Art|
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your network reachable? Yes
Are you using a port-forward? Yes, 30000 to my pc
Is your console being detected? Yes
Brief description of your network setup:
Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? I got a D-link DI 604, it does have a firewall setup but I don't think it block anything.
Operating System? WinXp sp1
Problem description?

Everything looks ok in KAI but when my friend sets up games(It works for him) or when I try to join other games I can't see them on my xbox.
I got a speedtouch ADSL modem connected to my DL 604 router. Port forwarding port 30000 to my pc.
I tested with Rallysport 2 and Top Spind, haven't found many other games to test with.

[KaiUserConfig]
kaiPort=30000
kaiDeepPort=0
kaiAccept=LOCAL
kaiTimeout=NOUI
kaiNIC=1
kaiLaunch=BOTH
kaiHomebrew=OFF
kaiPAT=OFF
kaiAutoLogin=ON
kaiAllowBadNICS=OFF
kaiWireless=
kaiUI=Default

I worked whit this problem for days now and I feel kinda stupid Smile
Got a feeling this is a little problem. Hope someone can give me a few tips on what I can try
to fix this.
[FUNK]
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you tried it with out the port forwards? And is PAT selected in the Kai config?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-Funk wrote:
Have you tried it with out the port forwards? And is PAT selected in the Kai config?

I have tested it with and without port forwards. PAT is also of atm, but I have tested it with having it on.

Done alot of testing together with my friend today. Reinstalled my nic drivers, tested with another computer, registered a new user on KAI and done alot of testing with my router setup, but my xbox will not find any games...

Going to borrow a DL-804 router tomorrow to see if that helps. I'm so out of ideas for what could be the problem atm...
SS-CybrPunk
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm curious as to how your speedtouch ADSL modem is configured. It is possible that it is configured as a PPPoE device itself, and that it's also performing NAT functions.

On the status page, within your routers configuration it should state the connection type, IP address, subnet mask and gateway address. What does yours read?
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have a look at this http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2893 and see if that helps / applies.
Art|
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SS-CybrPunk wrote:
I'm curious as to how your speedtouch ADSL modem is configured. It is possible that it is configured as a PPPoE device itself, and that it's also performing NAT functions.

On the status page, within your routers configuration it should state the connection type, IP address, subnet mask and gateway address. What does yours read?

I will look into what I can do with the speedtouch modem, don't think there is much becuse I got it with a standard setup.
If I remove my D-Link and connect one of my computers right into the speedtouch modem (it only has one connection) I get a 193.217.243.*** ip.

After work today I will test with that other D-Link model also and update my post with new info Smile
TheDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Everything looks ok on your setup - if the Network Reachable goes to "Yes", and you get your console detected - not a lot else can go wrong.

We've seen problems caused by stuff like Norton Anti-Virus - and other stuff like that though..

I recommend trying a few more games with people - could just have been unlucky.. if that doesnt work, find me on MSN some time in the evening GMT, and I'll try to give you a hand.

TD
[SaD]TizzO
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Art| wrote:
SS-CybrPunk wrote:

I will look into what I can do with the speedtouch modem, don't think there is much becuse I got it with a standard setup.
If I remove my D-Link and connect one of my computers right into the speedtouch modem (it only has one connection) I get a 193.217.243.*** ip.

After work today I will test with that other D-Link model also and update my post with new info Smile

I have a Speedtouch modem too (also got it with a standard setup) and mine is performing NAT functions itself indeed. This caused my problems at the beginning, router was forwarded ok, but I didn't forward the port to the IP my modem assigned to my router.
When in your modem configuration screen, can you choose 'advanced settings'? If so, check to see if something there says 'NAT' or something like that.

-tz

Killing peeps since '03
Art|
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheDaddy wrote:
Everything looks ok on your setup - if the Network Reachable goes to "Yes", and you get your console detected - not a lot else can go wrong.

We've seen problems caused by stuff like Norton Anti-Virus - and other stuff like that though..

I recommend trying a few more games with people - could just have been unlucky.. if that doesnt work, find me on MSN some time in the evening GMT, and I'll try to give you a hand.

TD

If you got time to help me with this problem please add me to your msn contact list Smile
Still having problems here. I got a new D-Link router now, same as my friend but I still can't see the games on my xbox.
I don't know how I can look into the setup on my speedtouch becuase it dosen't have a ip that I can connect to.
DIE-HARD
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wink actually it does have an IP. Almost all cable/dsl modems have a private IP you can access them from

Art|
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well well just got outrun2 and I am finding games on my xbox Very Happy
Don't really know what did fix it. Maybe I just been unlucky Smile
Thanks for all the tips Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic