FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Problems connecting to games in Top Spin View next topic
View previous topic
PPD_DK
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a port-forward? Nope, but tried forwarding 3074 and 3000(i think)
Is your console being detected? Yes
Brief description of your network setup: My Xbox is connected to a D-Link 704P router which is connected to my PC. And my cable internet connection is ofcourse connected to the router
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? No, i dont use any software firewalls.
Operating System? Windows 2000 professional
Problem description? I am having trouble connecting to games in Top Spin. I can see the games, but when i try and connect, it says something like "Game session is no longer available", which i know for a fact is not true. I run the game on a unmodded NTSC XBox and i am also connected to Live, so if there is any content/patch, i will probably have downloaded it. I managed to play a game of PGR 2 via KAI the other night, so i am thinking this may be a game specific thing?

kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=LOCAL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=0
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PPD_DK wrote:

Problem description? I am having trouble connecting to games in Top Spin. I can see the games, but when i try and connect, it says something like "Game session is no longer available", which i know for a fact is not true. I run the game on a unmodded NTSC XBox and i am also connected to Live, so if there is any content/patch, i will probably have downloaded it. I managed to play a game of PGR 2 via KAI the other night, so i am thinking this may be a game specific thing?

Your problem might be because you have live updates for this game. If this is the case your version of the game could be different that the one you were trying to join. Try another game if you have one like Halo or Rainbow Six 3 and let us know if that works.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanx for the answer. As i wrote in my first post, i managed to connect in PGR 2, so i will have to try a few other games and if they work, i guess it must be specific problem with Top Spin then...
taz
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PPD_DK wrote:
Thanx for the answer. As i wrote in my first post, i managed to connect in PGR 2, so i will have to try a few other games and if they work, i guess it must be specific problem with Top Spin then...

Topspin has a ping limit that only allows you to connect to players that have a ping lower than 120ms (i think)

Also as funk stated there is a live update for this game this could also be that problem, anyone with the Live update will be unable to connect to anyone who dosnt have the live update.

There are ways to remove the update, but I do not know how it is done, and i beleive it would require a modified xbox to do this.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, definately sounds like a Live content issue. Setting as problem solved, as you can obviously play PGR2 online Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic