FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 7.4.21 for Linux View next topic
View previous topic
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't own a windows based computer, but I'm eager to play with Kai on my JTAG 360 with FSD 2.0, how long can I be expecting to wait for some Linux love? (preferably 64-bit or source, but I could get a 32-bit binary running as well if need be)
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Currently we are just working on getting XLink stable so that it doesn't get overloaded anymore. When that task is complete i believe prestige and MeanMF are going to compile the versions for Mac OSX and Linux
eriksson25
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cant wait, but one thing at a time and ofc its more importent to make the whole system stable first =) So no worry
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So... um... what's happening? It's been over a month since your post, when do you start letting people with real operating systems play?
SgtLegend
TX Server Nerd
TX Server Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pepparkakan wrote:
So... um... what's happening? It's been over a month since your post, when do you start letting people with real operating systems play?

Its been exactly one month and if you haven't noticed during that month prestige has been busy getting XLink stable
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

SgtLegend wrote:
Pepparkakan wrote:

Its been exactly one month and if you haven't noticed during that month prestige has been busy getting XLink stable
Sorry, hadn't noticed. Don't have a Windows machine to run it on.

To be completely honest with you though, I don't think releasing Linux and Mac OS X versions would cause much more damage. If anything you should have started with Linux and OS X, that would have given you a lot more constructive feedback since users of said platforms are more likely to be developer/hacker-oriented rather than typical 13-yr olds.
gxmjacob
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pepparkakan wrote:
SgtLegend wrote:
Pepparkakan wrote:

Sorry, hadn't noticed. Don't have a Windows machine to run it on.

To be completely honest with you though, I don't think releasing Linux and Mac OS X versions would cause much more damage. If anything you should have started with Linux and OS X, that would have given you a lot more constructive feedback since users of said platforms are more likely to be developer/hacker-oriented rather than typical 13-yr olds.
Well we know the problem well most of them anyway.... but honestly we've been focused on just getting it stable...

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry my linux & mac development environments aren't set up at the moment. You'll have to make do with the Windows version.
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any news on this? Itching to give XLink a go.
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mate, what's going on...
karmic
Kai Regular
Kai Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm afraid new version is not always good. Have you tried new version for Windows? I tried it and found it unstable.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No I can't try it, because I don't have Windows... Also, whether it's stable or not is irrelevant, it's NEEDED for integration with Freestyle Dash to work.
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Any news on this front? I see you released another new version for Windows, but none for Linux or Mac OS X, will there be such a release this time around?
Pepparkakan
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sorry, but this is getting a bit bloody ridiculous now. If you do insist on not opening the source then would you throw us a bloody bone at least? Is anyone even working on Linux or Mac OS X compatible builds at this point? It's been well over a year since this thread was started and still nothing...

Oh, and please don't tell me "I'll have to make do with the Windows version", I don't own a copy of Windows, I don't plan to, and I'd rather have you be honest with me and tell me straight up that you aren't planning to release anything I could use. If that's the case then please let me know so that I can stop caring.
llnk
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pepparkakan wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is getting a bit bloody ridiculous now. If you do insist on not opening the source then would you throw us a bloody bone at least? Is anyone even working on Linux or Mac OS X compatible builds at this point? It's been well over a year since this thread was started and still nothing...

Oh, and please don't tell me "I'll have to make do with the Windows version", I don't own a copy of Windows, I don't plan to, and I'd rather have you be honest with me and tell me straight up that you aren't planning to release anything I could use. If that's the case then please let me know so that I can stop caring.

XLink is run by volunteers that work entirely for free on their own time. If you know someone who's willing to devote hours of their life to develop a Linux build for XLink we'd love to hear from them.

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Which is all talk really. Would you give me the source code if I was to ask for it?
prestige
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pepparkakan wrote:
Which is all talk really. Would you give me the source code if I was to ask for it?

I'd be happy to discuss sharing the source with anyone I feel would be an earnest and respectful contributor.

You fail in both categories.

-p

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're probably right. In the end I'm not really that interested, I'm just a very curious guy who wants to try everything. But it bugs me that you've left the old Linux and Mac OS X stuff up there, as if you're going to continue development for those platforms, then never do so. If you have no interest in developing for these platforms then just say so... maybe even mention somewhere that you're open to people taking over those ports. The likelihood of people coming to you to ask for the source code (then also having to wait for your approval) rather than just taking what's available and working on it is very slim and just isn't going to happen. So just be honest with me, you don't care right?

I'm also rather curious as to how you arrived at the conclusion that I am neither earnest nor respectful. Because the fact that I'm pretty much the only one pushing the issue at all begs to differ.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic
You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum