FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Next Update for Kai View next topic
View previous topic
(-TU-)-Corndog-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

really there might not be a update since the Constructon of Xlink 1 started with many things that people want and dont want

the only bad thing about it is that they only work on X1 in there spare time i would work on it but im not really permitted to work on it i usally just customize it my self like gamer showed me to make my name and text and shiz like that look like a Admin Color

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

to me that is the problem, y dont the coders work on these few nice and requested updates, bc x1 needs to be re-scripted from java to c++, i mean how come the coders work on the beta that needs the recoding and not the program used by many? Crying or Very sad

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The ping kicker is a bad idea being that everyones ping spikes and then they get kicked.

Maybe instead of a ping kicker option you let the host set a minimum ping for the arena before anyone is allowed to join. This way you wouldnt have to worry about spikes near as much because almost any spikes would be coming from the occasional in game play instead of someone with a high ping jumping in either before or during a game. If you go with a ping limiter you cut down on a lot of the problems with lagging game play.
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We do appreciate all your comments and ideas, but when updates are out, or there is news, we do tell you.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[DC][)ragonfire wrote:
to me that is the problem, y dont the coders work on these few nice and requested updates, bc x1 needs to be re-scripted from java to c++, i mean how come the coders work on the beta that needs the recoding and not the program used by many? Crying or Very sad

If I am understanding you correctly, you are asking why XLink is focused on the elusive X1 when Kai is already functional and can be tweaked with new features. It's a good question.

XLink strives to be the universal solution for all platforms and all languages. Kai is very much entrenched in Windows. The orbs are Windows only and the non-windows clients/UIs have not kept pace with the Windows releases. Furthermore, support for many languages (eg. Chinese/Japanese/Korean) are not supported by Kai and would require a complete rewrite.

X1 strives to solve all these issues by having a single source base that compiles and runs on all platforms while using a browser-based client that has been developed with internationalization from the onset.

On the support end, it's unreasonable to expect our moderators to have access to every operating system and every client variant in order to help out users. X1 eliminates these support issues because the client looks and behaves the same no matter what type of computer you are running or what language you are using.

X1 is not about adding the next killer feature to an existing system. It's about providing a solid system for the world to play on.

-p

PSP Guru
PSP Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

my idea of getting javakai to run on a 360 just got shot down because i can run X1 on my 360 but further progress to make java work, ill continue on it

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic