61%
 61%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 39

Revenge2K
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:
Damn I can see that you enjoy going against the popular consensus, always shittin' on the party...
(...)
The Marketplace, which includes all demos/downloads/trailers... who the f*ck needs that to hook up with their best buds and play a fun game of ghost recon/halo 2 whatever they want for free?

Unified Network --Kai isn't unified? oh you're right, it's not a unified network at all, it's an AWESOME unified network...

Movie Rentals
--wtf? it's called netflix, or mustering up the energy to turn the key in that ignition and drive down the road to your local blockbuster...
(...)They're the powertripped ones, not us...

You left out the game updates and E3 content and event coverage, etc. I mentioned.
I don't enjoy going against the population, I only state the truth and give my opinion based on facts.
Fact is... as far and feature wise... XBL has kai beat hands down.. i'm not going to sit here and be delusional and say Kai is better when it isn't how i feel.
Kai is good for mods but the updates and constant flow of new content is giving Live a HUGE edge, especially with big events.
And by the way I meant unified for the fact that the interface is pretty much set with your friends list and gamertag already made and set.. and also your profile being set and unified with the games... kai/xbox1 games you have to make a different profile for each game and 360/Live your friends list and profile are set and constant throughout every game with Live.
Plus Kai has the hurdle of 360 support really (it's pretty much unplayable for most) which leaves kai in a bind to support this generation period (besides PS3) with the 360 being the dominant HD/online console this generation for the hardcore market.
I dont state things to purposely go against the tide.. i state the TRUTH and the truth isn't pretty at times.
No offense but kai needs to man the turrets before MS sinks this ship.

Also once again I said I'm just the freakin' messenger and on top of that they said llnk was the shit (until his connection went downhill).
I'm pretty much done with this so peace for now.
SnafuPossum
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was notified about this thread so I figured I would check it out.

Revenge2K wrote:
XBox Live by a longshot... marketplace, unified network, movie rentals, trailers in HD and E3 content, new game updates and content along with game demos and previews.
Live beats kai by a longshot hands down.

Live users also have some buzz about kai (from kai users) and some people say how they hated the corrupt kai staff and are surprised kai hasn't shutdown by now. (yes people openly say the majority of kai staff isnt fair and powertripped)
i'm just the messenger though.

Live wins by a longshot however due to better service and content.

I would have to agree with the corrupt kai staff, that is why I have completely moved to xbox live now as the staff, is not well setup and there are some who arent supose to be anywhere near the leading end of a place like this (not to mention, I have tried to have a serious conversation with some and have been blown off, not to mention even thrown into quarantine once for it). Since the 360 has come out, kai has turned into a place of young kids that havent been able to talk there parents into paying $50 every 13 months to play online. 90% of the people that where fun to play with have left in the past year. Live is not full of little 13 year old kids talking about how big there puebes are like most non-live users beleive. Yes you will find them every once in a while, but you will find them on kai every once in a while as well, that is why you play with your friends on kai and you can do the same on live. In matter of fact, the only time I ever play on live is when I am playing with a friend and I just mute everyone else. By the way, why isnt psn a option? I would say that psn is the best out of all 3 that I have used, i just wish I had more time to play PS3, but because of its location in my house, I do not have much to bearly any screen time on it.

(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
No offense but kai needs to man the turrets before MS sinks this ship.

This quote bothers me...Here is why I believe it is false:

You might have the general impression that such a large corporation like Microsoft could easily "sink the ship" of a less popular gaming community.

But you are forgetting that XLink Kai is a FREE community, therefore no money is involved, and therefore we are not competing with any other companies, which means that our "ship" can never be "sunk" by any of those who make profits.

Sure, they can take away a few of our users by restricting ping limit on a popular console, but do you honestly think that this is going to phase us? We got a psp community larger than the xbox community ever has been!

You see, Kai is unique. It's not funded by money, it's funded by dedication, love, care, and support. And you can have all the money and power in the world, you can monopolize, you can crush the world of small business/companies, but one thing you cannot crush is a Global Community upheld by the care of its administrators, moderators, and users.

And this is why XBL is absolutely no match for XLink, making this poll ridiculous Wink

-Kove

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
(-TU-)-Corndog-
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:

You see, Kai is unique. It's not funded by money, it's funded by dedication, love, care, and support. And you can have all the money and power in the world, you can monopolize, you can crush the world of small business/companies, but one thing you cannot crush is a Global Community upheld by the care of its administrators, moderators, and users.

-Kove

And thats make it show not only can this be sunk but i can never be Bought by a BIG company, Lets say Microsoft wanted to buy Kai well it wouldn't be sold unless the TheDaddy wanted to be a Millionaire but his Love and Dedication to Kai would overpower the Grudge for money that he wants

Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-|iTs|-Jonnybrav wrote:
Revenge2K wrote:
(yes people openly say the majority of kai staff isnt fair and powertripped)

Sounds like banned crybaby noobs to me.....

I've seen you and heard you say that certain Admins are on power trips...

Funny...

XBOX Live...Easily.

More users, more games played, easier to get a game going.

___

Kai's PSP community is over 7 million? Didn't know that....

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(-TU-)CorndogLets wrote:
Microsoft wanted to buy Kai well it wouldn't be sold unless the TheDaddy wanted to be a Millionaire but his Love and Dedication to Kai would overpower the Grudge for money that he wants

You couldn't be more mistaken. In his last act of good will and generosity toward the community, TD gave the source code, domain name, and all XLink assets over to the Team itself. No single person 'owns' XLink or Kai--it belongs to the Team and the users. But should things be different, there is no doubt in my mind TD would turn down any offer that would be made to him.

---

I think very few Kai users truly understand how much time and, to be blunt, money Team XLink donates freely because of our passion for the community. Sure, there are no membership fees, but you will also notice that there are no banner ads, solicitous emails, or commercial advertising anywhere on the site or the client software.

Each orbital uses about 60 GB per month of bandwidth per month and the main server uses about 1.5 TB per month. This doesn't include the cost of off-site backup storage. Look up premium co-location hosting on the net and crunch those costs yourself. Then ask yourself, who pays for this? The answer is simple: the members of Team XLink do.

Now ask yourself, what's better: a trip to McDonald's for a cheap Big Mac or a free homemade burger off the grill at a BBQ at a friend's house? Team XLink does not have the resources to compete with bland yet consistent conglomerate fare. Our offering is for subtler tastes of community-minded individuals. So, welcome to the BBQ. Don't forget to bring your own lawn chair. While you are at it, bring a case of beer or some potato salad to share.

-prestige

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ill Bring the Vodka.
Revenge2K
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:

But you are forgetting that XLink Kai is a FREE community, therefore no money is involved, and therefore we are not competing with any other companies, which means that our "ship" can never be "sunk" by any of those who make profits.
(...)
We got a psp community larger than the xbox community ever has been!

I understand there's a PSP community.. however Nintendo DS has the market cornered in handhelds...
unless sony comes out with another handheld the PSP will eventually be phased out.
PSN is an option (to Bohica).. and it's free... so there's really no need for kai except when PSN goes down.

The ship comment... i hope you're not saying this community cant be harmed when NOTHING lasts forever. Honestly, this being a free service leaves Kai VERY vulnerable to underfunding. (without ads and completely team supported) Which also means someone could do something serious and wait kai out until it collapses if something catastrophic happened.

anywyas i think i'm pretty much done with this thread.. just sharing my opinion.. merry christmas everyone.
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You put the quote in bold, but you still failed to read it fully...I never said we couldn't be harmed. If you truly believe that the community can collapse, then so be it, but you would be absolutely wrong to say that a company who profits from their online service, such as Microsoft, can "sink our ship".

That's what I'm getting at, we cannot have our "ship sunk" by any of those who make profits. They cannot compete with us, because our service does not involve profiting at all. Is it possible for us to be harmed? sure, but we would be harmed by the "metamorphosis" of the console generation, caused by a change in time and our lack of technological advancements to keep up with the current state, not harmed by any large corporation. Large corporations compete with other corporations, of which XLink is not.

The fact that we all give a sh*t gives us the win by default, whether we die out or not, which I don't see happening in the near future.

-Kove

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
[SH]Halooos
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well whatever but in my opinion kai is better Smile
Revenge2K
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:
You put the quote in bold, but you still failed to read it fully...
(...)
They cannot compete with us, because our service does not involve profiting at all.
(...)
The fact that we all give a sh*t gives us the win by default, whether we die out or not, which I don't see happening in the near future.

-Kove

okay for the first statement you're crossing into the area of insults... and i failed to read nothing, you can not say i failed to read anything because you did not witness me read it. Razz
the 2nd statement... if you don't think they're competition then honestly i don't know what to expect because i see them as competition since kai and XBL are both in the field of online play/service. If another business model can convince people it's better and to pay for it, then customers will buy and go there. Tap water is free in a sense, (included with your daily bills) but people would rather buy it in a bottle these days. (when they already have water running in their house... people already have internet and kai is included but it seems some people would rather pay for XBL)

and the 3rd statement... yay! lets go for a lazy win!

I'm going to go have some hot chocolate.. happy new year everybody!
-|iTs|-UrADink
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Revenge2K wrote:
(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:
(...)
They cannot compete with us, because our service does not involve profiting at all.
(...)

-Kove

okay for the first statement you're crossing into the area of insults... and i failed to read nothing, you can not say i failed to read anything because you did not witness me read it. Razz
the 2nd statement... if you don't think they're competition then honestly i don't know what to expect because i see them as competition since kai and XBL are both in the field of online play/service. If another business model can convince people it's better and to pay for it, then customers will buy and go there. Tap water is free in a sense, (included with your daily bills) but people would rather buy it in a bottle these days. (when they already have water running in their house... people already have internet and kai is included but it seems some people would rather pay for XBL)

Dude....people do not already "have" the internet....there are hundreds of thousands of people without internet....wtf? And even hundreds of more thousands that DO have internet, that know nothing of Kai, so how is Kai "included"? People are FED Xbox Live due to things they see on tv, hear from friends, etc. So therefore, the VAST majority of people are not even aware of Kai's existence. Furthermore, your analogy of bottled water to tap water was quite horrendous....how can water be a competitor to itself??? Neither tap water nor bottled water is free, they are both things you have to PAY for. Not the case with Kai.....

Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see once again you come in a thread to take a shot at me since you have a childish grudge or hate routine.

yes people already have internet... not everybody in the world has water if you want to be silly and put it like that.. there are thousands of people thirsty and starving to death in poor countries.
People are FED Ozarka water through what they see on TV and hear from friends on how it tastes.
Kai is included because it's on the internet and it's a program you install and run on the internet.

Neither the internet nor XBL is free. (making kai not truly free since PCs use electricity and broadband connections costs money)

Kai = tap water
XBL = bottled spring water

Just because one is free doesn't mean more people will drink it...

See! I can make that silly argument too!

Hot chocolate here I come!
-|iTs|-UrADink
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your whole argument here based on the concept that "Because Kai is free, it should be better than Xbox Live which you have to pay for?"

I sincerely hope not. And no more comments about someone coming to "take shots" at you....believe me, you are of no consequence to me at all, Rolling Eyes and never cross my mind at any point during the day. I am simply responding to a post I see on the forums, and it happens to be by you.

Watch out hot chocolate, here comes Revenge2k! Laughing

PSP Guru
PSP Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

run ... RUN HOT Chocolate Laughing
-|iTs|-Bk_BLeSS
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this whole thread went from talkin about XBL and Kai to talkin about Chocolate Razz

-|iTs|-UrADink
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rico's a thread hijacker....LOL

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hot chocolate is good Very Happy

Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Revenge2K wrote:
(-TU-)Kovert-xX wrote:
(...)
(...)

-Kove

1) your responses indicate that you don't fully read what is provided, or that you don't absorb material very well...that's what i was getting at there

2) You and your friend are going to ride bikes from point A to point B. You say, "hey I'll race you"...he says "no I don't really want to race, cuz I know you'll win, and/or I don't have the energy or resources right now to kick your ass."

-- and You are still going to call that a competition? You are going to reach point B first and say you beat him? Lame... takes 2 competitors to compete bud.

3) The only time I drink bottled water is if I'm not at the house and I'm thirsty...and normally I just grab a bottle of Dr. Pepper at your local gas station. It tastes better, so does Kai's community essence...

4) I haven't insulted you once this entire thread, if you have taken offense I apologize and will furthermore oblige to your sensitivity.

5) Do not accuse any of our users/moderators/admins of having a grudge against you when they are simply responding to a thread with their arguments against your opinion.

6) Nobody said Kai is expected to attract more people because it is free, that would be false to say, and yes, Microsoft is pulling in millions of people, many many more than Kai, but you still cannot say that Microsoft and XLink are competing, because we aren't. It is not an opinion, it is a fact. We do not ask for money from our users, and are not competing with those that do.

PS you got a little suttin' suttin' on your chin I think you spilled your Swiss Miss...

EDIT:: let's try to stay on topic here guys so this thread doesn't get locked, I think that the arguments provided in this thread are healthy and beneficial, and it should be kept alive as long as possible...

prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Revenge2K wrote:

Kai = tap water
XBL = bottled spring water

Just because one is free doesn't mean more people will drink it...

Unless I am misunderstanding you logic, you seem to imply that the quantity of consumption is a direct gauge of the quality of an offering. If that were true, we could say Big Macs are better than sirloin steak because more Big Macs are consumed daily.

I would argue that the superiority of the Kai service is in its niece offering. By necessity, Kai players need a minimum level of computer skills to even use the service. Kai is not widely advertised and new subscribers are generally introduced to the service through friends which has helped Kai grow as a genuine home grown community. In my view, it is Kai's exclusivity that makes it a superior gaming conduit when compared to off the shelf / turnkey solutions like Live.

Of course, most people want quick and easy service without having to get their hands dirty with installing software, running computers, or muddling with router settings. Kai is a poor option for quick and easy types and they are not our target demographic.

More to the point, this entire thread is a bit misleading because it presumes a game tunnel service like Kai is somehow a competitor to direct console Internet services like those offered by Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft. In truth, these are very different things as Kai is more of a VPN solution for bridging local network game traffic traffic over the Internet whereas a service like Live involves consoles connecting directly to one another over the Internet.

If the difference is not immediately clear, consider this: Kai is designed to allow LAN-specific games (system link in Microsoft parlance) to be played over the Internet. Live allows XBox [360] Internet-specific games to connect directly to one another. That is why many different console platforms work over Kai but only Xbox [360] systems work on Live. This distinction makes the point of this thread somewhat moot. You might as well ask which is better for playing PS3 games, Kai or Live? The question doesn't make sense because they are two different things entirely.

-p

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic