FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 ZD losing all network connection View next topic
View previous topic
Dumah_lok
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok im not sure if this is the right place to post this so sorry.

anyway i got my wifimax on friday and set everything up fine Smile no problem there . but every so offten it can be anything from 10mins to 3 hours after i get goin ZD no longer can find any connections and when i press refresh all the available networks are blank ,so then my psp no longer connects to xlink Sad here is a pic of it

The only way ive found to get it working again is to uninstall ZD then reinstall iit but this is getting very annoying now having to do it again and again Evil or Very Mad
so i would like to know of anyway that can help me fix this annoying problem

Thanks
ZackVixACD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes this happens a lot. ZD tends to "Ping out" if I can say that. BUT there is no need for you to reinstall it at all.

A solution that works fine for me is as follows.

Usually, next to the ZD icon in your toolbar (where the time is), there is a computer with some waves; it is the icon that shows the status of any wireless connection.

If you see that you are unable to see anymore connections by doing hitting the "REFRESH" button, just RIGHT-CLICK on the "Computer with green waves" and choose "REPAIR"

Once you do that, WINDOWS will renew your ip etc.. etc... it might also display the message "WINDOWS couldn't repair it" but that's fine. After the repair is done, try hitting refresh again. You should see all available connections.

Smile there no need to reinstall at all.
There is also another way to solve it, but let me know if this worked for you

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ZackVixACD wrote:
Yes this happens a lot. ZD tends to "Ping out" if I can say that. BUT there is no need for you to reinstall it at all.

A solution that works fine for me is as follows.

Usually, next to the ZD icon in your toolbar (where the time is), there is a computer with some waves; it is the icon that shows the status of any wireless connection.

If you see that you are unable to see anymore connections by doing hitting the "REFRESH" button, just RIGHT-CLICK on the "Computer with green waves" and choose "REPAIR"

Once you do that, WINDOWS will renew your ip etc.. etc... it might also display the message "WINDOWS couldn't repair it" but that's fine. After the repair is done, try hitting refresh again. You should see all available connections.

Smile there no need to reinstall at all.
There is also another way to solve it, but let me know if this worked for you

Thanks Smile i will give that a try next time it does it.
Dumah_lok
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry for double post Smile but its been a day Wink

anyway i just tryed that and it didnt work Sad so whats this other thing i can do?

Thanks
ZackVixACD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm wait.
Remember when you repair your connection and you want to be able to see the PSP id (PSP_AUL_SOMETHING_SOMETHING) and since it is obviously MHF that you are playing. You will need to Stay in the Guild hall when you are doing the repair, otherwise, you won't be able to see it.

And once you have done repairing, (stay again in the guild hall) and "re-kai". Which means close and reopen kai.
Once again, stay in the Guild Hall the whole time.

Try it one more time Razz

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ZackVixACD wrote:
Hmm wait.
Remember when you repair your connection and you want to be able to see the PSP id (PSP_AUL_SOMETHING_SOMETHING) and since it is obviously MHF that you are playing. You will need to Stay in the Guild hall when you are doing the repair, otherwise, you won't be able to see it.

And once you have done repairing, (stay again in the guild hall) and "re-kai". Which means close and reopen kai.
Once again, stay in the Guild Hall the whole time.

Try it one more time Razz

still dont work Confused i did find a way to get it working again without much effot tho , when i got pissed off with the repair thing not working i just disabled the connection and after that it worked Laughing Very Happy

what this the other way u was talkin about?
ZackVixACD
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oh yeah the other way. (sorry I didn't answer you earlier)

This method works for me every time ZD "loses all network connection" or when a "refresh" won't display any.

I simply choose "More Settings" then choose "CHANGE"
then I choose another channel and delete the SSID in the SSID text field. Then hit "APPLY"
After doing that, for some reasons beyond my comprehension, ZD gives me the SSID of all available wireless connections.
Furthermore, I don't need to rekai when this works Razz

Other people use a brute method when ZD acts like the "repair" method. They Disconnect and reconnect their wifi max (physically pull it out of the USB port). I am not very fond of that method, but as you can see, it all boils down to "DISABLING" and "RE-enabling" ZD.

When you do a repair, what windows does is Disabling and re-enabling your adapter. It essentially does the same thing you are doing by hitting "Disable" ... so it seems a bit weird that when you choose "repair" it doesn't work.

anyways good luck :p

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic