FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Some weird stuff is going down here. Help needed. View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, I'm trying to play against people in Armored Core: Nexus. Ok, I am using a Linksys Wireless B-Router with 4 ethernet ports in the back. The PS2 and my computer are connected with the ethernet ports. The router's serial number is BEFW11S4 V4.

Alright, I can connect to kai. My PS2 can be found successfully, I can get into the arena room and people can see my ping (70-110 depending on the people). Our consoles can interface and we can get into the map selection area. Sometimes it craps out there. It'll give me "connection error" or "the number of connections changed." After that it boots me back to the title screen. Usually I get past the map screen and we can pick our ACs. Whenever I load my data and get into the garage things are ok. Half the time though, when I select my AC and hit O to exit the garage I get one of those two error messages. If not there, it happens when the other guy picks his AC.

If I get past this stage, I can make it to start game. It'll say wait a minute then either give me those error messages or go to a black screen. When it's at the black screen it'll try to load for a min and give me the error messages again.

This has been going on for awhile. The performance tab says the ps2 is config'd and conected successfully. I have port 30000 forwarded on my router for udp only for this computers IP. I have xlink kai configured for normal use, except that the regular port is set for 30000. The deep port is still 0. I also have blocked the PS2's Mac address, I think. If it's the address that pops up above the ps2 configed correctly message, then yeah I used MAC filtering on the router.

Still, it refuses to let me play online. I have looked around on the forums a little, but I don't really know how to set up my router for a static ip. As for software firewalls, I have none. The windows xp2 sp2 one is disabled and that whole "sp2 will block ports that fail 10 times" shit has been fixed (it's now set to like 103055305 or some other big number).

Anyway, assisstance would be appreciated.
qube
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same exact, and I mean exact problem. Everything is exactly the same, linksys router and all(except I have the WRT54G). I second that request for help. I am glad I'm not the only one.
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

qube wrote:
I have the same exact, and I mean exact problem. Everything is exactly the same, linksys router and all(except I have the WRT54G). I second that request for help. I am glad I'm not the only one.

Heheheh. I'm betting it's a damn linksys thing. My router truly earned her reputation as queen bitch of the universe. Something about being angered at everyone and thing that connects to it and doing weird things like "Oh..so you wanna host a wc3 game, and have all the ports fixed correctly, and you did it right once already...well..NO MORE FUCKER!!" Seriously..it'll work right for one game there, if we are all using different ports, but then it'll crap out next game. 'Course I could join games just fine..it was just hosting. Weird thing. Oh well, all I care about is getting the xlink thing to work.
qube
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if we were to update the firmware, it would solve the problem?

I don't know, but the main thing is that we need help.

Please, anyone, help Crying or Very sad Shocked
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe, I updated my firmware but it didn't work. Of course, Kai DID work today. It rocked. Qube, you might need to filter the ps2's mac address and also forward port 30000 for the udp for your ip only. You also will need to make sure that the kai deep port thing is at 0 and that yer connection isn't super shitty. (That only comes from when yer in game..I was playing elusive and his connection was really bad. Still could play, but lag lag lag.)

Qube if my router worked..yours should work too or it's the cable that's the problem.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well we are glad that one of you has the problem fixed. If either of you still need help let us know where you are at.

With the lag, you will see on the main page that on Oct 16th we will launch our latest and greatest update which will reduce lag.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I saw that. On the 16th most of my problems should be gone. I think my cable has finally stabilized too. It was screwed up from francis and jeanne, but now it's working pretty good.
qube
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yeah, I tried filtering the mac address of the ps2, but I don't think I did it correctly. Could you or somebody else elaborate further. I really want to get online.

And thanks for replying SS-Funk
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Eh. Take back what I said. Now it's not working anymore. What the hell.
MagusDraco
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok yeah..the update didn't fix anything. It might be my isp. I can't make enough sense of this other then "we encrypt packets..."

15. Can other Road Runner users see the data I send and receive?

No. To protect our users, Road Runner's cable modems are designed to deliver data packets only to the address that has been assigned to your computer. This prevents the interception of data packets that any user sends or receives. As an added precaution, all data sent and received by our users' cable modems is encrypted using 56-DES technology.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use RR from Florida and I do not have any problems with running Kai. I also have a cheap 30 dollar D-Link router that I connect with. No problems there either. Confused

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm...I dunno then. May really just be my router. Or hell it might be this fucking laptop. I'll try it out with my bro's comp later today.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic