FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Having trouble joining halo 2 games on xbox original View next topic
View previous topic
goldeneye106
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[b]Is your network reachable? [Yes]
[b]Are you using a router? [Unknown. I have DSL modem I believe with wireless airport on my mac]
[b]Did you set a static IP on the PC running Kai?[I set the numbers based off a youtube tutorial with IP 198.xxx.xx.xx or something like that.]
[b]Did you forward port 30000 to the static IP?[Unknown]
[b]Did you click the globe after forwarding to see if your network goes reachable?[Unknown]
[b]What console are you using?[xbox original]
[b]Is your console being detected? [Yes]
[b]Brief description of your network setup:[I use a DSL modem for wireless internet. My Mac shares its airport connection by ethernet cable to my xbox]
[b]Model numbers of the router, and modem?[Unknown]
[b]Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? [I use symantec anti-virus for mac. I also have my firewall on mac set to "Allow only essential services" in my system preferences]
[b]Operating System? [Mac OSX 10.5.8]
[b]Problem description? [See below]

I have tried asking players on the latin america server about how to set up games.

They have been very rude and claim to not speak english, but I am quite sure they are intentionally avoiding me and not responding to my questions when I go on the chat to ask for help.

When using system link on the xbox 1, where should I be in kai? That is to say, should I be under latin america or latin america -> "solo retos"

No matter which location I am in through my web browser version of kai. My xbox is unable to detect any games. Is there something I forgot to do?

Also is it possible for the players in latin america to simply block me from joining their public games?

I apologize for all the text in this post, I am just very frustrated, but really love this service xlink kai provides.

Thank you again for your time
Mixwizzard
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This happens to me sometimes but what you do is go into Solo Retros first and then go into the System Link lobby on your xbox.

This usually fixes this problem, but I think it works either way you do it.
Alot of the Latin American arenas are Private/closed depending on the time of day so you can't go in.

Xtag: Mixwizzard
goldeneye106
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I see that there a ton of people in latin america.

I tried what you suggested, I went to latin america, then went to solo retos.

Now when I go to system link on my xbox, choose my character, all I see still is "create new game" Does that mean that despite all the latin america people online, none of the games they're playing a public?
Mixwizzard
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm Confused

You could try going into an arena through the client, and then see if it pops up on the System Link menu.

User Interface client is a little better to use than Web engine, though. So if you've tried joining through the Web Client, use the User Interface instead and try.

goldeneye106
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am actually having some luck seeing games on system link right now. It appears that public games show up on system link when I simply go to latin america, but choose NOT to enter "solo retos"

There don't appear to be a whole lot of games while playing in latin america. Sometimes I see a game on my system link that says "open" which I can join and "closed" ones that I can't join. I see there are almost 200-300 players on latin america at a time, why aren't there more games on kai?

Are most of them private and thus they do not show up on my halo 2's system link list of games?

Thanks again for your help
Mixwizzard
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

goldeneye106 wrote:
I am actually having some luck seeing games on system link right now. It appears that public games show up on system link when I simply go to latin america, but choose NOT to enter "solo retos"

There don't appear to be a whole lot of games while playing in latin america. Sometimes I see a game on my system link that says "open" which I can join and "closed" ones that I can't join. I see there are almost 200-300 players on latin america at a time, why aren't there more games on kai?

Are most of them private and thus they do not show up on my halo 2's system link list of games?

Thanks again for your help

Sometimes some games don't appear for whatever reason, whether they're private or not. And some people just sit in the Latin American lobby and chat, but most of them are AFK it seems.

Or its simply a grouping of all arenas in the Solo Retros and the other one.
And to find the private ones you'd have to go into Solo Retros.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic