FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Busted DVD Drive won't stop me playing View next topic
View previous topic
AngelsCircle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My DVD drive recently started showing unplayable disk error on all and every games dvd collection so it prompt me to go silver and not to renew my xbl to gold yet until my unit is not fixed.

Here are the list of several system link enable demo games I found from marketplace just to keep me playing:

FarCry Predator
GRAW 2
Splinter Cell Double Agent
American Army

*These are UBISoft games, I wonder why they love including system link option in their multiplayer downloadable demos in marketplace?

If you know some more system link games available in marketplace, please kindly post it and thanks in advance.

BTW, I found out that it is not the magnet and It looks like the lens or motor that have problem reading my games. I miss playing my GTA4 online in my way getting that AUF Petrovic achievement.

I am 1st and only in Philippines to own a Limited Edition UnModified Kasumi Blue Xbox w/ Kasumi Pillow
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's also a bunch of original xbox games on marketplace though some of them don't work very well with xlink, I'd suggest just getting your 360 fixed
-SA-[TT]
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's if you still have your warranty still valid if it isn't then you'll have to find out what DVD drive you have to find out if its fixable by a simple screw adjustment. If you tell me what DVD drive it is i might be able to tell you if it is worth taking apart that's if your warranty is isn't valid.

AngelsCircle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

warranty is no longer valid after I opened it up thinking it was only the magnet that needed to be fix but after observing the drive how it works, it stop reading in the middle of the start up read.

here are the picture of my drive:

I am 1st and only in Philippines to own a Limited Edition UnModified Kasumi Blue Xbox w/ Kasumi Pillow
dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The dvd drive on my 360 has begun to play up. the other night it would not read any media (games, dvd`s, audio cd`s) i was almost about to order myself an xbox elite, when i just gave it a bash with my fist, and it started to work again.

Morale of this story "if in doubt, give it a clout" Wink

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ouch that hurts Smile

Maybe I will give it a try bashing it also and if not I might just buy a poor soul's dvd drive who lives near by that recently just bricked his dvd drive logic board in attempt to mod it.

-Atlas
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
The dvd drive on my 360 has begun to play up. the other night it would not read any media (games, dvd`s, audio cd`s) i was almost about to order myself an xbox elite, when i just gave it a bash with my fist, and it started to work again.

Morale of this story "if in doubt, give it a clout" Wink

I wouldnt even dream of bashing my xbox :/

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched a youtube video on how to fix that problem and i found out that what causes this is dust getting into the motors main shaft of where the spindle that holds the disk in search on youtube or something for a tutorial on how to take off of the back electrical board should be like 3 screws then once taking it off you see the motor that's when you pull it out enough so you can get the spindle piece off so you can clear the grease then re grease it with like WD40 just a little though and was known to fix it.

Edit here ya go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OirWV6Q_YM
The first part where he shows the magnet being used don't do it just skip to the part were he takes apart the backing of the motor

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So once again i had the unplayable disc error. had a search around and spoke to a few people who pointed me to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo2c2x8idjc

tried it, and it works!!

before you even attempt to open it up to check the magnet, try the thick paper method first.

Cool

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
So once again i had the unplayable disc error. had a search around and spoke to a few people who pointed me to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo2c2x8idjc

tried it, and it works!!

before you even attempt to open it up to check the magnet, try the thick paper method first.

Cool

Nice find but I already opened my xbox and saw the lens keeps stop lighting in the middle of the read so this thick paper method would not probably work with my drive.

Btw, So bashing the xbox do not last long ehhh Laughing

dukeuk76
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope it never lasted long, i was almost ready to give up and buy a new one, rather then spend money getting MS to fix it, and be without my 360 for x amount of days. But the thick paper method works fine for me. Razz

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

duke_uk wrote:
Nope it never lasted long, i was almost ready to give up and buy a new one, rather then spend money getting MS to fix it, and be without my 360 for x amount of days. But the thick paper method works fine for me. Razz

At least, you figure it out that if the thick paper method works then it is the magnet that gives you that unreadable error. There is a tutorial how to fix that magnet problem too in youtube Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic