FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Yu Gi Oh 5D's Tag Force 4 View next topic
View previous topic
Tofu951753
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How does this work on kai?

I just tried connecting with someone and we can't connect, we can see each other and join groups, but as soon as it hits the loading screen, it stops

The host will have a change in ssids, but the guest won't be able to find a new one, so i'm not sure how this works

Does it use a code like Tag Force 3 to get it to work?

Can anyone who has gotten this to work on kai plz tell me how they did it?

And if it uses a code, can u plz post the code too?

It would help if there were instructions in the arena like the Dissidia arena
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tofu951753 wrote:
How does this work on kai?

I just tried connecting with someone and we can't connect, we can see each other and join groups, but as soon as it hits the loading screen, it stops

The host will have a change in ssids, but the guest won't be able to find a new one, so i'm not sure how this works

Does it use a code like Tag Force 3 to get it to work?

Can anyone who has gotten this to work on kai plz tell me how they did it?

And if it uses a code, can u plz post the code too?

It would help if there were instructions in the arena like the Dissidia arena

It seems this game has a ping restriction. How high was the ping you shared with your partner? If it requires SSID swap, try to make it automatically for both using the same guide for Dissidia:

http://teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:dissidia

Actually, this game, among many others, is not popular on Kai: people barely play things which are not called Monster Hunter. That is why it does not have in depth instructions like the ones of the Dissidia arena.
Tofu951753
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

there's a ping restriction? so does that mean my partner must have a low ping right (low ping meaning better connection)?

and i'm not sure it required ssid swap, but i do know that somehow the host will find the new ssid and the guest cannot
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tofu951753 wrote:
there's a ping restriction? so does that mean my partner must have a low ping right (low ping meaning better connection)?

and i'm not sure it required ssid swap, but i do know that somehow the host will find the new ssid and the guest cannot

The lower your ping is, the better the connection is. Games which eat much Ram on the Psp, like Tekken DR and Tekken 6, have a ping restriction: you will not be able to connect someone whose ping is too high. But I am not sure a card game eats Ram indecently so it might not be about that.

You said "new SSID" so I guess you meant there is a two? A first one which makes you connect to the equivalent of the lobby in Dissidia(=Host SSID) and an another one you got while the connection is preparing(=Dynamic SSID; exactly the same as in Dissidia once again). But in your case, only the host has the dynamic one and since the guest is not able to get it, it times out.

I suggest to make SSID swap automatical for both of you and see what it gives.

http://teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:dissidia (first method)

The guide was made under Xp but it is also possible to do it on others Windows operating systems: try to dig into the settings a little bit to find the equivalents.
Tofu951753
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

alright, so it turns out there is a code and a ping restriction for this game

here's the code u need to play it on kai

_C0 Kai SSID Kotei
_L 0x2052E180 0x69477559
_L 0x2052E184 0x00344654

this code is for app cwcheat

anyway, with this code, u won't need to swap ssids and it'll be able to connect

the ping restriction is around 170+, might be a bit lower too
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tofu951753 wrote:
alright, so it turns out there is a code and a ping restriction for this game

here's the code u need to play it on kai

_C0 Kai SSID Kotei
_L 0x2052E180 0x69477559
_L 0x2052E184 0x00344654

this code is for app cwcheat

anyway, with this code, u won't need to swap ssids and it'll be able to connect

the ping restriction is around 170+, might be a bit lower too

Thanks for adding it one time again. Servers encountered issues for those last days and your message got lost by the way.

I will report it as a welcoming message for that arena.
Lazar42
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can You explain it 4 noobs - how to use CWcheat? Plz
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lazar42 wrote:
Can You explain it 4 noobs - how to use CWcheat? Plz

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:yugioh_d_s_tag_force_4
Sir_Aggelos_GR
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i managed to play today(yugioh TF4) with a guy from japan with different versions of the game.I had the eng version while he had the jap version.no problems.
This cw cheat works for tag force 3 and other games or i have to find a version for these games?
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sir_Aggelos_GR wrote:
i managed to play today(yugioh TF4) with a guy from japan with different versions of the game.I had the eng version while he had the jap version.no problems.
This cw cheat works for tag force 3 and other games or i have to find a version for these games?

Thanks for the report.
Did you have to use the CWcheat's code given previously to play?

As far as I know, tag force 4 is the only game which requires you a CWcheat's code.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

As far as I understand it, the code given above by Tofu951753 will only work for this game, you will need to find different codes for other games.

Quote:
As far as I know, tag force 4 is the only game which requires you a CWcheat's code.

There are a couple of others Naro that I know of (for info): Ace Combat X, Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 3 and Patapon 2. All these games are theoretically playable without the SSID locking codes but it does make it a heck of alot easier using them.

Does anyone know how to find SSID locking codes using the CWCheat App? Or can point me in the direction of a tut. that explains how you find them?

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used CWcheat a japanese player send me.I suppose is one of the files you have.I dont update to a new version of CWcheat because it might not play after that.
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk_The_Slayer wrote:
There are a couple of others Naro that I know of (for info): Ace Combat X, Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 3 and Patapon 2. All these games are theoretically playable without the SSID locking codes but it does make it a heck of alot easier using them.

another method i've heard of using cwcheat (or any cheat engine for that matter) is to simply use it to "pause" the game long enough for others to swap their SSIDs to yours. do this by bringing up the cheat menu while your psp is waiting to accept connections. this can help some connect certain games that dont have SSID locking codes made yet.
Fybra
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't succeed to play tag force 4 on kai. When I host connection lost at versus screen while if I try to join connection lost before versus screen! What I have to do? Help me please!
Fybra
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fybra wrote:
I don't succeed to play tag force 4 on kai. When I host connection lost at versus screen while if I try to join connection lost before versus screen! What I have to do? Help me please!
Can someone help me please? I'm sure that I can't host because the cwcheat code that you have posted it is only for JAP version of tag force 4. I need a USA or EUR code for automatic SSID swap. Help Please!!!!
Sir_Aggelos_GR
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YES we cant play with different verisons of the game.It loses connection.Whereas i can play with jap-eng version with no problems.How can we gix this is there a way to do it?
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sir_Aggelos_GR wrote:
YES we cant play with different verisons of the game.It loses connection.Whereas i can play with jap-eng version with no problems.How can we gix this is there a way to do it?

you need a cwcheat code to host a match. the one listed here is for the JAP version only thats why you can only play with Japanese right now. I'm working on a code for the US version though and it will be posted as soon as its done.
Mufalmar
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

you can't play tag force 4 on xlink without a custom firmware? That's rediculous. What exactly is wrong with this game's online play that doesn't allow it to work with a regular firmware? (Cuz i have the latest firmware on my PSP and use the TF4 UMD, cuz i'm not a jackass who downloads games and bankrupts companys >_>)
Mini_Mog
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mufalmar wrote:
you can't play tag force 4 on xlink without a custom firmware? That's rediculous. What exactly is wrong with this game's online play that doesn't allow it to work with a regular firmware? (Cuz i have the latest firmware on my PSP and use the TF4 UMD, cuz i'm not a jackass who downloads games and bankrupts companys >_>)

tell 'em why you mad, son Smile

lol anyways, you have to remember these games were never designed to play over the net. So the game in fact does work with OFW but you need to play in person. So there isn't anything for you to complain about.

If you want to play on kai, you'll need someone who has CFW to host for you.
dredknot
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mufalmar wrote:
cuz i'm not a jackass who downloads games and bankrupts companys >_>)

not to mention we aren't all "jackasses who download games", some of us just want emulators, apps, and custom themes.

also there are MANY people who just like to play their UMD's from the memory stick for increased load speeds, ease of portability, etc etc. Don't generalize insults, its kinda like when you ass|u|me things.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic