BountyHunterEX5
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unable to find xlink kai mode on device manager:

PC OS: Window 7 32-bit

So, I rad from this thread
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37037
what I know, i can make my adapter device properties to have "psp xlink kai mode" with the help of alternative driver (right?) .

So the question is where i can get that alternative driver for my adapter?

Here the spec of my network adapter:
http://za.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Adapters/USBN10/#specifications

I appreciate any help or direct link would be better... thx

giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as i know your adapter has the "Realtek RTL8188SU" Chipset siurce--> http://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_USB-N10 you have to download the drivers and run/install them in winXP compatibility mode. Heres a guide for a newer model but the routine might be the same as for your model give it a try--> http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42946
BountyHunterEX5
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok thx for second time info... the last time on kai im not really serious about this... sry... now im up to this...

So here wat i done:

1-Download RTL8188SU driver
(correct?)

2-The zip file i downloaded, I extract the file into a new folder i create in desktop (Realtek)

3-Right click the RTL8188SU (Setup.exe) driver executable > properties > compatibility > check run this program in compatibility.. > windows xp (service pack 2)

4-I go to device manager to check the adapter properties:

- Yet still the advance tab on the adapter properties didn't show "xlink mode"
- So, did I miss some point?

giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
- So, did I miss some point?

No you did it right.

-Have you tried to install the ASUS driver in winXP mode ?

-Have you tried to install the realtek driver via inf file installation go to DATA and into the Vista folder (seems like vista and xp share the same inf file stated at the dl site of realtek) and follow this guide here--> http://www.troublefixers.com/manually-install-device-drivers-in-windows-using-inf-files/

Or install the ASUS driver in winXP mode and follow this guide--> http://www.asus.de/Networks/Features/Xlink_Support/ because the psp xlink mode option seems to be in the wlan tool.
BountyHunterEX5
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EDIT:

So after testing out with some other method other than yours Mr. Green.... the result are rather really confusing but now the adapter are able to connect xlink kai with no problem....

and about the wlan tool... it never works on window 7 it already been said in the specs:
http://za.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_Adapters/USBN10/#specifications
-management = xlink kai (window xp only)
XD

Result:

Yes! Thank you giggyprince! I really appreciate your help~ Keep up the good work!
…..
░░▄▄▄
░░█░█
▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█░░░░▄▄█
█░░░░▄▄█
█░░░░▄▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▀

giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Glad you managed to make it work, but what did you exactly do ? Please respond so others that have the same adapter can profit from your knowledge.
BountyHunterEX5
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, yes! I gladly tell how I did... However, my way of method may not the really correct one, it's like "hitting a target by throwing a bunch of rocks at the same time, so I dunno which rock that hit the target". U can say that im lucky to make the adapter work. So I apology, some of the step I tell, may not necessary needed (If u really know about it and want to skip it, no problem)... So what I did to make it work:

Setting up ASUS USB N10 on Window 7 for Xlink Kai

1-If u already install the driver. Uninstall it and unplug the adapter. Run ccleaner or whatever to clean the registry and restart pc/laptop.

2- U gonna need the Installer CD of the adapter/Driver CD

3-Play the CD, but don't install yet. Explore the CD.

4-In the CD, find all ".exe" file extension. Example setup.exe, killw16.exe and other ".exe"(s) file (go find them in folder and their subfolder)

5- So every ".exe" file u find, change their compatibility mode:
Right click (the file) > properties > compatibility > check run this program in compatibility.. > windows xp (service pack 2)
Example:
Image And plus checking the "run this program as administrator" are ok too (optional).

6-After done changing all ".exe" files to compatibility mode in the CD. Install the setup.exe (in the root of cd = same setup.exe as in picture above)
-Install "AsUS WLAN/Card Utilities/Driver" then just go with the flow of installation.

-After install u will encounter a pop-up of WLAN tool(if doesn't pop-up, just run the shortcut) or just ignore it. [See Note A]

7-Now go to device manager: control panel> device manager> network adapters> right click on "ASUS EZ n8.0.11/.....adapters"> properties> advance tab> See wether "PSP XLink Mode" is present > if yes then enable it, pretty obvious...:

Connecting PSP to N10

a- Open PSP> play wether mhfu or mhp3rd> go to online lobby (wifi button on of-course)...

b- Now scan wifi with your computer (just like scanning wifi in McDonald) but of-course u are not searching for wifi but u are searching for these:
- "PSP_AULUM.....000" its mhp3rd ID, its varies for different game or different psp(maybe), it doesn't matter. So detecting upon that connection, then just connect it.
Note: U did see the 2 "PSP_AULUM.....000" connection on the picture right? One is under wireless network connection 2 and the other one under wireless network connection. U can check your N10 adapter is under which network by: go to Open Network and Sharing Center> adapter setting> see your asus adapter is under which connection (the name of network can be different on each computer coz the network's name can be change by you or by default that depends how many network on your pc u have)... In my case i will connect the "PSP_AULUM.....000" on network connection 2 since my N10 adapter is under it.

Connection to Xlink Kai:

c- Run Xlink Kai

d- Go to any mhfu or mhp3rd arena, see wether u can see people if not, just repeat step a and b. Until u can see people and (see this picture):
Image and even thou kai engine detect your psp just repeatedly do step a and b just to be confirm.

e- Disconnection problem?
-Firewall
-Port Forward
-Any other aspect that can effect connection

[Note A]:
WLan tool is really confusing result by far...

- Wlan tool installer "killw16.exe" is unexecutetable in window 7

- But u can install it on window 7 via "setup.exe" (if u follow step 1-7) (weird?)

- U can use wlan tool(used for scan network too) for xlink kai too but u may disconnected while play or sometimes the wlan tool not responding (it may act different on different computer)

-try use the wlan tool for sometimes (optional), after that restart computer

-after restart the computer, the wlan tool may not active at all and cannot be activate by force, its like a glitch that it can detect the adapter. (may act different of different computer)

-Because of the wlan tool act like that, better use the default network scan..

This method is done on a Laptop with Window 7 32-bit OS. If u have pc/window 7-64 bit u can try too...
but not for window xp... window xp u don't need to setting all these stuff... it way simpler i bet...

So that the thing I did, really long eh?Shocked Yes sorry, but I'm not good at explaining so i just tell the whole situation possible. Hope other who have the same adapter as me can do the same. Hopefully.

Last edited by BountyHunterEX5 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
giggyprince
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good work ill put it into the "Guides section" so that others can use your instructions. You can find it under Other USB wireless adapter PSP guides
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=204021#204021
Thanks for your efforts.
Hawk_The_Slayer
Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work Gig & BountyHunterEX5 Smile

Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Instruction eh? Cool

Feel bad at the same time... Laughing