playing button)Media Sharing../Share my media to:Everything that you PC detects.
This should work

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use DHCP mode,so when i test the media connection,it get IP and always successful,but still no console found in kai...
I'm sure I follow your step,and tried many times, sitll no console found.
make me crazy.... Shocked
azazell86
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Install media player 11(crack it etc if you do not have a original Windows)go to libray/media sharing../check the "Share my media to".. box and the go to settings and allow any device trying to connect to my PC.
Then to my steps the go to media music on your console and try to listen to music from your own computer(it will find it and connect to it)
At this moment kai will detect your console when you enter a sys link game and press join/find game..

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i already found the console,and played COD4 on kai. thanks anyway!
i used a wireless connection with PC and Router,and a wired connection with Xbox360 and Router at first. After changing the wireless connection to wired connection,my probelm solved. Amazing.....
A|R[A|R]
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My 360 is connected to my pc with direct lan. All the settings ( ip, subnet, gateway) are setted.
When i'm on the fourth point i see that i don't have an alternate mac addres. Then i cant delete anything.
Probably i 'dont understand some point of your solution, but it doesn't work.
Please help me.
azazell86
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A|R[A|R] wrote:
My 360 is connected to my pc with direct lan. All the settings ( ip, subnet, gateway) are setted.
When i'm on the fourth point i see that i don't have an alternate mac addres. Then i cant delete anything.
Probably i 'dont understand some point of your solution, but it doesn't work.
Please help me.

Just enter at the alternate mac adress the wired mac adress of your console.And at basic settings manually enter your PC setup exept the IP that must be different at the last set of numbers ex: PC Ip:86.105.11.112 then enter at your console basic settings IP:86.105.11.113

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

azazell86 wrote:
Install media player 11(crack it etc if you do not have a original Windows)go to libray/media sharing../check the "Share my media to".. box and the go to settings and allow any device trying to connect to my PC.
Then to my steps the go to media music on your console and try to listen to music from your own computer(it will find it and connect to it)
At this moment kai will detect your console when you enter a sys link game and press join/find game..

im able to share the music from my pc, but kai still cant detect the console

so weird be trying for days so far
azazell86
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thread is 1 year old Smile
But I'm happy to say that in Romania I've gathered a 114 gamers in a small comunity(probably the biggest using Xlink Kai as a means to play in multy) that plays thru xlink kai Smile It's great Smile
I could post the necesary steps to properly connect the x360 to xlink kai via a switch or a router but I'm not gonna translate it in english.
But If anyone has problems PM me and I'll try to help you in any way I can Very Happy

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah , i tried to play with you guys , but your ping is always 31ms , so i can't play with you .
BTW , i'm from the Netherlands .
I played with many dutch people on Xlink Kai , they always have a ping of 15ms .

Your ping is 31ms , so just 1ms above the limit . Damn .

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic