Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And Kai got summed up in seven steps.

Thanks for that mini guide, it is reported. Smile
RnSDragon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried everything in this guide. I enabled PSP Xlink Mode, but it still didn't work. I port forwarded Kai, and tired again. Still not reachable. I went to the planex wireless utility, clicked on "PSP_AULUS10391_L_MHP2Q000", then clicked "connect". Apparently, that had worked. It said it was reachable and my psp was connected. But when i got into a room, no one was there and even though I could see pings of some other players, they said I was still "establishing". I read on the wiki on how to set up a static IP and tried doing that. I was successful, but when I tried xlink kai again, it said the network was unreachable. I changed everything back to before I set up the static ip, and now it still says network unreachable. What am i missing here?

I tried to show everything I did in this picture.

Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RnSDragon wrote:
I tried everything in this guide. I enabled PSP Xlink Mode, but it still didn't work. I port forwarded Kai, and tired again. Still not reachable. I went to the planex wireless utility, clicked on "PSP_AULUS10391_L_MHP2Q000", then clicked "connect". Apparently, that had worked. It said it was reachable and my psp was connected. But when i got into a room, no one was there and even though I could see pings of some other players, they said I was still "establishing". I read on the wiki on how to set up a static IP and tried doing that. I was successful, but when I tried xlink kai again, it said the network was unreachable. I changed everything back to before I set up the static ip, and now it still says network unreachable. What am i missing here?

I tried to show everything I did in this picture.

You do not have only to make your Ip static: you have to portforward as well.

Just get beyond the Ip static's step from the guide you followed.
RnSDragon
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I port forwarded the static IP i made and it still wasn't working. The image is when I had switched everything back to where I had gotten a signal.

I set the static IP back up, I port forwarded it again, and it still wasn't working. I then noticed that my GW-US54Mini2W is labeled GW-US54Mini2 in the network adapters list. Its definitely a 2w though. Looks like it and says it on the box. And whenever I try to connect to my psp via windows, it says "identifying" for a while, then "Unidentified Network". When I go back to advanced properties on it, the network type is switched back to "Infrastructure". I would set it to ad-hoc before.
I installed the drivers to "program files x86". Does that effect this?

Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RnSDragon wrote:
I port forwarded the static IP i made and it still wasn't working. The image is when I had switched everything back to where I had gotten a signal.

I set the static IP back up, I port forwarded it again, and it still wasn't working. I then noticed that my GW-US54Mini2W is labeled GW-US54Mini2 in the network adapters list. Its definitely a 2w though. Looks like it and says it on the box. And whenever I try to connect to my psp via windows, it says "identifying" for a while, then "Unidentified Network". When I go back to advanced properties on it, the network type is switched back to "Infrastructure". I would set it to ad-hoc before.

GW-Us54Mini2 does not exist as an adapter.

http://www.planex.net/download/wireless/gw-us54mini2.htm

They called it in that way because GW-US54Mini2W and GW-US54Mini2G have the same drivers

You have to set the network type as adhoc for your Planex.

Quote:

What do you mean?

I checked Lee's guide once again and you should not have any problems when it comes to connect your Psp to your adapter.

Portforwarding does not affect it at all: that part is only between your router and the Internet device (cable, wifi card...) of your computer.

If your Network is unreachable then you miss portforwarding.

Be sure of what you are doing before switching your settings no matter what.
LeeAsakura
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is your psp ad hoc set to channel 1?
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LeeAsakura wrote:
Is your psp ad hoc set to channel 1?

Actually, Psp's channel does not matter if you use a Planex.

It does when you are using a Wifi Max or any other adapter which has a channel option in its utility.

For example, if you set Zydas as channel one , then you, your opponents and yourself, have to set your Psps in channel one as well whatever if they use Zydas or not.

Since Zydas has channel one set by default, then that latter had been chosen as a standard for Kai while it is not that important: you can still play on Kai with two Psps in auto using two Planex.
Madoif
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This guide works amazingly well except my psp disconnects from the adapter after about a minute.

-edit, I was able to successfully play using this guide, but I had to keep pressing connect on my psp signal very often to stay online with my friend.

-edit2, I went into network connections, right clicked on the GW-US54Mini2 connection, and manually connected to the psp and it has stayed connected in planex since before this edit.
bluedemonde
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

does anyone have the link to the set up guide for a gw - us54 mini2w planex driver for windows xp?
Flowless
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Madoif wrote:
This guide works amazingly well except my psp disconnects from the adapter after about a minute.

-edit, I was able to successfully play using this guide, but I had to keep pressing connect on my psp signal very often to stay online with my friend.

-edit2, I went into network connections, right clicked on the GW-US54Mini2 connection, and manually connected to the psp and it has stayed connected in planex since before this edit.

can you explain exactly what you mean, its kinda vauge here (around edit 2) and I'd like to know how you permanently fixed this, as I am having the exact same problem about the game dropping connection after a few seconds.
Dawnriser
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i follow this guide, but i keep on dc from kai... what happen?

I got this message....

Communications between the UI and Engine appear to have stopped responding. Is the engine still running? Please refresh your web browser to proceed

Can any one help to solve this thing?
SL-Soulegion
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have the same card but it doesnt work for me either. im trying everything i can atm :v
bakanico
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LeeAsakura wrote:
http://teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:gw-us54mini2wwindows7

followed the guide.
I'm running on 64bit windows 7.
after installing ralink the option to enable still not showing up
in the list.

what should I do? did I miss anything?

Jump to: