FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Having trouble- help please View next topic
View previous topic
VincenteFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, first of all, I'm pretty sure that at first when checking if it was working as per the directions after setting up xlink, I'm pretty sure I saw the "psp detected, configuration successful"or whatever it says. However, after then following the screenshot guide instructions, it now says it doesn't detect any consoles.

I'm also not sure if my computer can connect to it but not xlink or if its both of them... I'm not sure how to connect the computer in the first place. I have it connected to the internet via cable and wireless card set in a little adhoc network I made, but I'm not sure how to have it connect to the PSP or vice versa.

Edit: Kai will now detect the PSP again, so I got that part fixed, but I dunno what to do beyond that, and after a couple minutes (or it may be triggered by trying to enter certain arenas or something, I'm not sure) Kai kinda shuts down and I get a "ÿou are unreachable- check port forwarding" message.

I'm not completely sure how to do that... I've looked at the guides for it but am kinda confused. When I click on the "Xlink Kai Config" thing it just opens xlink kai.. and you can see that the command path thing its following is the same as if you highlight the "Xlink Kai" bit, so it doesn't open the configuration menu I see in some of the guides. I also downloaded the port forward program thing but am not sure what to enter there. I'm connected to my college's wireless internet. So.. I'm not sure what to do.

Update: I've now gotten the config menu to open via run command and typing it's path in manually. I set it as instructed in the topic about port forwarding (though with my IP/DNS info), xlink Kai's info after you hit the little magnifying glass still says unreachable but under engine some numbers are happening which I'm not sure existed before. However, it still eventually kicks me off and gives me the unreachable, check port forwarding message, and I am unable to afaik due to the aforementioned issue.

I don't know if that means I can't do it, or if I need to figure out my school's router info/if its possible or something, or if I don't actually need to port forward but there's something else I'm not doing or what.. hence the request for help.
VincenteFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

prease?
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After forwarding goto arena mode and your network reachable should goto yes if you forwarded right.
VincenteFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah.. I think I might be having trouble with the forwarding though.. but am not sure what to do about it due to what was mentioned in the first post.
(-TU-)-Mortj109-
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

did you goto arena mode by clicking the globe upper left hand corner after you forwarded? Cause your network wont go reachable un;less you do that.
{E-KK|Shiroregano
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Señor presidente!

Perhaps some kind of firewall/antivirus?

I know I sometimes get these kinds of errors due to my pc lagging though.

VincenteFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah. And arenas and stuff appear, but it sitll says "reachable: not yet" and subsequently closes with the message that I am unreachable and to try port forwarding.
VincenteFox
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Señor presidente!

Perhaps some kind of firewall/antivirus?

I know I sometimes get these kinds of errors due to my pc lagging though.

Kudos for knowing where the name came from.

And no, I've tried turning those off.

I think the key lies in the port forwarding business.[/i]

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic