FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Lost Planet 2 system link does not work . View next topic
View previous topic
netjerseth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Update :

The Lost Planet 2 Arena will be closed because the system link option does not work . After 2 Title updates Capcom still doesn't fix the system link option . Once the system link option has been fixed the arena will return .
If you want to test the system link option with a new TU , then you can do so in another arena .Edit by Michael.

Hi again ^^,

Netjerseth here,

Plz admin close my other thread about the arena for LP2 Wink

Well first of all i feel compelled to congrats you guys for the awesome and fast work about adding an arena for this awesome game, i had it asked yesterday night and just to see the arena already added there, you guys work really fast, and really do a good job so first of everything CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU for your hard work and good will about listening to me ( and everyone on the forum, proud users of the xlink kai program).

But i do need to say one thing now, i couldnt connect with my brother just right now, i see the arena, rushed to call him on phone and so we tried but couldnt see each other on the lobby inside the game, i also noticed the LP2 arena doesnt have any country in it, its just the plain arena is this normal?

If you guys are still fixing the LP2 arena right now, im really sorry about asking this stuff ( which is probably why we couldnt connect right now)
Both my brother and i live in Brazil we are constantly using xlink for games like Gears of War both 1 and 2 we finished using your system on system link ( worked wonderfully no laggin at all not a single lag)

So are you guys still setting the arena up? ( i noticed also that LP2 arena, doesnt have any pic on it yet so that made me think you guys are still setting it up)

Well anyways thx on the wonderfull and hard work for us, keep up the excellent good job and i will be bringing as many xbox 360 users i can to our wonderfull community.

Really anxious to play LP2 with all of you ^^.

Thx a lot

NetjerSeth
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The arena should be working, it just doesn't have an image yet. We tend to only add countries inside if the game is very popular.

EDIT: Image added.
netjerseth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry but i just tried with my brother just right now

and it isnt working... it just try to find a person online and then after 2 seconds it creates a gaming session of its own.

I have tried on campaign mode and also multiplayer mode ( both use system link) and havnt reach a connection with my brother yet.

Essentially its all perfect for x-link, we configured it perfectly hence as i already told ya, we have been playing Gears of Wars together with no lag at all.

Its like its still not being able to make a "bridge" connection between me and my brother on his home.

His ping for me ( and mine for him) is 16- 20. 25 max

We should have been able to play with each other as in other games, but still cant see each other on the lobby on campaign mode ( neither if he host or me doing the hosting) neither in multiplayer online mode ( deathmatchs modes and all that).

And im not the only one, i have been talking to ppl who were trying and couldnt connect, with the same thing as me, we try joining a session, quick or custom match ( have the other already created and waiting for us) but when we press join, it creates another room...

Plz give us a light ^^

Thx a lot in advance, keep up the good work Smile

NetjerSeth
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Odd... Sadly I have no idea what to do about that. The arena is fine... Try in messenger mode (general chat) with eachother added as friends.
[RJ-10]edutrl
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm from Brazil too.If you guys have a solution for this,please send an email to eduipod@live.com
netjerseth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi again ^^.

Well Crunch i tried with my brother on messenger mode(we have added each other of course), still not linkable.

Just tested it right now... i really wish we could fix this ASAP as i really really REALLY wanna play with him, this game is awesome and as i can see i have found another fellow country-men from brazil to play campaign with us.

Please Crunch cant you talk with more moderators and all to see if we can fix this together?

Im almost killing myself to play this game with my brother lol

After all its a highly anticipated game and system-link being brought to the fun, even more being able to play with not only 2 but 4 ppl together in campaign mode is AWESOME.

And i really want to enjoy that, i have tried everything possible that me and my brother could think of, and still cant see each other in the in-game lobby for campaign mode or multiplayer deathmatch modes...

And as you can see im not the only one that wants to play and cant link it.

Help us ^^

Razz

Thx a lot and keep up the good work and sorry for troubling you so much.

NetjerSeth

Ps: Might be a stupid question but there is the new kai version 7.4.18

can this be why we cant link to each other? he has the same version i have ( my brother that is) which is 7.3.1.7 can this be why??

Just checking ^^

PSĀ²: Ok installed the version 7.4.18 you guys are asking, and now i can see the LP2 image and all... i think that it will work now.
Will try tomorrow with my brother ( 1am here on brazil he is sleeping now)
Plz dont hate me >.< lol
CrunchBite
Team XLink Developer
Team XLink Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

netjerseth wrote:
Please Crunch cant you talk with more moderators and all to see if we can fix this together?

Everything is fine on our end...

netjerseth wrote:
And i really want to enjoy that, i have tried everything possible that me and my brother could think of, and still cant see each other in the in-game lobby for campaign mode or multiplayer deathmatch modes...

Check in the kai metrics (click the magnifying glass in kai 7.3) and make sure that your xbox has been detected, and that "Reachable" is Yes. Using kai 7.4.18 will likely help if there are problems.

netjerseth wrote:
Ps: Might be a stupid question but there is the new kai version 7.4.18, can this be why we cant link to each other? he has the same version i have ( my brother that is) which is 7.3.1.7 can this be why??

That won't make a difference, both versions can work with each other.
Michael_T
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can always try to host the game in another arena .
Barvaz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am trying to play with my friend too ... and without any luck yet
Have you worked it out ?
zip_ukraine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

problems in game, system link don't work!!!, i try connect with my friend with ping 5 ms in two mode - career and multiplayer and nothing.....
fatshanee
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's the game's problem. I change to another game(SCC) in the same room, it works fine.

Someone says the VPN works, but kai can't support this game.
LaParca
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was really looking forward to playing this with my neighbor on kai, but that's been impossible. I hope it works soon.
netjerseth
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been trying to play with my brother for a long time now lol

i think kai cant support this game yet.

I have tried everything i could to play with him, but no matter what i tried couldnt see him on lobby (campaign) neither multiplayer(deathmatch modes)

Really this is buggin the hell outta me lol, such a nice game and i cant play with him, i cant even play yet... well i CAN but i wont, i promised him i would play the whole game with him, so i cant play it alone ( im a man of my word)

I have 21 years, working and all, my brother 33, have his own firm, works a hell lot per day, married even, and still got time to want to play with me, so i cant possibly play ahead of him.

Really i wish you guys ( xlink kai workers ^^) would help us, i know it seems fine for your end, but something gotta be wrong, too many players complaining about LP2 not being linkable... and of course you would see a thread or ppl talking if it did work out for them ( but still no one said it works) you guys gotta see this, its serious.

We appreciate your hard work for us, and congratulations for being so supportive answering our questions the best possible way ( thx crunch).

But plz guys test the link yourselves its not linking yet, we all wanna play this awesome game, help us ^^.

Thx a lot for everything in advance, keep up the awesome job.

NetjerSeth
Michael_T
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can someone try to put 2 xbox 360's next to each other and put a network cable between ? Then try system link .
My bet is that the system link option only works if you have been on Xbox Live . This is another clever way from Microsoft to fight against piracy .

BTW , Bioshock 2 had the same problems , but somehow the system link worked after the release of the official version ?
Kashimus
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my friends had play lost planet 2 system link on kai, in gears of war 2 room,but another tried to put 2 boxes near to each other with and for them don't wokrd the system link..
KingOfTheHuns
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess there's a software-controlled ping limit inside the game and you can play (if you have luck) via a real system link connection (not over the internet). One of my friend have tried this with his brother and it worked. But not on kai. Sad
I think it was the problem with Lost Planet (1) too. The second release had system link option but not worked.
zip_ukraine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this game only for coop....... single with one player its sucks, capcom you are stupid wi you did that?
[UA]Blood_Omen
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, please someone mail me a letter on znishenko@gmail.com when problem will be decided finally.

PS Beforehand thank you.
wpvbalen
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Me and a friend tried connecting through xlink (messenger mode) but It's just not working. We never had connection problems with other games that support system link. I'm guessing it's not a ping issue.....
LaParca
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Michael. wrote:
Can someone try to put 2 xbox 360's next to each other and put a network cable between ? Then try system link .
My bet is that the system link option only works if you have been on Xbox Live . This is another clever way from Microsoft to fight against piracy.

Has anyone been able to try this with boxes that don't connect to xbl?

Anyone know if there's been a title update for this game on xbl?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic