View previous topic
Badpack
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[b]Is your network reachable? [yes]
[b]Are you using a port-forward? [no]
[b]Is your console being detected? [yes]
[b]Brief description of your network setup (include model numbers):[Xfinity Gateway(Router/Modem combined) with computer and PS2 hardwired to it]
[b]Do you use a software firewall? What brand? Have you made any changes to it? [yes, to allow xlink access]
[b]Operating System? [Windows 7]
[b]Problem description:

Just got xlink the past week and experiencing very high ping spikes. This happens like every ~2-5 minutes and will last for ~30 seconds to 1 minute. My ping will go back to normal for a few minutes than skyrocket back up. For some reason this only happens in games with more than 8 players. Any games under 8 players, I rarely lag. I currently have the best internet that my ISP offers.
CrazyBonus
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This sounds very similar to my settings except I have a modem ( old crappy Arris TM822 supplied by my ISP ) and a Linksys WRTG54 router that I bought when Socom had actual servers. Recently I bought a Netgear ProSafe Fast Ethernet Switch FS105 and found that when I use that with one port coming in from my Arris modem and a direct lead running out to my computer, then directly connect my PS2 to the ProSafe some of my lag is gone. It is also important to note that all of my cables are Cat6 quality and are way better than Cat5.

From my experiences with Xlink I think the only way to cure lag for good is to share your Subnet Mask ( located by going into Command prompt and typing ipconfig ) with people you regularly play with. Whether they may or may not want to do this is another thing altogether.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic