FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Can see games on Xbox but can't connect to any. View next topic
View previous topic
Electronut
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been through this up, down, left, and right. I get on XBC no probs but KAI has got me looped.

I downloaded the latest XBMC 10/29 CVS build form Xbins. System info on Xbox actually shows 10/24 so I assume all is okay.

I start the KAI engine on the PC and it runs fine. I have the UI off. Username,password and rest of setting set okay. When I turn it on launching the engine I check my console detection and it's good and my network shows connected.

I go to my Xbox and launch XBMC then KAI Xlink. I see the users and ping levels when I go into arena mode and into a specific game. I cursor over to a user that has an active ping (green bar) and hit A then cursor left to play and select that. I get message to insert game but instead I back out to Program Files then F directory of my HDD to launch Say RS3. Go to System Link and it finds nothing.

I have tried this over and over and everything I have done looks correct. I must be something stupid here. What's going on?
mrnull
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think it's something dumb.

I've been having the same problem with XBMC and kaid on linux. I can see the arenas, and I can see the people, but never the games.

Recently I tried installing the windows version of KAI on a computer on my home network. Everything worked fine when I used Kai's WIN UI to navigate through the arenas. I have not tried it with XBMC the way you described.

I always thought it was a problem with kaid, but maybe it's just XBMC.

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so, what version of XBMC?
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you guys sure someone was hosting at that time? Many times, people go to sleep in the arenas. You should always check if someone is hosting in the arena. If not, you could try hosting a game yourself and see if people join.

komp
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

and make sure people set the status to HOSTING as well Smile

Linux and Network Support
PSTwo / XBOX
mrnull
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm SURE people are hosting. I bought HALO 2, and when I connect with that Window's UI there's a constant source of games. I've also left kaid on for very long amounts of time. On previous versions of XBMC you could not set things such as Arena Status.

I'm hoping this new version will solve whatever problems we have. I'll update when I try it.
mrnull
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well, i installed the new xbmc and still the same problem.

Could it have something to do with port forwarding? I have a static ip set up in xbmc, as well as my nameserver. I'm running ip masqueradding. Here's my iptables output if it helps.

<mrnull> http://metawire.org/~mrnull/iptables -- iptables --list output
<mrnull> http://metawire.org/~mrnull/iptablesnat -- iptables -t nat -L output

I'd love to see this thing work... any help greatly appreciated.
captin_Morgan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I too would like to know how to join games when launching from the hd. I see them in the arena but when i launch the game I get no matches found. Espically true on Rainbow Six black arrow. At this point I really think its a code problem, as no one seems to know how to fix it.

If someone does know what we are doing wrong a simple set of directions would kick ass.
mrnull
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What would really be cool, is a tool for linux that checks our setup...like the win UI. Then it'd be easier to pinpoint the problem.
picasso
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I a having the same problem, and tried any logical solution that we can think of. I can create arenas and host games, but no one seems to see them :S
This makes no sense at all.. Confused It must be something very simple and stupid but... is killing me
runtime
Team XLink Retired XBMC Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Electronut wrote:
I downloaded the latest XBMC 10/29 CVS build form Xbins. System info on Xbox actually shows 10/24 so I assume all is okay.

I'd assume it's not okay, 10/24 -(sorry to sound arrogant) is actually quite old with respect to the number of features and fixes introduced to Kai since that date.

As for the rest of this thread, please read the sticky topic about Latest CVS and Bugs - none of you have said what builds you're using or if newer builds fixed your problems, so I'm left to assume you're all using the really old build above.
picasso
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry, you are right... I am using 11/15 release.
I think is something related to the port forwarding... I can see everything from XBMC, but once I get into the game and search fo games... nothing.
I have forwarded the port 8602 of my xbox and nothing..
From the XBMC diagnostic mode it says I am reachable...:S
Totally lost... Sad

Thanks for your help
runtime

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

picasso wrote:
forwarded the port 8602 of my xbox and nothin

You've not configured things correctly if you've port forwarded to your XBOX. Your PC is the only device that must be port forwarded to as its what is running the XLink Kai engine.

See the sticky topic here.
picasso
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks fo that, Runtime.
I have now forwarded the port of my PC instead and still can´t see my xbox from Kai. The diagnosis says I am reaching the net, I can see arenas, players, etc... but it just can´t find my console connected.
I know I have conection to Internet since I can see "the weather" and use webradio.
The only difference I can see in my config to your post is that I am using Ip´s asigned dinamically by the router instead of static IP´s, but since I can see arenas, games and players I assume it shouldn´t be the problem. I will try using static Ip´s instead and let you know how it goes.

One last detail, my router is a wireless router, but I am connected to it through USB port. Could that be and extra issue? :S

Thanks again
picasso
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More info..

When I set the xbox to have a static IP, (I set the gateway and DNS server IP´s to the router IP) I lost the RSS feed, webradio lists, FTP from PC capability... but strangley the weather still works :S (maybe cache?)

So I left the Xbox in Automatic DCHP mode because it seems to connect better to the Internet. The PC is still in static and the port 30000 UDP forwarded

In any of the cases, Dinamic or Static, when I ping the xbox from the PC I get no response...

Anybody is experiencing the same?

Regards,
vwhooligan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've set my xbmc ip stuff to dashboard and when I try to go into the Kai xlink, it shows some games that are there, and when I try to click on one that is in the HDD, I can't run it, but when I try to go out and run it from xbm files, I can ever find anyone elso in multiplay. What gives? Do you hav to unlok the HDD? what's up?

Chance
vwhooligan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

read this one

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3480

and it solved all my problems.. I seem to find theanswer right after I post somthing... maybe I'll post more often... Smile

Chance
Electronut
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked or someone,

I have had no problem with Xlink KAI. I updated to XBMC build 12/1 and no matter what I do I can't connect to any games in system link. Everything else checks okay. Network connections all good and Xbox can be seen.

What am I missing? I also notice in Project Mayhem skin there is an "engine" line item that can be completed. The Project Mayhem II skin doesn't have this. Does this need to be filled in and what exactly is it? I searched around and did not find anything

I am stumped here. I was playin KAI problem free for a while before I updated XBMC. There were no changes to my network or PC. I did upgrade my Verzion DSL to Business DSL but I don't see this affecting anything.

I appreciate any good direction on this.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are 20 million people posting in this thread and I can't even think. Electronut, read the post I made on X-S (add 1 more reason to why I want those boards shutdown). You need to put the engine IP into that box. This IP is the IP of the PC you run Kai on (and if you portforward, the IP you portforward to).

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dfunked,

My apologies for specifically asking for you. You just have been a great help to me and everyone and I just want you to know that I really appreciate it.

Looks like my IP automatically filled in when going to PMI skin so no need for me to complete.

I am stuck. Everything checks just fine just can't see any games in the System Link screen. Checked XBC for shits and giggles and connected there no problem.

Upgrading my Verizon service wouldn't effect anything would it? Router setting are what count anyway and that remained untouched including my Port Forward. I am using 8602 for Port Forwarding which is what I always used for KAI and XBC.

I tried connecting straight through PC instead of through XBMC and still could not connect. Again, Xbox is detected and network is "yes" as well. Any clue what my problem could be? I even turned off Zone Alarm to be sure but still couldn't connect in System Link screen.
dfunked
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Fill out a help request then or whatever, as this isn't an XBMC-specific issue.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic