FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Xlink Kai setup troubles View next topic
View previous topic
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been searching for the last four hours to find an answer to my problem and have had no luck whatsoever, so now I have to look like the n00b and ask on here, but fuck it, I need help setting this thing up.

I bought the Planex GW-USMini2N, I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit system, I tried downloading the software from their website (Planex) and tried this, following it to the T: http://teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:gw-usmini2n_for_windows_7 only to have it not work, by not work I mean the wifi stick wouldn't connect. I also tried it using the drivers that came on the CD, but I figured out that I needed to change more settings, got the Planex adapter to work and Kai to connect, but it wouldn't find my psp. So I researched it a little more, unistalled and tried it all over again, now after reading a little about port forwarding, I think I missed something.

Tried this method too: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:belin_f5d8073 and still no go, Kai wouldn't even open, after the loading screen (by pressing the start Kai link in the windows start menu) it would come up with an error. Now my Planex dongle thinks its a Ralink adapter :'(

I just want to play Monster Hunter with my brother and I still have to set up his Planex and Xlink Kai stuff tonight, please helllllpppppppppp!!!!!!!
leetzer
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mine isnt working either!!! all i wanna do is play MHFU also an error doesnt come up on mine i open star kai/config kai and it looks like its about to open and then just dissapears like i never even tried opening it

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Magatsu83

Did you manage to find 'Enable PSP Xlink Mode' in the adapters' properties?

Is your 'Network reachable' in kai metrics/diagnostics?

Did you try to run the Mini2N driver installer as administrator with Vista/XP compatibility mode?

Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39724
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Hawk thanks for the response, but yes I did enable it in the properties tab, my network was reachable, now all the sudden it doesn't work, I installed the Mini2N as the administrator with vista comp mode and tried with Xp mode too. It worked for a while, I played a few rounds of MHFU that night I got it sucessfully installed, but it hasn't worked since, so I'm gonna uninstall it all and try again.... try number one hundred fifty something lol

@ Narolf, I actually tried that one, I think that got it to work for awhile, I'll give it another shot though. I actually have six or so guides saved to my favorites, I want to figure this out soon, as my younger brother is getting a psp again (his place got robbed last week and they nabbed the psp go I bought for him..... pricks!) and I want to know how to properly set this up so I don't have to spend six hours trying to figure it out at his place next week, instead of just playing the game

thanks for all the help so far!!! I'm gonna try it again, I will figure this bitch out, even if it kills me
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bump

For the love of all things holy, don't let me kill this computer.

With that out of the way, I'm still having issues with this, my computer now doesn't ever reqognize that I'm pulgging the Planex GW-USMini2N, no auto-detect whatsoever. I've uninstalled it and tired installing it so many times, I'm worried I messed up something.

I've read that you should completely clean out the old installs, so that Win7 (64bit) will automatically detect when I plug in my device, am I missing a step? In reading up on it, "cleaning out the registery" keeps popping up, but I asked one of my IT buddies and he said not to mess with that.

Can someone please help me?!
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, well after days of no help (thanks for those that tried though) and stumbling through countless pages of "how to's" I got in working, but now when I log in to play, switch to arena mode, all the icons on the left have ?'s by them and I cannot connect...... I missed a step or something, any suggestions?
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39674
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bump for the reasons below:

No offense Narolf, thanks for finding that and trying to help (although I've already read that twenty or so times now), but that's a crock of shit.

I've exited out of kai I dunno how many times, I've reset my computer, I've tried the exit and start again method every day since I got kai "working" and nothing has come of it.

So when someone can provide me a real answer and not a "This issue only effects some of the kai servers, not all. If this really bothers you, just sign out and sign back in until you are on a server that does not have this problem. This issue can not be fixed by using a different version of kai" cop-out, I'll be all ears.

Cause basically, I've wasted more time and money trying to set this up, only to be told that it can't be fixed and that doesn't work for me. I want to know how to change the orbital server I'm on manually then, if this "can't be fixed" and only affects "some servers" then why haven't they come up with a way to work around it?

No offense to anyone trying to help, trust me I appreciate it, I really do, but "it can't be fixed" isn't an answer anyone should accept.

just sayin...
Jiggah
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know what to tell you other than it works. I have the Micro version of that same adapter and have gotten it to work every time. The advice I can give you is to not use the KaiUI and use the Web Interface instead. I have had issues with using the KaiUI. Also, double check your settings. Things like the "network adapter" settings can change if you plug/unplug the adapter.
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The "? issue" doesn't prevent you to play.

That was the last problem you told us about for the record.
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually you see, it does, well at least on my system. I could get onto Kai, it would show there were people talking, but yet still the "?'s" by everything (no matter how many times I closed it all down and started it fresh again) and then when I tried to get into a game, nothing happened, hell half the time I couldn't even get people to respond to me.

So I said screw it, uninstalled everything, found the latest version of kai (which I thought I had already DL'd from their website) and tried the whole process over once again.

This time I followed the guides I knew worked and I can get on, I've set up the port forwarding (and for whatever reason, the port forward checker won't work or my virus protector labels as a possible threat if it's not in gamer mode), I'm using the Web based UI, but sometimes it says that I'm not reachable and then five or ten minutes later I am. Now everything has a "1" by it, until I get far enough into the arena and then it says there are people in the rooms. I dunno, when I go into the online guild hall in MHFU, no one is there, I've checked to make sure my PSP is linked and it is, yet still no go.

Obviously I'm getting closer, but aiiiiya, this is giving me a migraine
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
but sometimes it says that I'm not reachable and then five or ten minutes later I am.

You just failed the portforwarding.

Repeat the part 2 of my guide, again, and test the UDP 30000 port with Portchecker before even considering to open Kai.
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate the help I really do, but did you not read the part about port checker not working? With my Anti-Virus on, it says it's a potential threat, so I turn it off or into gamer mode and it get's to the install part and closes itself.

Is there maybe a different port checker? apparently my system doesn't like PFport checker

p.s. it's not five minutes, I timed it, closer to two or three minutes and then I'm reachable. Oh and thanks again narolf for being so helpful and patient with me
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did read the part about Portchecker and I can't help but recommending it another time.

Portchecker isn't a threat for your computer: every antivirus in the world will be blocking applications which require your Internet access. Plain and simple.
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the problem with it is that when I open it (no service pack, xp 2 or vista 2), that once it reaches the install point it force closes and that's with the antivirus all the way off or even in gamer mode, that's why I asked if maybe there was a different one
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, there isn't.
Magatsu83
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn just my luck, hmmmmmm, now I just have to figure out why it's force closing on me. Is there another way to check if the ports are working, like maybe an internet site or something of that nature?
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Narolf wrote:
No, there isn't.

Portchecker is the only reliable tool to check ports.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic