FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Dissidia 012 guide + FAQ... Cause i still couldn't find one. View next topic
View previous topic
aweagle
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This topic here is to clear things up about 012. Cause I hate seeing the same questions asked over and over in the arena.

First of all working configs:

host adapter - guest adapter
host adhoctousb.prx - guest adapter

That is right, if you have plugin, you have to wait for someone with adapter. You will also need something that can detect wireless ad-hoc networks. A laptop wireless card, ps3, ipod, another psp or something. In the pictures below I will show what I mean using my adapter software. You would also better disable any xlink aid plugin or other things that may mess up connection. Yes you read it right. NO X LINK AID! This doesn't work here.

So for any of you runing into white screen of death after connecting with someone here is the guide.

And again here I make an assumption, that you have everything set up properly (foward dem portz,) so you can play monster hunter or whatever. If you do you should be able to see other people in lobby, just like in the picture above.

Hosting guide:

First of all if you are in the lobby check your wifi software/wireless detecting device(for plugin users). You should see a network like this one:

The AULES01505 part can be AULUS10566 depending on your region. Anyway if you can see it, there is hope for you yet. Now simply request a battle.

The screen will change to:

Then you wait until the other guy accepts when he does the text should change to:

That is your cue to start mashing refresh networks or anything that will show you current hotspots in the vicinity. After a second or two you should find one new ssid:

As you can see the LOBBY0 changed to 8 numbers. Those numbers are random meaning everytime you try to connect with someone you have to find it again. Quickly type those numbers into the chat window on kai so the other player can swap too. Then if you use the plugin you just wait. If you use adapter, you also have to connect to this new ssid. And hopefully instead of white screen you will get:

Joining guide:

After you accept the request from the host you should see something like:

You need to wait for the host to give you the numbers in the kai window. After that you need to connect to the new ssid. It has the same settings as the lobby ssid but you have to change the LOBBY0 part to those 8 numbers that the host will give you in kai chat. So:

PSP_AULES01505_L_LOBBY0 > PSP AULES01505_L_79756179

Here i can offer no advice since some adapters need new profiles. Mine has a nifty line where i just change the lobby part to those numbers and hit update.

Anyway if both you and host do your job correctly you should see the character screen.

FAQ

Q: ZOMG WHITE SCREEN!!!!!!
A: Yeah.... Go read from the begining.

Q: STILL WHITE SCREEN!!!!
A: Sometimes you may experience a "bugged launch". If the game times out too fast during the "preparing for online battle phase" just try again and it should work. You also need to do all those things quickly one thing I can tell from experience is that you should never use windows zero software as a joining party. It is damn too slow. As a host it is usable but still i guess there are better alternatives.

Q:AULES AULUS?
A:The games are cross region compatible that means you can play against us version player with eu game. Just don't try it with japanese... The game will freeze in rather unpleasant way.

Q: I can't see anyone in the lobby. WAT DO?
A: If you are sure everything is ok there is one possibility. I often run into people, who can't see me, until I challenge them. When I do, I just magically pop up on their lobby list. Also the kai room is deserted most of the time so... Yeah...

Note to plugin users. If you for some reason can't see anyone in the lobby after you quit a battle or screwed up the swaping part, you may want to rebridge rekai and redissidia. Works wonders.

Almost forgot. Thanks to Kurolagme for helping me with the screens.

Last edited by aweagle on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

good guide, really needs a sticky and linked to the lobby
btw, you spelled his name kurolagme, its kurogami from the lobby pic

Last edited by Annhell on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Please do it a sticky or place the link in english arena invitation. Don't make all this go to waste...

Done and done, how-to-play SSID swapping games sticky updated: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36541

Thanks for your work Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hawk_The_Slayer wrote:
Quote:
Please do it a sticky or place the link in english arena invitation. Don't make all this go to waste...

Done and done, how-to-play SSID swapping games sticky updated: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36541

Thanks for your work Smile

I thank you for noticing and posting the link in the arena Razz .

Annhell wrote:
kurolagme, its kurogami from the lobby pic

All intended.... Now waiting for his response.... Very Happy
KurogamiXXI
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

aweagle wrote:

Pffffffffffffffffft.

*throws a dagger at aweaglol*
Annhell
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

aweagle wrote:

giving nicknames without permission is bad
Narolf
Kai Spammer
Kai Spammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://dissidiaforums.com/showthread.php?9055-Xlink-Kai-Tutorials-amp-technical-assistance-thread

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Can I use that to detect wireless networks? How?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic