No
40%
 40%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 103

Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

CFW PSP, Xlink Kai and NO dedicated wireless USB adapter?? Read on...

================================================================================================

UPDATE 5: 9/11/10

Source code files now available here:
LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

================================================================================================

UPDATE 4 - 12/9/10

After much debate on working CFW's for this plug-in, we can conclude IT WORKS ON THE FOLLOWING CFW's ONLY:

5.03 GEN-C
5.03 CFW Enabler 3.7
5.50 GEN-B
5.50 GEN-D2/D3
5.50 GEN-D3 Prometheus (Versions 1 - 4)

If you have ANY OTHER CUSTOM FIRMWARE, THE PLUG-IN WILL NOT WORK - and yes, that includes 5.00m33-6 and the recently released 5.00m33-6 Prometheus-2.

Your only choice if you want to play is to update your PSP to one of the firmware's above - there are many sites that will show you how.

UPDATE 3 - 26/7/10:

Yuki has released an update to the plug-in. From what I can gather, it's mainly bug fixes with the Bridge application in terms of 'time-out' errors. It will not rectify SSID swapping problems or make previously unplayable games, playable. For more info, check the readme.txt.

Try it if you like, either way, I'll leave the original here if you try it and it doesn't work for you.

Yuki-Mi's Adhoc to USB CFW PSP Plug-in Release:

Yuki-Mi's Adhoc to USB CFW PSP Plug-in v2:

Or you can grab all the files (including Adhoc to USB CFW PSP Plug-in v2) here: LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

UPDATE 2: 9/7/10: Compatible gamelist started here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39665

Adhoc to USB with Windows XP 32 Guide here:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39808

Adhoc to USB with Windows 7 32 Guide here:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39586

UPDATE 1: It appears METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE ADHOC TO USB PLUG-IN.
IF YOU MUST TRY TO PLAY IT, USE THE PEACE WALKER SUPPORT ROOM ONLY.

For a long time, we had accepted that Xlink Kai HAD TO use some sort of wireless adapter to connect to the PSP, this might not now be the case.

Recently, a Japanese user by the name of ‘Yuki-mi’ emailed me a plug-in that allows a Custom Firmware (CFW) PSP to connect to Kai via its USB connection ONLY, completely removing the need for a dedicated wireless adapter.

Of course, this is great news. But as with all new ‘inventions’ come inherent teething problems. After many days testing it appears there maybe restrictions on how this plug-in performs. I feel it is important to mention all results thus far:

- The several Japanese users that have been testing the plug-in generally all have pings of around 15ms to 30ms and all use Xlink Kai 7.4.18. They have reported very good results with only occasional disconnection problems.

- I tested the plug-in with two games, Monster Hunter Unite and FF Dissidia. With Dissidia, we could not get pass the match starting screen, although we could clearly see, join or host battles in the ad hoc lobby. Monster Hunter was slightly different. We could start the quest but after around a minute into it would be disconnected. This happened every time we started a quest, regardless of who was host. A contributory factor to our failure could be that our pings, unlike the Japanese, were around 80ms to 120ms.

We have made the decision to let you, the Xlink users, try this for yourselves and post your problems and results here. There are no guarantees this will work for everyone. The plug-in is open source so if any of you devs out there think you can improve on it, please go ahead!

=================================================================================================

You will need:

- Xlink Kai 7.4.18,

- a CFW PSP running one of the following CFW's ONLY:

5.03 GEN-C
5.03 CFW Enabler 3.7
5.50 GEN B
5.50 GEN-D2/D3
5.50 GEN-D3 Prometheus.

- PSP to p/c USB cable.

Yuki-mi has written a Japanese and English read me document with the .rar file detailing exactly what you will need and how to install and run the plug-in.

=================================================================================================

Before you start, a quick disclaimer:

Xlink Kai has not created this plug-in, nor do we recommend you use it. It is downloaded and used by Kai users by their choice only. Therefore, we cannot accept any responsibility for any problems or malfunctions to either Kai, your PSP or p/c that might be caused by the use of this plug-in.

A further disclaimer:

As this plug-in ONLY works with CFW PSP’s, we need to mention that ANY OTHER PLUGIN, PROGRAM, SAVEDATA OR APPLICATION that allows the PSP user to cheat online with Xlink, can and will be permanently banned. This plug-ins sole purpose is for CFW PSP users play online with Xlink Kai without the need for a wireless adapter and is in no way an advert or invitation for people to cheat during online Kai play. For further info on this, read the AUP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/disclaimer.php#AUP

Please keep the comments clean as this is a work in progress and may not work perfectly for all of you, if at all. That out of the way with,
here it is: LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

EDIT: For those of you that get the error message about a missing dll file, simply drag and drop the following file onto your
bridge.exe icon: LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by Hawk_The_Slayer on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 22 times in total
exielzero
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it works for me played MHFU 3 hrs. using psp 1k 5.50 gen-d2

edit: using windows 7
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried it with two other peeps in Dissidia, both of them were using the plugin as well, and yet again it acted the same way as in the description: white screen of death when it comes to enter the battle.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ exielzero

Thanks for posting your results, that's one success then Smile

@Naro

Maybe the plug-in can't handle SSID swapping games or maybe its the ping issue. Any idea what the two peeps pings were that were playing FF?

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The SSID swapping occurs when the connection is preparing ingame, before the character select screen. It's already done when it comes to enter the battle so I highly doubt that could be involved somehow.

First person I tried with was Jinnie whom I have with a ping of 140 ms in average. I had a higher ping with the other fellow which was 230 ms in average. And with both of them, it reacted the same as with you when we tried before while we have a ping of 100 ms.

Although, I saw Yuki in the japanese arena the other day so I guess he was testing it. Maybe he can give you more feedback.
Aerow
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I played MH 2G, PeaceWalker and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3.
PW has some bugs which shut your psp down sometimes but the others are very stable...
fullmetal20
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i tried it on my psp 2000, 5.00m33-6 at 1st my psp was picked up by kai but when i went to gathering hall (mhfu) i couldnt see anyone and everyone else told me they couldnt see me either.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Aerow,
That's the sort of feedback we're looking for, might be time for me to start making a known compatible games list soon...anyway, thanks for posting Smile

@fullmetal20
If you have set everything up right, you would be able to see people in the online GH on MHF, may I suggest you check the following:

1) All software and programs installed as per Yuki's readme text, including Winpcap and the PSP Type B software,
2) All other plug-ins are disabled on your PSP,
3) Loopback adapter is installed and selected in your Kai Config,
4) Your Kai network is 'reachable' (found in Kai Metrics) and
5) The bridge.exe is running and the loopback adapter is selected once you have entered the online GH.

Hawk.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well as for me i already tried MGSPW and MHFU and did not encounter any problems as of now.

so for me this is a great plug-in

i'm using 5.50 prometheus
CaptainFlameGuy
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've set up everything correctly, as far as I know.

the only thing left to do is to find someone to try it out with,

thing is, I only have MGSPW and no one is online in the English lobby of it.
Edit: Oh yeah, it says that I'm reachable, and my PSP's mac address shows up.

second edit: I tried connecting with someone, but I never got it to show up. When I connected to my PSP's SSID the host's room showed up, but dissappeared again because I wasn't making connection to the internet anymore which caused the web UI to crash.
Shadowindz
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm posting this on behalf of my friend who tried this out.

So the results are we played Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus for a few hours and had absolutely no problems. He's running on Windows XP and using a PSP 2k 5.50 Gen-D3

He also lives near by so our pings were in the 30s.
SHADOW-XIII
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simply awesome!
Cannot wait to try it later this week. Thanks a lot for effort in creating it.
Certainly a step up!
DivineRevelant
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i tried it with my psp 3000 with cfw enabler 3.70... the plugin workd fine after doing all the psp type b and shit... tried a bit of mhfu and i cud see ppl in the gathering hall and cud play with them

so far the plugin works fine on cfw enabler i.e m33 so thx a lot! i dont think dissidia will work.... yet... Smile
tHEdAYBREAKbOY
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MHFU worked for me 5.5 gend, this is awesome.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DivineRevelant wrote:
i dont think dissidia will work.... yet... :)

It doesn't.

Btw Hawk, you may want to add how to set a static ip to the loopback to your tut because the connection doesn't want to be fully established sometimes and remains limited. I had this error despite it didn't prevent me to use the plugin. However, I saw other people on forums which have it as well and they wondered if it can screw up so better add it to reassure them at least, since it's not sure it screws up for real.

It's like entering a static Ip for portforwarding but has to be done in the loopback's properties this time.

Yuki was testing Dissidia the other day but he didn't manage to connect since he only has the original game, not universal tuning which is used by all japanese fellows now. Thusly, I tried the original game with him but we didn't manage to connect, either with the adapter or the plugin. It was coming from his side for sure since I was able to see others. Seems he has a problem with this particular game as for now, an iso screwed or something: he was able to see others with Mh2g.

But oh well, guess if he sees Dissidia's error by himself (the white screen of death), it may help him to have some clues about how to solve it.
ghaonhao
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When i trie to play online mgspw , file bridge.exe write : write error! <FFFFFF8C , ..> usb_reap_async : timeout error . I don't know what that mind , someone help
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ghaonhao wrote:
When i trie to play online mgspw , file bridge.exe write : write error! <FFFFFF8C , ..> usb_reap_async : timeout error . I don't know what that mind , someone help

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39586

You have to follow the steps of the part VII in the exact order given by the guide.

Note that I also get an error every time I enter the adhoc's screen of my games. That doesn't matter though since it doesn't prevent the Psp to be detected and use the plugin.
ghaonhao
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How to SSID swap if i use this plugin
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ghaonhao wrote:
How to SSID swap if i use this plugin

You don't have to, it's automatical. See, someone already managed to play PW:

Chengster14 wrote:
well as for me i already tried MGSPW and MHFU and did not encounter any problems as of now.
cusadrehk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In MGS: Peace Walker I could join game but when the game starts i always get an connection error.. and then after that nobody appears when i try to search for host again..

i've used 7.3 and 7.4 kai, nothing seems to work on my MGS: PW

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic