FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Still cannot see games, EVERYTHING is open View next topic
View previous topic
[MF]Riao
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't been able to see any games available. I've gotten XBConnect to work with no problem. I don't say this to be condescending, I only mean to demonstrate that I am not new to this. My pc can obviously read my xbox, and I can FTP to it as well. So when I couldn't see any games after opening suggested ports on my router, I just disabled all firewalls altogether. XP firewall is disabled, and my router firewall is now disabled, and I can still not see any games.
Now I do have one thought, and if any one has any knowledge of this I'd greatly appreciate it. I do know that my ISP uses a proxy.. squid as a matter of fact, that has given me some trouble before. XBMC couldn't access IMDB or weather.com until the more recent updates after the early May CVS builds. This is all I can think that may be causing my troubles at this point.
If this turns out to be the problem, I will probably leave my ISP (for other reasons as well).
Any guesses?
grisou32
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've tried everything and I have the same problem....tryied Rainbow Six and Splinter Cells 2......can't see nothing when I'm searching for rooms......but on my PC Kai detects my xbox and I can connect easily to Kai......anyone can solve this????
[MF]Riao
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just tried Uninstalling the version of WinPcap than installs with XBConnect, then uninstalling/reinstalling Kai, and same thing. Kai does see my xbox, and from my pc I can see the number of users of any game being played. Xbox still not detecting games.
Giving up for now.. will attempt again tomorrow after some sleep and some time to ponder...
TA-JudgeDredd
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is just a stab in the dark but what games have you tried on Kai? Also, are you using originals? Have you been on XBox live at all?

kiley
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had the same problem as Riao...

I had Kai 6 going too... although I have changed ISPs to an ADSL connection since
jmel
Kai Admirer
Kai Admirer

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

read the faq.

first off, if you need to, you should forward ports, not disable firewall, or connect directly. This ensures that things are getting where they need to go.

just because xbc works, doesnt mean that kai will and vice versa, and ftp has little to no bearing on it either. lets get some more details about your setup and go from there.

grisou32
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

if you did like me I had everything correct but I could't see the room on my console.....I found the problem.....first I forwarded the port to 34518 and the big mistake I made I think is that in Kai I was not in the room of the game but only in the main menu with let say all 3rd shooter.......so when you enter Rainbow6 you should see then "no sub-arena available" and then a recommandation to click on the ping icon.....I did that and everything worked fine.....just have to check for conflict IP......I'll see later......
[MF]Riao
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First, BIG thanks to all who gave suggestions.. but problem is solved..
I had everything set correctly, but my router was acting very strange.. stopped accepting changes .. only with port forwarding, then all my pcs would be booted off the network until I recycled the router. So decided just to reset to factory defaults and start over.. and now.. no probs.
So let that be a lessen to all....: when shopping for a router, do NOT let price be the sole factor in your purchase. This isn't the first time I've had to lose all my settings and start over because of that stupid thing.Ah well.

Thanks again to all who responded!! Cheers, adn see you in the arenas!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic