Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

me too , how to fix this
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Try to get in touch with Chengster14 since he said he managed to play it.

In the other hand, he could also simply have seen others without having got a game with them like both of you, was glad too fast and reported that it works in this thread.

If so, then it would be an another SSID swapping game not compatible with the plugin.
cusadrehk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i hope the kai team could make it work, i would really be happy, Peace Walker is the best game ever, and i cant play it online Sad
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

cusadrehk wrote:
i hope the kai team could make it work, i would really be happy, Peace Walker is the best game ever, and i cant play it online :(

Yuki-Mi isn't TeamXlink.

But yeah, guess he is watching this topic big time or Hawk feedbacks him as often as possible. If it appears that many SSID swapping games fail, he may work on it I believe.
Zero_Shell
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well just tried it with 5.00 using MHFU and no dice. Using Kai 7.4.18,Gathering Hall 1,and Channel Automatic. No other problems were found along the way,just seems that Xlink won't pick up my PSP,any ideas?
LordAkela
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still have my old problem.

Kai says my PSP is configured correctly.
Kai says my network is reachable, if I'm in an arena only.
Yes, I have MS Loopback Adapter selected, as well as Winpcap as the packet engine.

However, I still don't see anyone, and they say my ping can't be established. My router supports uPnP so according to one of the tutorials here, I wouldn't need to forward ports.
ZX497
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm, my X-Link Kai doesn't seem to recognize my PSP at all. I have MS Loopback device running, I put Microsoft Loopback Adapter to "Network" in X-Link Kai's settings, and I have the Plugin running...bridge.exe says "USB Device is PSP. Connection OK", but for reason I can't get my PSP showing in X-Link Kai..

Any ideas as to what I'm missing? I'm running on 5.50 Prometheus and Windows Vista.

EDIT:

Looking at the Microsoft Loopback Device under Network Connections, it doesn't seem to be receiving any packets, even though I'm hosting a game on my PSP. It occasionally sends packets, but it doesn't ever receive anything...I think that's some sort of a problem.

EDIT 2!:

Managed to get X-Link Kai recognize my PSP by basically reinstalling everything, and setting X-Link's "properties" for "Compatibility Mode (Windows XP Service Pack 2), and running it as Administrator.
HOWEVER, now I'm stuck where most others seem to be: I can join a room in MGSPW just fine, but when the game is starting up, an in-game error pops up saying the game could not be started.

EDIT 3...:

Well, all of a sudden, now X-Link Kai once again just doesn't recognize my PSP, and on top of that, it says "Network: Not Yet". Getting very weird Razz

Last edited by ZX497 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
lDarkusl
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ZX497 wrote:
Hmm, my X-Link Kai doesn't seem to recognize my PSP at all. I have MS Loopback device running, I put Microsoft Loopback Adapter to "Network" in X-Link Kai's settings, and I have the Plugin running...bridge.exe says "USB Device is PSP. Connection OK", but for reason I can't get my PSP showing in X-Link Kai..

Any ideas as to what I'm missing? I'm running on 5.50 Prometheus and Windows Vista.

me too, but i have windows 7 and my PSP is FAT with 5.00m33-6 is all ok but I can't get my PSP showing in Kai

"console found" = 0
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Guys, all I can say is follow this guide and check you've done everything, and your pc/PSP shows the same info as mine did.

If after re-checking all your install set-up, post where your set-up differs from that of mine and we will try to help.

Win Vista and Win 7 32-bit Guide:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39586

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chengster14 wrote:
well as for me i already tried MGSPW and MHFU and did not encounter any problems as of now.

so for me this is a great plug-in

i'm using 5.50 prometheus

Shadowindz said the ping was like 30ms when he played Gundam with his friend.

Do you remember yours?
lDarkusl
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm running 5.00m33-6 with MHFU and dont work.. is for 5.50 only?
SpeedMachine
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not complatible to use this thing but so far but it seems it is hit or miss. What I notice is an influx of folks with this thing and their hacked firmware blending in with the rest of the users.

I'm not against the thing but it becomes problematic when folks try to blend in with it, and then when there is connection issues people are all quiet.

Maybe kai can investigate some programming techniques or something to label and detect these virtual adapters and display in the chat windows.

Well good luck with it, if it adds more gamers then thats cool.
ZX497
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think the problem with Peace Walker is the reconnecting! Apparently the game reconnects in-between the in-game lobby, and the mission, which basically seems to screw this method up, and the player gets permanently stuck in the lobby somehow, causing "Unable to launch"-error. Using wireless routers, people apparently can switch their SSID in-between the missions (sort of a roaming function), but I don't see how I could set the Microsoft Loopback to support such stuff.

Any ideas regarding this?
Dreamflux
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ugh! I've been at this for... I've lost track of hours. I've finally gotten everything running where it needs to be, but my metric still shows that i'm not reachable yet! Can somebody please help me? Thanks
cusadrehk
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ZX497 wrote:
I think the problem with Peace Walker is the reconnecting! Apparently the game reconnects in-between the in-game lobby, and the mission, which basically seems to screw this method up, and the player gets permanently stuck in the lobby somehow, causing "Unable to launch"-error. Using wireless routers, people apparently can switch their SSID in-between the missions (sort of a roaming function), but I don't see how I could set the Microsoft Loopback to support such stuff.

Any ideas regarding this?

What if we try to reconnect the usb cable while MGS: Peace Walker is starting the coop or vs game.. I hope everyone could get what i mean..

my theory is when peace walker try to change its SSID or reconnect, we also try to reconnect the USB cable so the connection to the computer will be refresh

anyway i dont i have time to test this because i need to go out today..

try it guys and tell me the result thanks
DarkSeele05
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk_The_Slayer wrote:
Guys, all I can say is follow this guide and check you've done everything, and your pc/PSP shows the same info as mine did.

If after re-checking all your install set-up, post where your set-up differs from that of mine and we will try to help.

Win Vista and Win 7 32-bit Guide:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39586

First of all, I have to thank u Hawk_The_Slayer for this Guide. Smile

I followed this guide step by step but, when i run bridge.exe. it said: "No interfaces found! Make sure WinPcap is installed." but I already installed WinPcap v4.0.2 on my computer. I don't know what am i doing wrong Confused
JeffWalker
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nothing for linux distribution?
ZX497
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DarkSeele05 wrote:
I followed this guide step by step but, when i run bridge.exe. it said: "No interfaces found! Make sure WinPcap is installed." but I already installed WinPcap v4.0.2 on my computer. I don't know what am i doing wrong Confused

Did you remember to leave the "run WinPcap drivers on system startup" -box checked? If not, you have to manually start the drivers before they work for bridge.exe.

If you're not sure, just reinstall and leave the box checked Razz
Chsal
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tried this with MHP2G with a friend and it works for both of us. =D

I'm using Windows XP, PSP 2k. CFW 5.50 GEN-D3
Didn't need to turn off all my other plugins.
I did however need to turn off my firewall... Something that I didn't realise for a while.

Also, I get the "write error! <FFFFFF8C , ..> usb_reap_async : timeout error " thing in my bridge.exe, but it doesn't seem to affect the game or anything. Anybody know what it means?
uiasdnmb
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

any1 got it to work on 2000 with 5.00m33-6?
even tho my bridge.exe says connection is OK and im sitting in gathering hall 1 (MHFU) xlink just won't see my PSP and it says network is not reachable Neutral

EDIT: after updating psp to gen D3 it started working, looks like m33 is not the way to go

Last edited by uiasdnmb on Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic