FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 OK kill me I'm a n00b. View next topic
View previous topic
raid517
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I read about this application on Xbox-scene. But I suffer from the double affliction that I am both an Xbox and a Xlink Kia n00b. anyway I installed it on my PC, not knowing quite what to expect - and all appeared to go relatively smoothly.

But the question is, now that it's installed, what do I do next? When I launch the application I am presented with what looks like a Ms Messenger type window. But all this does is sit there, and I have a kind of graphic at the top of it (a green rotating type circle) that says 'Looking for Kia engine'. However whatever it's looking for it never quite seems to find it - as this graphic just seems to hang indefinately on the message 'looking for Kia engine' (I don't mean the application hangs, just that the graphic never appears to indicate that the application has found what its looking for). Is it lookin for a server and can't find one? If so how do I tell it where to find a server?

The way I read about this, this application was capable of networking any networked games together - regardless of the platform. Is this true? Because really that would be a major boon for Lan gamming if I could network some consoles with a PC (providing they were all playing the same game of course) and have inexpensive and easy to configure lan parties with my friends. I mean, it would be cool if for example I could play a networked game of Hitman Contracts on my PC - while my friends played on a Lan using their Playstations and Xboxes. Is this what this software can do? Or have I misread it?

Really I think before I get ahead of myself, just need to know how to get this application connected. I read the FAQ, but it wasn't quite a step by step setup guide.

Any help you guys can offer in just getting me up and running would be very much appreciated.

GJ
whopper
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok..

1st, make sure the connection between yr PC and Xbox works..
2nd, install KAI Evo 7
3rd, register yr X-Tag at the site..
4th, configure yr firwall to accept all EXEs in the KAI app directory
5th, start KAI and login.
6th, go into Arena mode with the globe, browse yr way in to the preferred platform and game.
7th, start yr XBox with the game picked and choose MultiPlayer, system link and search for games..
8th, if there's anyone hosting yr game of choice, voila.. go for it..

Good Luck..
Meanman
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Then i pic system link and join it just stands searching...It don't conect to a server i think what could i do to make it work? Question Question Rolling Eyes
whopper
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Meanman wrote:
Then i pic system link and join it just stands searching...It don't conect to a server i think what could i do to make it work? Question Question Rolling Eyes

Try to host a game and see if someone joins you instead.. if you click the KAI performance icon in the top right corner you should see yr Xbox.. do you do that ?
DarkVamp
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

whopper wrote:
Ok..

1st, make sure the connection between yr PC and Xbox works..
2nd, install KAI Evo 7
3rd, register yr X-Tag at the site..
4th, configure yr firwall to accept all EXEs in the KAI app directory
5th, start KAI and login.
6th, go into Arena mode with the globe, browse yr way in to the preferred platform and game.
7th, start yr XBox with the game picked and choose MultiPlayer, system link and search for games..
8th, if there's anyone hosting yr game of choice, voila.. go for it..

Good Luck..

thx god for Your help ! No it works for me Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic