FAQ  •  Search  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Men Want Sex View next topic
View previous topic
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmm money is my number one desire, followed closely by sex, because if you have the cash then you can have anything else you desire.

Greed is good Very Happy Very Happy

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cash cant get you everything.

Theres a bunch of rich kids around here that have no friends becuase they care to much about money.

quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You have a lot to learn young jedi.

Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lmao! i am already a master Cool
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

nah i definitely agree w/ brokenman...i mean money'll get you all the material things, but so what? Is it worth living a life of loneliness because you've put money higher in status than anything or anyone else? So unfortunately u dont know this and indeed u will disagree to the following statement, but U r the one who has a lot to learn young padawan... Mr. Green

READ FOR HELP: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=154029#154029

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
seven
Kai Enthusiast
Kai Enthusiast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

quiksilva wrote:
You have a lot to learn young jedi.

Cool

TA_Quiksilva
Kai Beginner
Kai Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cov3rtAg3nt[X] wrote:
nah i definitely agree w/ brokenman...i mean money'll get you all the material things, but so what? Is it worth living a life of loneliness because you've put money higher in status than anything or anyone else? So unfortunately u dont know this and indeed u will disagree to the following statement, but U r the one who has a lot to learn young padawan... Mr. Green

Hehehe do you really think you have to put relationships second to make money? Wink
(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TA_Quiksilva wrote:
Cov3rtAg3nt[X] wrote:

Hehehe do you really think you have to put relationships second to make money? Wink

I didnt say that at all, but quicksilva said he puts money as his #1 desire, and u should not rate money above all else...clean the gunky snots outta your eyes... Laughing

Yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. BEFRIEND THE SEARCH BUTTON! HE IS WISE.
quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, you related wealth with relationships by insinuating that people who chase money die alone (or words to that effect). It's the same old hippie argument that money doesnt bring you happiness or cant buy you health, blah blah blah.

Sorry but I call this 'rationale' for what it is, B.S. Both are possible, and actually easier with a full fat wallet. Private healthcare? Holidays abroad etc...

Also consider this, high divorce rates (i.e. ~60%) are now prevalent in the west, I'll say that again, 60% of marriages FAIL!

Do you know what the prevailing reason is for most of these failures? It is the one from which so many others seem to stem: money problems.

A responsible loving person [especially one who is just embarking on life's journey and wishes to build a secure familly] should put financial stability as their first priority, above all others, for the aforementioned reason alone. Although health and kids education are two other good reasons.

Unless of course you are born with a silver spoon up your ass and dont have to do real work, if thats the case then by all means let daddy pay for everything, go sing kum by ya and hug a tree.

Good luck to ya, have fun get it out of your system, but remember that love doesnt pay the bills and when they dont get paid for most couples love starts to die. Sad but true.

Perhaps you'll be lucky and have that perfect hollywood romance, or whatever it is you are looking for in life, but for most people life never seems to work out quite the way it does in the cinema.

Thats why I'll be chasing the cash, thats why its my first desire, because if you get that sorted the other desires are a whole lot easier to satisfy.

But whatever to each their own.

Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok well out of that extrmely long statement in which i almost fell asleep reading lol, u made some pretty good points...however...

First off...u did not clarify what exactly those money problems are...meaning u have possibly implied that these divorces are caused because one of the 2 has an overly strong desire for money, even more so than the love for their partner...u only stated it was because of "money problems"...so next time research a little harder and give out all the details...

Second...money does not improve or enhance the love between 2 people, because love has absolutely nothing to do wth money...money only helps support your family and get the MATERIAL things u desire, not love...
Money does not buy you TRUE love...

Third...If a person really cares about you and loves you, then they will not care about how much money you make...its more that they will look at how hard you work to support your family...

Look buddy im not gonna argue with you because you have your opinions and i have mine, because i also like to make the big $ by WORKING for it, but it will not get you everything...i have only written this long statement back because i wanted to giv u a little insight to my views on this subject...and thats what i did...But maybe you will find out later on in life what i mean, so just try to keep what ive said stored up there somewhere in the old noggin...good luck

One last statment...money should not be able to separate or destroy TRUE love...people who really love eachother would not let money get in the way...if they were having problems financially, they would work it through together and fight to the end...Just take the movie "Fun With Dick and Jane" for example Wink

quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh yes a sound come back, using a movie to prove your point...

As for what defines a money problem, try this scenario on for size, a partner loses their job (perhaps by accident or circumstance) but then they dont have sufficient savings to pay for the mortgage, the bills mount up money doesnt come in, debt collectors arrive, creditors foreclose etc..

I'd imagine that'd be quite stressful...the loss of a home must be a heavy burden for any relationship to bear. But hey who needs it anyway?

Those impoverished areas of town always tend to be a GREAT place to raise kids, give em a real kick start into life eh? Perhaps they will get to experience some of life's offerrings that passed you by like say, crack, rape or GBH.

Life is not about the MATERIAL things you are CORRECT on that point, but money also equates to FINANCIAL SECURITY and STANDARD OF LIVING, the shiny material goods that come with it are just bonuses.

Perhaps a fiscally motivated position that is designed to ensure your familly's financial security can help you to avoid that situation, perhaps not, but it sure as hell isnt going to hurt.

As for "true love", what you say is true, for that section of the 40% who find it and not all marriages that last, are based on true love ya know. Good luck with finding it, sincerely, because the odds are stacked against you.

You may not like what I have to say, but these are real life's cold harsh lessons not some idealistic claptrap fed up by some hollywood director with his head in the clouds.

Oh and there's no argument with me 'buddy' its a debate, so I wont resort to patronising you or offering a word count on your post Wink

Team XLink Administrator
Team XLink Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems whenever we try to tackle some aspect of the human condition we resort to binary oppositions: Love or Money. If life were only that simple!

A relationship forged in a commonality of purpose and sustained through committed action to said purpose is the most enduring. Infidelity and financial hardship are symptoms of a breakdown in this commonality. They are not causes.

But back to the subject at hand "Men want Sex". Yes, we do. As do woman. In the greater scheme I things I believe we want:

food > shelter > companionship > society > entertainment

I believe we want entertainment above an beyond everything else. Books, TV, Movies, Video Games, and Online Chats fall in to this category, but so does Sex, Sport, Romance, Church Going, Travel and Day Dreaming. Any time we aspire to go beyond our mundane physical reality and create or participate in a world of our own making are seeking entertainment.

So, yeah, men want sex. But more so we want to amuse and be amused.

-p

Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is my belief that when it comes to love and money, (similar to what P said) while they may intertwine, they are fundamentally different and do not determine each other.

The arguement that money helps relationships? Sure it can help other things that thus relate to the relationship (such as stress and stability), but why does Hollywood have a just as high, if not higher divorce rate than the general public? And most people in hollywood have more money than they will ever need.

Throughout life we make decisions about ourselves and the world around us that effect our everyday experience of life. Ever been burned badly in a relationship? Chances are, relationships afterward can be subliminally effected by this (unless of course you get complete with it).

The fact is, love can exist with or without money. If money is affecting your relationship, its simply just bringing to a light a deeper problem you have with your relationship (or actually, more fundamentally, yourself) to begin with, it and of itself is not determine your relationship. Money, literally (in the U.S.) is green paper, everything else that we put to it, is simply a meaning, (that gives it worth and value, etc).

Green paper does not effect your relationship, period. The meaning you give to money can perhaps effect your relationship, but that simply draws upon the life experiences you have/had and the choices you have made about them.

One of the best relationships I ever had was when I struggled the most with money. It had nothing to do with the money, and while there where times that my well being was affected, I also found it a source of inspiration/stability to get me through it. At the same time, I have struggled in relationships even when I HAD money (for different reasons of course).

P.S. - And this is not some treehugging rant, thank you! Image

P.P.S - Sex and love are two completely different things, just like money and love! Although of course, sex and love can contemplate each other like it's nobodies business! Razz

quiksilva
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When you live in an environment where there is no welfare state, there is no financial safety net to catch you when you fall. This is something that we who have been brought up in the West all too often take for granted.

No financial security could then quite easilly mean the loss of the basic human needs that P described. Although I suppose that food could be found rummaging around in dustbins and shelter could be sought under a bridge, but I dont think thats where anyone wants to raise the kids. Come to think of it I wonder how many of the homeless are happilly married....

As they say, money makes the world go around, and the last time I looked not even the basics came for free.

You are correct money has nothing to do with love, but working together with your love to pursue the almighty $ can help to create a physically and financially secure environment for your familly.

It is this that gives any parents worth their salt, peace of mind, which also helps make it an emotionally secure environment.

So I suppose it is peace of mind that I ultimately desire. Seeing as I dont want to go into the monastry just yet, the pursuit of money is the path I have taken because cash is the tool deemed necessary by this world to achieve that goal.

Last edited by quiksilva on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
amadeus
Team XLink Moderator
Team XLink Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

agreed, I think the ultimate response would be we are all arguing different points, valid, but different none-the-less.

(-TU-)Kovert-xX
Team XLink Clan Manager
Team XLink Clan Manager

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I also think that each of us have learned one thing or another from each person in this "debate"...i know i have...so good luck guys Wink

~JeLLy][BoNeS~
Kai Lover
Kai Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WOW! dud that is some posts lol, and to end this men want sex and video games, food and then more sex Laughing

P.S i feel sorry for the girls who read this topic lol

oops sorry can a mod. delete my first post my bad lol i dont know why it did that

EDIT by amadeus - Fixed for ya mate!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic