FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 I have read http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t View next topic
View previous topic
MassiveMastadon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ITT, I'd like to address [tHc]hicaow...

I don't think that I stated anywhere that my issue had anything to do with ping.

As a matter of fact, I know that I didn't specifically indicate that I had any problem outside of obviously being less intelligent/capable than the 1.something million kai users who have no problems playing, not to mention your friend's 8 year-old who has no problems playing halo everyday.

I will elucidate and maybe you, or another user can help...

I open up kai, I click on the globe, I go to xb0x 360, then fps, then call of duty 4 and then I try to join a guy's game who is 20 kilometers from me as the crow flies. We both ping at about 20-26ms.
Here it gets fun, regardless of whether he creates a game or I do, neither one of us can joing each others' game...
It awaits connection for 4 seconds and then we get a message that says, "error: unable to connect to host".

Here is what my configuration looks like:

Here is what my Diagnostics Mode shows me:

Now, I am pretty sure this is a simple little problem that has been addressed over 9000 times here on this forum, but if anyone can help, I would gladly pass this information on to about a dozen or so Spanish-speaking friends who are also not able to enjoy the service that kai provides due to the fact they they, like myself, are not as capable as your average, garden variety child.
Hell, even a link to the thread that I should have found on my own would be of great help.

I can provide any other info/screencaps that you may need to help me finger this out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you or any other members can provide.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I know that I didn't specifically indicate that I had any problem outside of obviously being less intelligent/capable

that's why i locked that thread , it was a rant about nothing.

that connection error is most likely still ping. 30 is not an exact number , its just what was common in testing. try other games. try halo2 for the original xbox.

you are able to see games in the system link window ?

disable any firewalls you may have to test as well.

find more people to play PS2 and GC on kai at www.onlineconsoles.com ... www.ps2onlinegaming.com
MassiveMastadon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the fast response hicaow.

I should have also stated that my internet connection (modem) is connected to a linksys voip router (rt31p2), from there it goes to a linksys wireless router (wrt54gs)I am using a wireless notebook connected to my xbox.

telephone line>modem>rt31p2>wrt54gs>wireless notebook>xbox

I know this is not the best way, but it's the only way that I could do it, since I am not a network admin.
I'd like to figure out how to connect directly so that I get a better ping, but for now, it would be nice to just be able to join a game.
After that I will worry about getting a more efficient setup.

The Diagnostics Mode tells me that it recognizes my console I think, it shows my MAC address...

I get a different IP on the kai UI than on my xbox, could that be part of the problem? Would I need to bridge the connections like when I want to download WaW map packs from outside the US?

I disabled my firewall and it still won't work.
Yes, I can see other players in the System Link lobby, but I can only get low pings with local players, so I don't even try to enter those games.

I have to wait a few hours for these guys to get home before I try again, because I can only get a ping below 30 with them.

Thanks again hi.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, nothing we can do to make it work.

Some folks are just not capable enough for this service...

All's good though, thanks for the help, but I for one will just go do the thing that is easier, I don't really care where 4.95 a month go, even if I did have to buy a new xbox to play again.

Like i said M$ is god... and for good reason...

You guys enjoy, it was a pleasure.

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your problem may be the wireless notebook, try hard wiring it and it may work.
FAOS
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

MassiveMastadon wrote:
Thanks for the fast response hicaow.

I should have also stated that my internet connection (modem) is connected to a linksys voip router (rt31p2), from there it goes to a linksys wireless router (wrt54gs)I am using a wireless notebook connected to my xbox.

telephone line>modem>rt31p2>wrt54gs>wireless notebook>xbox

I know this is not the best way, but it's the only way that I could do it, since I am not a network admin.
I'd like to figure out how to connect directly so that I get a better ping, but for now, it would be nice to just be able to join a game.
After that I will worry about getting a more efficient setup.

The Diagnostics Mode tells me that it recognizes my console I think, it shows my MAC address...

I get a different IP on the kai UI than on my xbox, could that be part of the problem? Would I need to bridge the connections like when I want to download WaW map packs from outside the US?

I disabled my firewall and it still won't work.
Yes, I can see other players in the System Link lobby, but I can only get low pings with local players, so I don't even try to enter those games.

I have to wait a few hours for these guys to get home before I try again, because I can only get a ping below 30 with them.

Thanks again hi.

1-lo primero que debe hacer es conectar todo mediante cable.
2-lo segundo que debe hacer mirar que ningun programa este bloqueando el kai,pruebe desactivando el firewall de windows, si no le aparecen juegos asi,pruebe desactivando el antivirus, si su antivirus es nod32,este puede ser el problema, algunas versiones del nod32 bloquean el kai, entonces quite el nod32 y instale el antivirus Avast es un buen antivirus y no bloquea el kai.
3-si a un persiste el problema y usted trata de unirse a un juego y le dice que a perdido la conexion con el servidor, es probable que se ha por que el anfitrion tiene una version del juego diferente a la suya,esto se debe casi siempre cuando esos usuarios han jugado Live y sus consolas y juegos son actualizados automaticamente por ese motivo cambia la version, debe probar con algun usuario que tenga su misma version del juego y su mismos sistema que en su caso es el NTSC.
4-o pruebe jugando Halo 2 no tiene limite de ping y si puede jugar bien en halo 2, el problema suyo es con los juegos exclusivos de 360 es o el limite de ping o la version del juego o el sistema que usa debe jugar con los q tengan su mismo sistema NTSC.
FAOS
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ya resolvio su inconveniente?

Last edited by FAOS on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
MassiveMastadon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[1up]Stickey wrote:
Your problem may be the wireless notebook, try hard wiring it and it may work.

Thanks for the suggestion Stickey, but believe it or not, I am just not savvy enough for this, I only started playing FPSs online three months ago and I am 38 years old, oldnoobs should just find other hobbies.
Thanks again.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[FLdS]_FAOS wrote:

1-lo primero que debe hacer es conectar todo mediante cable.
2-lo segundo que debe hacer mirar que ningun programa este bloqueando el kai,pruebe desactivando el firewall de windows, si no le aparecen juegos asi,pruebe desactivando el antivirus, si su antivirus es nod32,este puede ser el problema, algunas versiones del nod32 bloquean el kai, entonces quite el nod32 y instale el antivirus Avast es un buen antivirus y no bloquea el kai.
3-si a un persiste el problema y usted trata de unirse a un juego y le dice que a perdido la conexion con el servidor, es probable que se ha por que el anfitrion tiene una version del juego diferente a la suya,esto se debe casi siempre cuando esos usuarios han jugado Live y sus consolas y juegos son actualizados automaticamente por ese motivo cambia la version, debe probar con algun usuario que tenga su misma version del juego y su mismos sistema que en su caso es el NTSC.
4-o pruebe jugando Halo 2 no tiene limite de ping y si puede jugar bien en halo 2, el problema suyo es con los juegos exclusivos de 360 es o el limite de ping o la version del juego o el sistema que usa debe jugar con los q tengan su mismo sistema NTSC.

Hola Faos. Gracias por su ayuda, pero realmente no tengo condiciones de conectar mediante cables, como dije arriba, soy viejo y acabo de empezar a jugar estos juegos en linea hace unos meses.
Se que tendría que hacer esta conexión, http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/quickstart.php# Setup A: Cable / DSL Router

Pero la verdad es que si no me funciona de un modo, es probable que no va funcionar de otro (tampoco entiendo como mi compu que tiene kai podría reconocer el xbox si no están conectadas en red de alguna manera). Yo hable con pila de gente y no conocí ningún Uruguayo que haya podido jugar en kai con un xbox 360, algunos pudieron con el viejo xbox (no 360).

No tengo Halo 2 para probar, yo solo juego lod COD, y desde que salio el nuevo, no hay nadie jugando los otros en kai...
Y mejor que esto, yo soy tan desgraciadamente tarado que no tengo condiciones ni de bajar el boot disc para el MW2 para poder jugarlo, jajaja.

Gente como yo no debe destrabar sus maquinas, los que no son hackers genios deben hacerlo bien, yo aprendí bien esta lección.

Capaz que espero hasta que algún conocido mas sabio que yo aprenda como se hace. Igual me quedan 24 horas hasta que este devuelta jugando en LIVE.

Le agradezco muchísimo por su ayuda, sos muy amable Faos.

Saludos

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic